AFL 2017 - R21 - Melbourne v St. Kilda 13:10 AEST MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done Melbourne. The better team won today so congratulations on a well earnt win.

Now if only your supporters would start believing as the players do. The past does not always repeat itself and it does not hurt you to believe.

Too often though I have seen Dees fans write off their chances for no reason other then because of the past. Perhaps wins like these will encourage you all to be a bit more positive and have a lot more belief.

Best of luck for the rest of the season and finals if you make it. Well played :)
You made us sweat during that third. Tidy your disposal up and you'll go places with that list

Yep good luck in the finals melbourne.

Saints...we just have no champion players anymore. With Riewoldt gone gee our list looks ordinary. Billings has potential.
Other than that, it looks quite bleak.

McCartin has unfortunately turned out to be another Kosi, hopeless, useless and clumsy.

*ity *balls. Another shitty 5-10 years being s**t and 'rebuilding'

Good win but lots of work to do to be able to win a final

Seriously you guys are worse then Tiger fans. Just saw your post having doubts about beating Brisbane next week.

Reckon the Dees could win 19 in a row and your fans would still be worried about the following week against the wooden spooners.

We have not won a flag for 51 seasons and Saints fans are more positive then Dees and Tiger fans. As were Dogs fans pre last season. Why the huge chip on your shoulders? The past is the past, the future is not always the same......

Will you be making a play for Kelly?
I would hope so.

I'd prefer we went after proven talent because 1) I don't trust our recruiters & 2) I don't trust our recruiters

We've already got too much draft stock invested in players who might physically/mentally not be up to it. I'd be shopping those first round picks for proven players.

Melbourne and Saints supporters are far too civil to one other after a game.
When you're beaten because you weren't good enough when the stakes were obvious, they're isn't much to say.

Melbourne and Saints supporters are far too civil to one other after a game.

There is nothing to not be civil about. We had every chance. The umps even given us an arm chair ride. We were just unable to get the job done. It didn't help that we didn't come to compete in the first half. We weren't good enough today. That is our season done.

There is nothing to not be civil about. We had every chance. The umps even given us an arm chair ride. We were just unable to get the job done. It didn't help that we didn't come to compete in the first half. We weren't good enough today. That is our season done.

Hey Collingwood knock off Port today, we beat North by 200 and we still have a chance :p:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously you guys are worse then Tiger fans. Just saw your post having doubts about beating Brisbane next week.

Reckon the Dees could win 19 in a row and your fans would still be worried about the following week against the wooden spooners.

We have not won a flag for 51 seasons and Saints fans are more positive then Dees and Tiger fans. As were Dogs fans pre last season. Why the huge chip on your shoulders? The past is the past, the future is not always the same......
Would like some more consistency. That'll probably come next year. Hey, seriously, don't underrate Brisbane. They'll throw the kitchen sink at us. As will Collingwood. Will have to be 100% to win both.

Would like some more consistency. That'll probably come next year. Hey, seriously, don't underrate Brisbane. They'll throw the kitchen sink at us. As will Collingwood. Will have to be 100% to win both.

Reckon you could have been around in the 50s, in the Demons glory years and you still would have doubted them every year, and proved your point by saying Collingwood beat Melbourne, once.

Personally I never doubt my side til it is impossible, Melbournes destiny is far from that so enjoy it, a life enjoyed is far more fun then a life worried.

There are Dees fans in their 80s and 90s who still think positive that the glory days will return. Why can't you think the same rather then worrying over every little thing?

Yep good luck in the finals melbourne.

Saints...we just have no champion players anymore. With Riewoldt gone gee our list looks ordinary. Billings has potential.
Other than that, it looks quite bleak.

McCartin has unfortunately turned out to be another Kosi, hopeless, useless and clumsy.

****ity ****balls. Another shitty 5-10 years being s**t and 'rebuilding'
Not really. Make some intelligent choices in the off season, trade and recruit well, and you'll be fine. You need a KPF. Bruce is a bit clumsy and McCartin hasn't come on yet.

Defence not bad. Who could you trade?

Reckon you could have been around in the 50s, in the Demons glory years and you still would have doubted them every year, and proved your point by saying Collingwood beat Melbourne, once.

Personally I never doubt my side til it is impossible, Melbournes destiny is far from that so enjoy it, a life enjoyed is far more fun then a life worried.

There are Dees fans in their 80s and 90s who still think positive that the glory days will return. Why can't you think the same rather then worrying over every little thing?
I am stoked we've won. Really stoked. Just have incredibly high standards and know what's required to win premierships.

I am stoked we've won. Really stoked. Just have incredibly high standards and know what's required to win premierships.

At least stop doubting nearly so much.

Sure you lost to North, boo hoo. In return you knocked off the Crows, in Adelaide.

Would you really have preferred to be embarrassed by a side you may meet in finals and beaten North instead? Not likely.

Clearly the top 8 is hard earnt this year so if you do make it celebrate that rather then wondering about where your next loss is gonna come from.

And yes what is required is to win 4 finals, that is all. Be the better team of 2 on one day, not every day. The Dogs showed anything can happen if you are the best team on that day only.

Fair play to Saints fans. They were well off the mark in that first half, and the game was mostly done and dusted after that. I really rated St Kilda this year and had them in my top 5 or 6, and not that they were that far off, but just a little disappointing for me

Really happy for Brayshaw to not just play, but play well.

We have some very important players in the ressies who need to pull their finger out and get into this side. Most will talk about Watts, but I think Salem is even more important. He was fantastic in the first half of this year, and while he hadn't been great since he came back from injury, I was still a little shocked when he was omitted. He is comfortably our best kick in my humble.

Although did I read he got reported for Casey yesterday?

Why can't you think the same rather then worrying over every little thing?

Defence mechanism to protect against mental anguish.

Logically the past, and the players who were part of the past and now gone, don't define the future. But losing to North, Freo, Hawks when they were struggling bring flashbacks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back