AFL 2017 - R21 Essendon v Adelaide Crows 19:25 AEST Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed. Both have great forwards and defenders, with the Giants getting the nod in the midfield battle. However, Adelaide - without checking - has more experience. That would be a great game.

Not sure, Giants have been our bunnies recently, but could be a by-product of us rarely going to Sydney.

From the neutrals was the umpiring as bad as it seemed sitting with a cohort of Essendon?

Who would you rather play week 1 of the finals at Blacktown then?

Cats or Tigers? or Swans at a stretch?
Honestly whoever.
Anyone who makes a QF isn't weak. Dont have the same fear of the Swans other people seem to. They're a quality side and rolled us a few weeks ago but it would be another great spectacle at ANZ.

Ah, thanks for the clarification, like most these days I take everything the commentators say with a giant sized grain of salt :cool:

Bring on next friday night

They also said that it will be the first time Adelaide has a home final in the first round since 2012. Try last year, Hamish...

Honestly whoever.
Anyone who makes a QF isn't weak. Dont have the same fear of the Swans other people seem to. They're a quality side and rolled us a few weeks ago but it would be another great spectacle at ANZ.

The first time though you gave Sydney a 4 goal head start and still flogged them didn't ya? I know it was a long time ago in terms of the season, and formlines, but I would still take ya in the derby, especially now you got "Guns" Deledio up there :D

It's possible but bloody unlikely we would have to beat WC and Geelong and they would have to lose to Swans and WC. Realistically they've got one home QF and have earned it. We battle the Cats and Tigers for the other.

Our % is so far ahead of Geelong's, there is no realistic way they can overtake us even if we drop the last 2 and they win their last 2. But we have a 27% gap on them and our points for is about 260 odd in front of the next one.

We'd need to concede some record scores and not kick many of our own scores to drop to close to their %. We'd have to score 45 points in each game and concede 180 each game to drop to 120% in the next 2 weeks.....

Top spot is not secure. But top 2 is 99.999999%

Our % is so far ahead of Geelong's, there is no realistic way they can overtake us even if we drop the last 2 and they win their last 2. But we have a 27% gap on them and our points for is about 260 odd in front of the next one.

We'd need to concede some record scores and not kick many of our own scores to drop to close to their %. We'd have to score 45 points in each game and concede 180 each game to drop to 120% in the next 2 weeks.....

Top spot is not secure. But top 2 is 99.999999%

Even if Geelong win the last 2 matches by huge margins, and Adelaide lose the last 2 matches by huge margins, since Geelong play GWS in round 23 that would mean that GWS wouldn't have won their last two games.

This means top 2 is 100% secure for Adelaide.

Thought Essendon were fantastic, both teams displayed real resilience throughout when both teams were challenged. Umpiring was appalling mainly for the bombers, if i was a bombers fan i'd be ropeable. got a lot of talent and building nicely for the next few seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Essendon were fantastic, both teams displayed real resilience throughout when both teams were challenged. Umpiring was appalling mainly for the bombers, if i was a bombers fan i'd be ropeable. got a lot of talent and building nicely for the next few seasons.
Watch out for Essendon next year

He was brilliant on Betts, certainly should be the favorite for the rising star.

Still think Burton has been marginally better. Thrown into the deep end of a very inexperienced Hawks backline and has thrived from the get go.

Umpiring was rubbish but our midfield is the worst in the comp and the reason we lost. Lost at the selection table once again with Woosha giving gold passes to the same slow as treacle players.

From the neutrals was the umpiring as bad as it seemed sitting with a cohort of Essendon?
umpiring was rubbish towards your side early. can recount:
non 15m kick by jenkins
spoiled mark by greenwood
htbs with no prior
and a few others

Eddie Betts is the most selfish overrated sheep dog.
If he looked different the footy world wouldn't fap over him like they do.
* off. Take that sash off if you're going to say s**t like that thanks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back