AFL 2017 - R9 - Geelong v Western Bulldogs 19:50 AEST, Simonds Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree. Although the umpires might have had influence on momentum, the Dogs lost Clearances, inside 50's and took 11 marks inside 50 for 12 goals. That's pretty crap, and I think a big part of it was taking Liberatore out of the team and putting Cloke in there.
Apart from the tackle count, the stats were even enough to be considered a draw in pretty much every other category.

chris scott with a nice jab in the presser the dogs are dangerous they are good at throwing the ball around and throwing it back over there heads
Interesting because I thought the Cats got away with a number of throws in the first half in particular, but don't really recall seeing any from the Dogs.

this accounts for virtually every single gameday thread unfortunately.
No. Just the Geelong ones. I've lost count of how many games geelong have won because of bullshit dodgy free kicks that result in goals. I know about two years back both times against Carlton where the games were very close and you guys received The good end of dodgy calls. In one instance one was not paid to us in the goalsquare with about a minute to go. The other was a bounce that should have been recalled which resulted in a goal to geelong. Both games the afl came out afterwards and said both the calls were wrong. Surprise surprise. You guys with duckwood are always on the good end of calls. He dropped the ball last night twice and both times it was play on. That game was clearly won by the umpires. But it's only geelong supporters who can't see it. If the game was umpired like that toward the doggies, you'd all be in here having a cry. Most people can recognize how biased the media and umpires are toward geelong. It's sickening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. Just the Geelong ones. I've lost count of how many games geelong have won because of bullshit dodgy free kicks that result in goals. I know about two years back both times against Carlton where the games were very close and you guys received The good end of dodgy calls. In one instance one was not paid to us in the goalsquare with about a minute to go. The other was a bounce that should have been recalled which resulted in a goal to geelong. Both games the afl came out afterwards and said both the calls were wrong. Surprise surprise. You guys with duckwood are always on the good end of calls. He dropped the ball last night twice and both times it was play on. That game was clearly won by the umpires. But it's only geelong supporters who can't see it. If the game was umpired like that toward the doggies, you'd all be in here having a cry. Most people can recognize how biased the media and umpires are toward geelong. It's sickening.

Yeah wow, you'd think someone would have done something about this by now?
if it was the least bit true

Yeah wow, you'd think someone would have done something about this by now?
if it was the least bit true
No i think its just now that Jamie07 has revealed this conspiracy. I have forwarded his post to AFL HQ and am confident action will be taken

yeah you've got us, it's a conspiracy - remind me again why the AFL and umpires association want to collude to give Geelong advantages?

go read any other game day thread and it's just an umpiring whingefest. well done on bringing the sook though!

I think it's more of a sledge to Chris Scott' coaching ability.....basically he ain't much chop and basically relies on Dangerwood playing a blinder ......after watching that game tonight I agree with him based on that performance.
Still, if it only takes 1 player to knock off the reigning premiers, well you should all be grateful that we give you teams with 22 players some hope of beating the dogs.Best of luck- you'll need it!

Great to the Geelong supporters playing it up as if it was fair. Shows the class or lack there of. I was sitting with a geelong mate last night who commented on how biased it was.

The simply reality is that umpires are influenced by the crowd in Geelong. It's a problem the AFL need to address. Too many game changing calls that change momentum at a location where it's hard to get momentum.

As for those knocking the dogs off the pedestal. They started slow last year, they'll be in the top 8, but Geelong won't won't the flag, that I can gaurantee. They're too reliant on Dangerfield. If he has a bad game, they suck. You can't rely on just one player.

And if I have to endure another game of Ling's commentating, I might just throw something at the tv. Seriously, he needs to go to the change room and give dangerfield and selwood a blowy to get it over with.

Cats fans silent during game..... then pile in 6 deep with their 'wisdom' hindsight after the match.
Some fans prefer to watch the game rather then post on bigfooty during it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back