AFL 2017 - R7 - St Kilda v GWS - 19:50 AEST Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Says the bloke that his team has half a state to get fans from and averages 32k at home games this year

Well seeming as though you brought it up, yes we do average more than St.Kilda but that was not what the discussion was about. So back onto the topic which was tonights Poor Attendance.

Why do you think less than half their fans showed up for their big Friday Night game?

The St Kilda defence has been massive. Roberton, Webster, Geary I think has improved with the added responsibility of captain all in career best form, with the solidity of Brown and Carlisle, keeping Cameron and Patton to 3 goals between them. Huge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without a doubt and probably 2020, Roo is ELITE in fact is at the top of his game

And he is only 34
Just because you're an idiot, doesn't mean you're totally wrong.
Riewoldt is no longer at his best.

He has been instrumental for us this season though, and that he has a quieter game than normal tonight and yet our game was still good enough to beat GWS is in a word, pleasing.

The St Kilda defence has been massive. Roberton, Webster, Geary I think has improved with the added responsibility of captain all in career best form, with the solidity of Brown and Carlisle, keeping Cameron and Patton to 3 goals between them. Huge.

I actually thought it was more your midfield pressure forcing some terrible entries by the Giants that was the factor which made you defenders job a lot easier. Saints rebounding off half back is very good too.

knew st kilda wasn't goin to disappoint me tonight.. sweet to start the round with 1/1 for my tips. maybe this will finally up my pick % and break this slump that i wrapped myself with this season :)

Lol you and your obsession with GWS. Why are you going All Tony Abbott on them? They are only in the league since 2012. As for your dislike for North, You explained your dislike for North which was fair enough lol

I love GWS and want them to win the 2017 flag hence why I am being harsh on them right now. Every win counts!

I personally think the umpiring was pretty good and the Saint just wanted to more in the end.
The umpiring, in particular incorrect disposal and HTB, has reached a new low tonight. Both teams were allowed to simply hold onto it, drop it, throw it, without any fear whatsoever of being pinged. There are always 2-3 contentious frees for deliberate OOB which invariably take up all of the column inches and air time, but when will the media actually discuss the crisis in the area of HTB/illegal disposal, which affects 50+ decisions in any one game?

As for the game, Saints mids worked so much harder than the GWS counterparts - 26 tackles to 11 despite having much more of the ball is workrate personified (or lack of in GWS' case). The Giants flatter to deceive when they are seriously challenged by the opposition - there is an element of front runner about their midfield. And Stevie J is as cooked as any player has ever looked.

Let's not leave out the Tigers as well. The field is narrowing down and on tonight's performance the Giants are way off the mark and they shouldn't be. My Cats are a 6th-8th team at best, but pre season premiership favourites GWS maybe searching for a new coach? Something the Dockers should also be doing.
As far as tonight is concerned, I am glad I didn't put GWS in My Multi. I don't think the Giants are as bad as some people think. Tonight, I am not convinced GWS will be top 4. Your Under selling the cats. Cats can finish anywhere between 3rd-6th easily. Might get 2nd if things fall the way.

As for freo looking for a new coach.... Ross Lyon deserves to at least see out the 2017 season. Don't mind playing the youth last week, 11 guys each with under 50 games of experience. Oh and the Legendary Zac Dawson hasn't played since round 2. Ironically from round 3 onwards, we been playing semi decent footy. Not that I tolerate mediocrity, But I will enjoy this rebuild than say.... compared to the 2007-9 period.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back