AFL 2017 - R20 Geelong v Sydney - 19:50 AEST Simmons Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloods gearing up just at the pointy of the end of the season. Slapped Geelong with no impact from Buddy and without Kennedy.
Would rather play anyone but them at the moment.

Not if we meet the swans mate.

We just can't find the formula. They have us by the balls
The Cats didn't play to full potential tonite, I saw the Swans last week at the G, good team but the Hawks
won last week with many players out. Cats will hope to peak in September, and are good enough to win the flag this year.
The Crows at the G are not unbeatable.

Honestly, don't think we played that well. Buddy, Jones and Tippett well down. Beaten in the ruck. Grundy was poor. Heeney and Mills only played in spurts. And our highest possession winner was Parker with 23... 8th highest for the game. Good signs I guess.

All those players looked interested and did little things, they at least contributed and did not fade away. Sydney just need some luck with injuries.

Bloods gearing up just at the pointy of the end of the season. Slapped Geelong with no impact from Buddy and without Kennedy.
Would rather play anyone but them at the moment.
If you would truly rather play them, look at their reserves form lately. Good Luck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont understand it no.
You just hate political correctness and tell it like it is.

Not at all, being PC has its place. But throwing that around trivialises a real issue, not helpful in an actual fight against it. You have enough stats on your side as to why he is a great, you don't need to run to that to win an argument.

The Cats didn't play to full potential tonite, I saw the Swans last week at the G, good team but the Hawks
won last week with many players out. Cats will hope to peak in September, and are good enough to win the flag this year.
The Crows at the G are not unbeatable.
We are so lucky to have fallen over the line the past 8 of 9 games.

Geelong had their depth shown up tonight

I can't understand this, how many teams have someone waiting in the twos that can replace Patrick Dangerfield. They would have struggled even with PD IMO and the fact their Captain and second best player was injured before half time, well that would test any team!

Are you capable of judging a situation based on its individual merits or is the confirmation bias too strong? Maybe you posted the wrong gif? Selwood does nothing even close to being classified as ducking in that. The Sydney player throws his arm out so high that if Selwood actually did duck he couldve gone right under it. Shocking tackle technique.
I didn't say this one was a duck, I just provided the gif because it was being claimed as a duck.

Here's my take:
In terms of Selwood ducks, this wasn't too bad. The tackle was terrible, came in too high to be effective, especially considering it was on Selwood. But, the tackle wouldn't have slipped high if it wasn't for the little lean in just before contact and the arm raising by Selwood after contact. Brave players lift their arms BEFORE the tackle so their arms are free to handpass, but take the impact to the body.
End of the day, if I was umpiring I would have probably paid Selwood a free kick on this occasion.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

We are so lucky to have fallen over the line the past 8 of 9 games.
No doubt Swans are a good team, I went last week to the G, they couldn't win against a Hawks team, without about 5-6 of their best
22 players, and were coming back from Perth. Swans may win a final or 2, but won't win the flag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back