AFL 2017 - R9 - Melbourne v North Melbourne - 15:20 AEST, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 9.55.15 am.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 9.56.15 am.png

On form I'd go with Melbourne, but it's worth noting that Melbourne has also lost its last 15 matches against North - the longest streak in the league.

Last edited:

If we don't play 4 quarters today I'll question whether we ever will. Time to get real and roll this mob.
Huge mountain to climb.

North's talls with a bit to prove today and without Gawn and Hogan it's going to take a miracle to get the monkey off your back.

Possibly could overrun North late but maybe next time.

North by 26

Huge mountain to climb.

North's talls with a bit to prove today and without Gawn and Hogan it's going to take a miracle to get the monkey off your back.

North by 26
If Melbourne wins it out of the guts they win. That's where the game is won and lost for us right now.

You'll question Melbourne next week no matter what they do today.
No I won't. I'll say we are looking like a top 8 challenger if we win today like we should, by 6-7 goals, and win next week against the GC. Lose today and I'll be back to my standard critical self, win today and I'll be happy, BUT, they've got to win next week as well.

Mate, I am a realist, I've watched enough of Melbourne and spent enough money on memberships to know how they roll. I also know what's required to be a finalist. Yet to see Melbourne convince me of such since 2006.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huge mountain to climb.

North by 26
Sorry, but it won't take a miracle. We beat Adelaide by 41 points and didn't have those two. They also have the best talls in the competition.

Not sure where your logic stems from. You're underrating Pedersen.

Sorry, but it won't take a miracle. We beat Adelaide by 41 points and didn't have those two. They also have the best talls in the competition.

Not sure where your logic stems from. You're underrating Pedersen.
We've already paid Pedersen off with bunnings vouchers.

But let's be honest, he's a journeyman battler, relatively good player that can jack watts up a game at any moment. Waite, Wood, Brown, Goldstein should put the dees to the sword today after the dees emotional high of last week.

Just can't see how the dees are going to score enough in the first half to stay in it.

We've already paid Pedersen off with bunnings vouchers.

But let's be honest, he's a journeyman battler, relatively good player that can jack watts up a game at any moment. Waite, Wood, Brown, Goldstein should put the dees to the sword today after the dees emotional high of last week.

Just can't see how the dees are going to score enough in the first half to stay in it.
Midfield

If Melbourne wins it out of the guts they win. That's where the game is won and lost for us right now.
Should be a good midfield battle. Hopefully Goldstein doesn't just tap it straight down to one of your midfielders all day with Swallow tackling them. Could be an ugly and over umpired affair.

Would be good to see Swallow belt Lewis. Lewis should be looking over his shoulder today.

Huge mountain to climb.

North by 26
We beat the Crows in Adelaide without them last week. And this playing group has made a habit of tearing up hoodoos this past year

Huge mountain to climb.

North by 26

I'm confident that Frost and the McDonald brothers can handle Waite and Brown.

As we saw last week, you can win all the hitouts you want but you still need to beat our midfielders to the ball which is proving increasingly difficult this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back