AFL 2017 - R9 - Fremantle v Carlton - 14:40 AWST, Subiaco

Remove this Banner Ad

Well Freo have Adelaide next week. It's funny how Fremantle people believe this was an amazing win. It's easy to see straight through them with exactly what you just said. They fell over the line thanks to circumstance. The line for the Adelaide game isn't out yet, but I'm guessing it will be around -25 and I will pound that line until kingdom come.
Dreamer.

It's -33.5 at sportsbet.com.au.

Adelaide $1.14. Freo $5.75.

All this talk of 6 free kicks led to goals etc is just sour grapes

Carlton had us on the ropes for a qtr and a half, had they kicked truly we might have been in big trouble.

Half way through the second we stopped the bleeding then in the 3rd we dominated

Both teams will be fatigued next week it was a slog fest.

Good luck blues :thumbsu:

Every year it seems to bitterness and bad sportmanship of people here gets worse.
Carlton came out of the gate better in the wet and deservedly dominated for a quarter, Freo settled and handled them easily from there. I'm a nervous watcher and never believe its over till its over but today I said to my mate half way through the second, we've got this. Our defence settled and Carlton couldn't score (4 goals in 3 quarters). Sandi killed the ruck, just ruled it and our mids led by Neale & Blakely were a class above anyone else out there. Walters and Crozier did the damage on the scoreboard.
Umpires had zero effect on this result, zero.
As for bitter Saints supporters because they got a reality check this weekend . . .
no one from Freo thinks we are threatening the top 4 this year but after last year and bringing in about half a team worth of new and younger players you'd be the most miserable supporter in the world not to be pleased with how we're going.

Mate, I was responding to a cheap shot at my team.

Not sure why anyone would criticise your team based on today's performance. Clearly heading in the right direction with a good coach and game plan, and some terrific talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sutcliffe, Ibbotson, Spurr.
Why why why why is Lyon persisting with all three of them?
Much better off playing younger players in these positions. These three add nothing. Just cloggers.

Every year it seems to bitterness and bad sportmanship of people here gets worse.
Carlton came out of the gate better in the wet and deservedly dominated for a quarter, Freo settled and handled them easily from there. I'm a nervous watcher and never believe its over till its over but today I said to my mate half way through the second, we've got this. Our defence settled and Carlton couldn't score (4 goals in 3 quarters). Sandi killed the ruck, just ruled it and our mids led by Neale & Blakely were a class above anyone else out there. Walters and Crozier did the damage on the scoreboard.
Umpires had zero effect on this result, zero.
As for bitter Saints supporters because they got a reality check this weekend . . .
no one from Freo thinks we are threatening the top 4 this year but after last year and bringing in about half a team worth of new and younger players you'd be the most miserable supporter in the world not to be pleased with how we're going.

You're living in a fantasy world if you think the umpiring didn't have an effect on the game.

Freo scored at least 4 or 5 goals from soft free kicks paid in front of goal in a wet low scoring game.

At the very least it affected the margin if not the result.

You're living in a fantasy world if you think the umpiring didn't have an effect on the game.

Freo scored at least 4 or 5 goals from soft free kicks paid in front of goal in a wet low scoring game.

At the very least it affected the margin if not the result.
We attacked the ball harder hence getting more frees.

Sutcliffe, Ibbotson, Spurr.
Why why why why is Lyon persisting with all three of them?
Much better off playing younger players in these positions. These three add nothing. Just cloggers.
Usually I'd agree but Sutcliffe was good today. But pls, you know zilch about our list from your previous posts (you actually said a similar thing about Weller earlier in the year:straining:) .

Usually I'd agree but Sutcliffe was good today. But pls, you know zilch about our list from your previous posts (you actually said a similar thing about Weller earlier in the year:straining:) .
I watch you most weeks.
Weller? He is only 20. He was down in form but I never said he was a clogger. You have to be over 25 to be a clogger for starters.
Get Ibbo out and Brennan Cox in.

Sutty will be good depth but Mother of God how bad was Ibbo and Spur

Well Freo have Adelaide next week. It's funny how Fremantle people believe this was an amazing win. It's easy to see straight through them with exactly what you just said. They fell over the line thanks to circumstance. The line for the Adelaide game isn't out yet, but I'm guessing it will be around -25 and I will pound that line until kingdom come.

Freo supporters. Not even allowed to enjoy a win without someone having a crack.

We got 3 more Free kicks. Inaccurate kicking and genuine shitness cost you the game, not the umpires.

Free kick count doesn't determine how bad the umpiring was, of course when it gets evened up in red time it doesn't stop idiots falling for it so we only have those people to blame really.

Get Ibbo out and Brennan Cox in.

I agree, and I'm sure this will happen but you have to be careful not to throw the kids to the wolves. If you look at what Melbourne did and where they are now you can see that pushing too many kids through simultaneously is not necessarily a good idea.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back