AFL 2017 - R9 - Melbourne v North Melbourne - 15:20 AEST, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

And mate therein lies why Melbourne fails to be a decent club. You absolutely nailed it in that brief summation.

They'll play a half of footy at best each week, scraping wins off the floor against average sides, getting done by 4-6 goals by mid range sides, and getting flogged by good sides. Occasionally they'll put together a full game and look 5 million bucks.

You aren't alone there
I think a lot of sides are jekyl and hyde at times lol

What a weekend. Saints, Dees and Eagles all showing they're not much chop on top of the comeback of the season by the pies.

Gonna be a challenge for Dees and Saints to make finals now. Bombers could be a serious chance to make the 8 instead.

The Pies and Hawks are no chance though. Might as well start preparing for next year.

Always love your pessimism after a loss demondavey, will you bet your left nut on Melbourne losing against GC next week like I did against Adelaide? ;)
I tipped North today. So far haven't got one wrong. Had no faith whatsoever in Melbourne today. I'll not bet anything because I never do, but I am not sure who to tip yet. It's the kind of game we would potentially win.

For all the leg ups, cash injections and draft favours they have been handed, the Dees should be a whole lot better than they are.

Must really suck supporting them.

And people think it's tough following the Tigers. We ain't got nothing on this rabble of a club.
Ffs richmond havent even won a final in 16 years.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he was ok. Had his chances. Why was McDonald down back again? He won't punch the football? If you can't Duke it, ******* punch it.

Okay? He missed 3 absolute sodas! He was useless but feel free to play him again.

Oliver had one of his poorer games too. McDonald was a weird player down back as well.

Which McDonald and how do you define 'good'?
Tom is a good enough player. A few years back he was a contested marking machine, these days he is just rubbish. He won't punch the football when he contests, at all. He is actually better being used forward because he is so good a mark. Weidemann needs another spell, and we need to get another defender to help Frost. Hibberd is too small, good, but small.

FFS I was filthy today just watching BB clunk contested marks. Someone needed to tell McDonald to either get the * in front or punch the pill away.

Okay? He missed 3 absolute sodas! He was useless but feel free to play him again.

Oliver had one of his poorer games too. McDonald was a weird player down back as well.
I don't Mind a midfielder having 4-5 shots at goal, I don't rate him that highly, and he will probably get dropped next week. But * me, McDonald?????????? You're a senior player, start stepping up.

It was like that all game. I think Hamish talked about north giving up leads around 50 times this game. Absolute circle jerk for Melbourne.

Hamish big fan of the dees. I wish the commentary would just be barracking by those that are close to clubs rather than try to appear neutral. The obvious bias in the call is infuriating.

Well done Roos. What an even year!

Great round for punters - Not sure why Eagles, Saints, and Melbourne were favourites. Some teams just play well against certain teams, and some teams are flat track bullies!
I tipped against all 3. St Kilda had an off day, reckon they'll respond, WC are just non existent in Melbourne, and Melbourne are just pathetically overrated. If anyone ever rated them.

Tom is a good enough player. A few years back he was a contested marking machine, these days he is just rubbish. He won't punch the football when he contests, at all. He is actually better being used forward because he is so good a mark. Weidemann needs another spell, and we need to get another defender to help Frost. Hibberd is too small, good, but small.

FFS I was filthy today just watching BB clunk contested marks. Someone needed to tell McDonald to either get the **** in front or punch the pill away.
Brown has a very large wing span and reach, so it was hard for McDonald on the lead to reach. Wrestling with brown is best as brown is not a dominate stand and wrestle contested forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back