Summary
showers.png

Max 18
Showers developing. Windy.
Possible rainfall: 1 to 4 mm
Chance of any rain: 90%
rain_90.gif

Melbourne area
Sunny at first, then cloud increasing late morning. High (80%) chance of showers from the late morning. Possible hail this evening. Winds north to northwesterly 25 to 35 km/h turning westerly in the afternoon.

Preview

The Bulldogs look to have finally got their groove back against Greater Western Sydney last week despite going down by two points. Luke Beveridge would have been pleased his side's intensity around the ball was back to its ferocious best and ball movement from defence to attack is steadily improving. What would have frustrated him was the Dogs' ongoing wayward kicking in front of goal, but if the premiers fix up that problem, Richmond might encounter a 'perfect storm' for the second week running. The Tigers went into the clash with Adelaide last week high on confidence and undefeated, but left with a 76-point drubbing and plenty of questions over their finals aspirations. The Crows blew them away with exquisite ball movement on a lightning fast Adelaide Oval deck – something the Dogs are capable of in the benign conditions of Etihad Stadium.

PREDICTION: Western Bulldogs by 21 points.

VFL Curtain Raiser

Footscray v Richmond VFL teams are playing a curtain raiser starting at 3:30pm*

Last edited:

We need to make the play to be a chance, not shrink back into our shells as we did after quarter time against Adelaide.

Not confident. If the Dogs happen to be switched on, another big defeat is a possibility.

Much as I'd love a win, and I think it is certainly possible, overall I think the bullies, at home, will be a bit much for us.

After last week, I'll be content with a reasonably close, or at least hard fought, 'honourable loss'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Doggies have only played one really good game (last week) and the Tigers have only played one really bad game (last week). So it's interesting that the Tigers are so easily dismissed for tonight. If you look at the first 6 rounds of the season as a total body of work you could easily argue they've been the better side. Prestia & Nank out hurts though.

The Doggies have only played one really good game (last week) and the Tigers have only played one really bad game (last week). So it's interesting that the Tigers are so easily dismissed for tonight. If you look at the first 6 rounds of the season as a total body of work you could easily argue they've been the better side. Prestia & Nank out hurts though.

Don't worry,they will run their little leggies orff tonight to the umps blowing their whistlies.

Dogs should win but it's been a strange round so far, in a strange season.

Tipping a thriller. Dogs to lead until the last minute when Jack Riewoldt misses under pressure to force a draw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back