10 marks
5 contested marks
2 tackles
2 goals

O'Brien (23)
Sicily (22)
Burton (20)

Then there's Roughead and Gunston.

I don't know why Hawthorn went after Vickery to be honest. The Hawks have other pressing needs like in the midfield and in defence. :(

If McEvoy goes down we would be completely ****ed. Not saying Vickery is the answer but the reasoning was trying to replace the Hale role that was sorely missed last year. Plus, nobody had any idea whether Roughead would live or not, let alone play every game.

Vince killed 15 seconds with 30 left. Wtf
Wtf was he supposed to do? Kick the ball to 10 loose hawthorn players?

Blame the coaching in the last minute not vince

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

It's the lack of our leaders contributing as well as being a young side, but the youth card is starting to wear thin.

Vince has been big average, viney and Jones out of touch, McDonald not marking anything, our skills are deplorable. Worst I've seen in a long long time. Our forward targets are non existent, so that needs fixing, and not having Gawn is really starting to hurt.

Tyson another one that I am really struggling to support at the moment. I think Hogan needs a spell in the middle. With Watts and Pederson permanent forwards.

Mate, at the end of the day, we are are bottom 5 side. Simple.
You're better than that, you just seem to lack composure at times. Also, you overused the ball today. Still think you'll be in that logjam for 8th, though Gawn is hurting your chances.

That is using US data, it is not relevant to Australia. We have data based on our health system, which doesn't restrict medical treatment.

It provides graphs you can read. Link to something with stats in Australia that has resolution to see what the survival rates are in young people in prostate versus breast cancer. You seriously think the US has a massively different cancer survival rate across different cancers to Australia?

That article is also a political propaganda piece to justify the status quo and is not providing sources to data.

As opposed to your political agenda, where you think men are getting hardly done by because of breast cancer research money allocations?
You also have very poor reading skills if you think that article doesn't references its source. Every stat is referenced along with the full citation for each reference.

I am happy for you if you can put an acceptable value on men's lives, I just feel it is wrong.

Funding is always about priorities, as there is a finite pool. Despite what your misreading of the stats may suggest, more young people with otherwise long lives ahead of them are dying from breast cancer than prostate cancer. It isn't about women versus men (which is clearly how you've chosen to cast the argument), it is about years lost to otherwise young and healthy people, and prostate cancer just doesn't compare. I'd be arguing for a larger research pool for more research and awareness for prostate cancer, but I also understand why the allocations are as they, and I'm very happy to prioritise saving people with 50 years ahead of them versus 5-10 years.

Hawks fans. When does vickery come
Back ?

Who's Vickery?

It is not even an AFL game.

It's a game put on for the sole purpose of raising research funds for prostate cancer.

I say this as someone who has worked in healthcare for more than twenty years; Breast cancer gets a lot of funding and there is undeniably a degree of politics around that. But so it should. It kills a horrendous number of women.

Wtf was he supposed to do? Kick the ball to 10 loose hawthorn players?

Blame the coaching in the last minute not vince

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
He had a player run past when he first got possession. Clean handball to the runner to kick it long inside 50. His kick was almost a turnover by the time he decided to give it off.

Team looked good today
Roughead was gold

No doubt hawks still are quality
Just think when your playing against a fast/ powerful midfield that's when you run into trouble

No doubt. Teams with good midfield depth will trouble Hawthorn.

This current Melbourne team reminds me of Hawthorn of 2007.

I mean do you have actual leaders who know what to do ? Experience doesn't mean generals/leaders
I'm not sure on Viney/jones but Lewis (stepped up) and Vince should be able to lead in that situation

Vince holding up play for 15 seconds with no time left is not something any player should do

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure on Viney/jones but Lewis (stepped up) and Vince should be able to lead in that situation

Vince holding up play for 15 seconds with no time left is not something any player should do

If you can't look to your older leaders
Then the young leaders are so important. But unfortunate they are inexperienced

Just have to give your young guys time

If you can't look to your older leaders
Then the young leaders are so important. But unfortunate they are inexperienced

Just have to give your young guys time
We've been saying that for a long time

Who's Vickery?

It's a game put on for the sole purpose of raising research funds for prostate cancer.

I say this as someone who has worked in healthcare for more than twenty years; Breast cancer gets a lot of funding and there is undeniably a degree of politics around that. But so it should. It kills a horrendous number of women.

As I said, I am not against breast cancer awareness or research, it should be tenfold what it is and we should waste a lot less money on semi-useless s**t like submarines or stealth fighter planes.

However, I think prostate cancer and men's health in general should be taken a lot more seriously than it is, get a lot more funding than it does get. We are losing far too many people who want to live to preventable or curable cancers.

However, I think prostate cancer and men's health in general should be taken a lot more seriously than it is, get a lot more funding than it does get. We are losing far too many people who want to live to preventable or curable cancers.

You could argue any number of diseases have insufficient research funding and you'd be right.

You know who should take men's health more seriously? Men.

You're better than that, you just seem to lack composure at times. Also, you overused the ball today. Still think you'll be in that logjam for 8th, though Gawn is hurting your chances.
Logjam for 8th? No way.

North, St Kilda, Hawthorn, Fremantle, GC will battle it out for 8th. I'd put us on pat with Carlton and marginally ahead of Essendon. I think St Kilda will be 8th. I'd put us 13th or 14th, maybe 15th.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back