AFL 2017 - R9 - Geelong v Western Bulldogs 19:50 AEST, Simonds Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

chris scott with a nice jab in the presser the dogs are dangerous they are good at throwing the ball around and throwing it back over there heads
I thought exactly the same during the game. Umpire pinged Dogs a few times for throws, and those over the heads, WTF?

Bevo with a nice backhander in his presser ...."they rely on their best players heavily and we didn't do enough to stop them" ....for those that need translation services basically he's saying No Dangerwood No Geelong :$....savage.
Didnt see that as a backhander just stating the bloody obvious.

Bevo with a nice backhander in his presser ...."they rely on their best players heavily and we didn't do enough to stop them" ....for those that need translation services basically he's saying No Dangerwood No Geelong :$....savage.
Thank you for providing your interpretation and telling us it's gospel

So the Dogs again unable to beat someone not in the bottom 6. And again with more frees.

I'm shocked to be sitting here.

We have played West Coast, GWS, and Geelong on their home decks and lost by an average of 12 points each game.

We aren't on fire at the moment but not getting smashed either.

Season not lost yet

Didnt see that as a backhander just stating the bloody obvious.

But the Dogs best players did nothing. Bontempelli, Hunter, Maccrae, Picken.. none of these guys had huge games. Picken was the best of the lot, but all these guys were on fire last year.. so Bevo kind of back handed himself with that comment.

Dogs best players - Tom Boyd, Caleb Daniel and a guy who hasn't played for a year in Mitch Wallis.

Man you'd think he'd have to respect a side he can't beat.

How many times has he played Geelong now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But the Dogs best players did nothing. Bontempelli, Hunter, Maccrae, Picken.. none of these guys had huge games. Picken was the best of the lot, but all these guys were on fire last year.. so Bevo kind of back handed himself with that comment.

Dogs best players - Tom Boyd, Caleb Daniel and a guy who hasn't played for a year in Mitch Wallis.
Yeh agree. Bevo never really tags and always backs his players to be better than the opposition but they arent at the moment.

What's it like having a memory that only goes back 15 minutes? I guess you write yourself a lot of notes like in 'Memento'?
Sorry, what was my original post?

Scott Selwood is like, the perfect player to have come back in the side after the side being criticised for tackling. If nothing else, he will always do that well. If his foot is finally fixed, he will be more than handy.

He pretty much said that before the game. Then failed more of a sledge to Chris Scott' coaching ability.....basically he ain't much chop and basically relies on Dangerwood playing a blinder ......after watching that game tonight I agree with him based on that performance
He pretty much said that before the game. Then failed to counter it.
I think it's more of a sledge to Chris Scott' coaching ability.....basically he ain't much chop and basically relies on Dangerwood playing a blinder ......after watching that game tonight I agree with him based on that performance.

Yeh agree. Bevo never really tags and always backs his players to be better than the opposition but they arent at the moment.

Might be a blessing in disguise that these players are low on form at the moment. Good timing for a wake up call for a few. Better that this sort of thing happens now, rather than in August or September...

I think it's more of a sledge to Chris Scott' coaching ability.....basically he ain't much chop and basically relies on Dangerwood playing a blinder ......after watching that game tonight I agree with him based on that performance.

I did not say the first quote you included.

The game reflects badly on Beveridge more than Chris Scott. He stated before the game that Dangerwood was the main threat but failed to counter it. But it wasn't just Dangerwood. Duncan got a career high 18 tackles. Scott Selwood got a career high 17 tackles. Zac Smith got career high disposals, hitouts and tackles.

130 tackles... you'd hope a few would get rewarded
And the Bulldogs had 104. You would hope their's would have been rewarded equally, which would've been about 5 HTB frees.
It was a really good game and I was looking forward to watching them both scrap it out for the rest of the last quarter, but then the umpires gifted them a few goals and took the wind out of it. Shame, could've been an epic finish.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back