AFL 2017 - R22 - Adelaide Crows v Sydney Swans 19:20 ACST - Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans with their wannabe tough man s**t again
As if you didn't know that.

Just remember that if you retaliate and the Swans don't no like it, they will feel disrespected.
So the Swans are the Tough Man Tony Abbott of the AFL, Pick a fight with a random bum in the street then Back those budgie smugglers down after knowing the person they pick a fight with is Vladimir Putin, who is an expert in Judo and other deadly KGB unarmed tactics. Nice
LOL Swans trying to be like toughman Tony Abbott and rough Adelaide up.

And love the Boos for Tippett! :D
the Bondi Budgie smugglers. Now it all makes sense lol

Swans probably should have lost given they lost every significant stat but took every chance they were given and kicked straight. Simple fact is Adelaide would rather play Richmond instead of Sydney in the qual final and they may have just set the wheels in motion. Massive now for Richmond

The fact that it happens on a weekly basis with zero action by the AFL says all you need to know. The AFL is happy with biased home crowd umpiring because it keeps the crowds turning up. That is full on corruption by any measure of the word.
no the afl cant do a thing about it. what could they do to stop it? most of the bias is subconscious.

A huge win for swans. For long periods there were under heavy fire pinned down in their back half. There were little signs though. They were still having a crack inside and were getting numbers around the ball. Crows had more beyond the ball carrier space options and set up well in the back half cutting off entries. Then swans got a bit of outside movement and managed to hit up some forward options. It was pulsating stuff and Swans got their noses in front ran down the clock like the pros they are. I expect the defeat will help not hurt crows come finals.

He should have been pinged 3 or 4 times holding the ball...awful umpiring last night.

This. It isn't the ones the Crows got it was the ones that were blatantly missed down the other end.

Good game. We weee just monstered for half the match, but our backline held strong. Feels the Crows only missed 3 or so genuine gimmes - we tended to make it more difficult for them than they usually manage.

Good response in the last quarter when we were getting smashed.
Need to work on our transition out of defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know what you're trying to say but that 50 meter penalty changed the game. If it's called correctly Swans lose.

You won enjoy it.

Yeah and if Jenkins gets pinned HTB 4-5 times like he should have been the game isn't as close. Adelaide got far more calls than we did...not to mention we got Jones reported for doing exactly what...

It's typical Parnell though, I rather Ray than that bloke!

no the afl cant do a thing about it. what could they do to stop it? most of the bias is subconscious.

I agree that it is subconscious, a selfish need for positive reinforcement (crowd approval instead of the incessant booing that is the norm) & I can understand that to some degree as I would absolutely hate any job where I was the target of constant abuse, ridicule & disapproval. But Umpires at this level really need to be able to put themselves above all that & ignore the crowd, they should be professional enough by now to do so.

Sydney were lucky to win in the end, no doubt, but anyone disputing they weren't due that luck given many of the decisions that had gone against them all night, well what's the saying? - Tough T**ty;).

Yeah and if Jenkins gets pinned HTB 4-5 times like he should have been the game isn't as close. Adelaide got far more calls than we did...not to mention we got Jones reported for doing exactly what...

It's typical Parnell though, I rather Ray than that bloke!

I always thought Pannell was a cheat, But he's just s**t.

Defense didnt shut us down, we still had 25% more shots on goal... We just missed those shots. Isnt that a Bradbury?
No. It's close but no. You're the guys that fell over themselves while Bradbury cruised to the finish line.

Sydney would be the one's that did the Bradbury in this case.

However having said that, I don't think Sydney did a Bradbury. For all of Adelaide's dominance in key statistical areas, Sydney won. Which in itself is a huge psychological boost for the Swans.

Bradbury wouldn't feel so confident racing those blokes again ... but Sydney would.

Seems to have it in for Sydney where ever they are unfortunate enough to get him, home or away.

Yep. As pedantic as Ray is, at least he's consistent both ways...Parnell is just hopeless. I also don't mind Stevic (so long as we are not playing Hawthorn)

We need to see more posting from you Hawks towards the last few pages of these Game day Swans threads.
You have plenty to contribute.
Okay then. Sydney had a fantastic win against enormous adversity whilst losing in all key statistical areas. Great psychological boost for their confidence because I, and I'm sure they also, think they won't be dominated like that again in 2017, which will make them bloody tough to beat.

If they go all the way and win the premiership, I wouldn't begrudge them of that. Well done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back