AFL 2017 - R8 - St Kilda v Carlton - 14:10 AEST, Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

yes i think we did. early into our second year of our rebuild. i think our 23 and under pkayers in docherty. marchbank. cripps. c curnow. silvagni. fisher. williamson. weitering. plowman etc gave another indication that we are on the right track. we'd love to win every game but it just as important for us to get experience and ensure that our foundations are solid.

What would you know?

I watched the game, so.. I know.. ?? Carlton has been doing this all year. You can bag out Collingwood as much as you want, but at least we give it a crack. I can't see how Carlton's coaching staff can expect to win with this game plan. You guys are just lucky you kicked straight today. 33 inside 50's is horrendous.

I watched the game, so.. I know.. ?? Carlton has been doing this all year. You can bag out Collingwood as much as you want, but at least we give it a crack. I can't see how Carlton's coaching staff can expect to win with this game plan. You guys are just lucky you kicked straight today. 33 inside 50's is horrendous.
We played 6 teenagers today. Collingwood? Not going to be getting better anytime soon..

If Murphy genuinely sledged an injured player then I'm not happy about that. They didn't show any footage of what sparked the melee so I don't know what happened for sure.
It was at my end. All I saw was Carlisle on the ground and a 44 man punch on.

From what I can gather.
Kasboults knee ended up in Carlisles plumbs. Carlisle on the ground recived a spray from Murphy and all hell broke loose.

Mind you its nice to see an old fashoned Melee.

St Kilda are in top eight knocking on top four for a reason they are a good team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We played 6 teenagers today. Collingwood? Not going to be getting better anytime soon..

Look at the Score of Collingwood Vs the "flag favorites" that is taking place right now lol.

I'm not bagging out Carlton because they lost, but the gameplan is crap. It's boring, rubbish. It was one of the most boring games I have watched this year, thanks to Carlton. If they just positioned some players around the ground it would have been a nicer watch, but instead they have everyone behind the back 50... then kick kick kick.. backwards sideways.. doesn't matter about winning let's just not get smashed. Docherty won't play past 30.. the amount of ball coming his way and contested marks the guy takes his body will be that of an old man's.

Look at the Score of Collingwood Vs the "flag favorites" that is taking place right now lol.

I'm not bagging out Carlton because they lost, but the gameplan is crap. It's boring, rubbish. It was one of the most boring games I have watched this year, thanks to Carlton. If they just positioned some players around the ground it would have been a nicer watch, but instead they have everyone behind the back 50... then kick kick kick.. backwards sideways.. doesn't matter about winning let's just not get smashed. Docherty won't play past 30.. the amount of ball coming his way and contested marks the guy takes his body will be that of an old man's.

What you watched was a game between 2 sides who beat Collingwood. Back in your box

Maybe if Collingwood had some forwards to make them accountable they'd actually force Carlton to play differently.

But you don't and you're rubbish. Back in your box.

It's what any team with an afl standard coach would do. So unfortunately you won't see anything of the sort.

We have built our team from defence first and played an ultra attacking team that's a few years ahead in development. If we went head to head full on attack it would of been a bloodbath today. Give it a few years and we'll be able to do the same thing while being able to fall back on a defensive gameplan when needed.

Hope you're happy with giving it a crack and stick with Everything the way it is now. Will make it enjoyable playing you guys in the coming years.

We did what a good side should in the end and ran away with it but Carlton are no easybeats, well coached with some good young talent that go hard.

If they can keep that side together and add some more quality to their list they'll be finals bound in a couple of years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back