AFL 2017 - R9 - Brisbane v Adelaide - 19:25 AEST, Gabba

Jun 30, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oz Bball, Equest, Net, Tenn, Voll
Was a very good first round. Most clubs are happy.
You're right, it's an extremely tough year for 1st rd and the majority r showing why they were rated there. The depth made it harder and for any who were drafted in '16, all the best!

simmo_bc

Cancelled
Port Adelaide - Riley Bonner Player Sponsor 2016
Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Leeds United, Portland Trailblazers
Can Talia do anything but punch?

simmo_bc

Cancelled
Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Close looks like Nigel lappin!

What would you give up to get him to your club?

nathan lonie

in seriousness, given his age you couldn't offer enough to prize him from Adelaide without paying overs. He's better than wingard but wingard offers 8 years or so ahead, so he's off the table.

Offering up hartlett would make sense given our abundant hbf's but the crows would giggle.

I guess I'll just have to enjoy him in the colours he wears today.

mick500

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
nathan lonie

in seriousness, given his age you couldn't offer enough to prize him from Adelaide without paying overs. He's better than wingard but wingard offers 8 years or so ahead, so he's off the table.

Offering up hartlett would make sense given our abundant hbf's but the crows would giggle.

Yeah. I wanted to trade Dangerfield for wingard the yr before he left for Geelong. Everyone laughed. I can understand port laughing, but not crows supporters.. at least we would of gotten something for him. Not that wingard would of wanted to move anyway. Robbie gray for betts. Seems about right.

simmo_bc

Cancelled
Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
nathan lonie

Wingard is a half forward flanker and soon to be full time midfielder, Betts is a forward pocket.

Better than Wingard? Betts was an underachiever until he reluctantly left Carlton.

Wingard was a dual all Australian at 21 years of age and will retire as a far better player and is a better player than what Betts was at the same age.

Yeah. I wanted to trade Dangerfield for wingard the yr before he left for Geelong. Everyone laughed. I can understand port laughing, but not crows supporters.. at least we would of gotten something for him. Not that wingard would of wanted to move anyway. Robbie gray for betts. Seems about right.

yep re gray for betts, especially in terms of respect by both supporter groups

our bigger issues at Port are our ruck depth and getting a full forward (dixon is a chf not a ff).

Back