AFL 2017 - R9 - GWS v Richmond - 16:35 AEST, Spotless Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

upload_2017-5-20_10-52-51.png

upload_2017-5-20_10-53-11.png

Preview

These two teams couldn't have been further apart after round eight, with Giants coming off a thrilling last-minute win over Collingwood, and the Tigers suffering a heartbreaking loss after the siren to the Dockers. It will be tough, but Richmond must find a way to move on quickly and get their heads right for a daunting trip to Spotless Stadium, and they'll give themselves a sniff given the Giants' injury toll continues to mount. GWS midfielder Josh Kelly is just about the form player of the competition at the moment, and with Dylan Shiel, Callan Ward, Tom Scully and Lachie Whitfield as support, the home side's midfield is imposing. Richmond captain Trent Cotchin and fellow star Dustin Martin will have plenty of responsibility, as will Toby Nankervis, who will enjoy his battle with another aggressive ruckman in Giant Shane Mumford.

Prediction: GWS by 33

Gaints need to show the are serious and win well at home.
Something going against GWS is the fact that they have quite a few injuries. You'd think that their full-strength side would smash us at home, but I don't think this team would smash us especially if Rory Lobb is out too.

Congratulations to the debutants Shai Bolton, Harry Perryman and Matt De Boer.

Perryman a country lad and from what I've seen expect him to be composed and take the step up in his stride.
:cool: He'll be playing down back under his mentor Heaters watchful eye, no pressure! Heater did promise to take it easy on him for his first game but I doubt it.

Matt De Boer hardly seems like a debutant but is welcomed back from the AFL cold. We expect he'll add a hard nosed aporoach and ferocious attack on the footy inside.

No disrespect intended to Shai Bolton but I honestly dont follow the VFL and will leave him to others?

I've watched a few Richmond games this year and the only non-competitive game was the Crows at AO, we had blvery similar issues there so I'm not writing them off on that.
I expect a competitive game and all that matters to me is the 4 points . The margin or how we get them is of little interest.
We had a limited list to pick from this week, but only 22 can play anyway. With Toby back and Lachie with a run under his belt we have a side that's clearly capable of winning.
We're still defining ourselves as a club and I dont ever want us to be a club that whines about injuries or makes excuses. Empathy and support for the players down and we move on.

If Richmond are to be any sort of a player in the finals they need to win this. GWS are the walking wounded and I think Richmond match up pretty well on them (Obciously excluding that game last year).
A close loss can be excused but gee if you get blown away by this GWS team you'd be a bit worried.

Tigers by 14 points

If Richmond are to be any sort of a player in the finals they need to win this. GWS are the walking wounded and I think Richmond match up pretty well on them (Obciously excluding that game last year).
A close loss can be excused but gee if you get blown away by this GWS team you'd be a bit worried.

Tigers by 14 points

My hashtag,Giants even though injured,still have a pile of elites and the opposition is Richmond so the Giants will run their little leggies orff today.

Will be happy if we win.

Can see a potential upset brewing here. Richmond have a good opportunity to respond after a couple of close losses against GWS side with many injuries including quite a few from their best 22. However, still expecting the Giants to be too good. Giants by 16 points.

Tigers by 14 points
We have shortened a little with the bookies overnight. Probably reflects an improved weather outlook. I dont take too much from bookies odds but it does suggest we're not outsiders. Our 22 out there is a good one. Tigers can win it for sure , we need Mummy on top early and I think that's likely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the tiges can win this, a win today and I'll forget what happened last week. Please not another close loss though.
We're not disappointed with last week, I mean 21 seconds in modern football is not easy to defend. Last year against Collingwood we lost with 4 second left, so that's a 17 second improvement.

We're not disappointed with last week, I mean 21 seconds in modern football is not easy to defend. Last year against Collingwood we lost with 4 second left, so that's a 17 second improvement.
Cant you raise 5 secs in our WC game?

No disrespect intended to Shai Bolton but I honestly dont follow the VFL and will leave him to others?
He's our first round pick from last year. A small Indigenous forward who is super quick (he's already been talked about as the quickest on the list) and likes jumping on people's heads. He's super young and weighs next to nothing. Also has a bit of a fiery temperament and got suspended after his first practice match.So, whatever else he may be, he's not vanilla.

He's our first round pick from last year. A small Indigenous forward who is super quick (he's already been talked about as the quickest on the list) and likes jumping on people's heads. He's super young and weighs next to nothing. Also has a bit of a fiery temperament and got suspended after his first practice match.So, whatever else he may be, he's not vanilla.
Look forward to seeing what he can do, play well in a losing side hopefully.

Richmond are a good chance to win this game. GWS have been struggling with their injury crisis. It looks like every game they get worse and worse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back