Preview AFl 2017 - Semi Final - Geelong v Sydney, Fri 15/9, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geelong will come out firing, bit of a tight tussle early

Sydney to run away with it easily

Hard to tip against the swans they play the 'finals' style of footy
Swans usually come out and kick 6 or 7 goals by quarter time to our zilch. Then it's been a pretty even contest after that. So I figure if we can miraculously hold them in the first quarter, we are a good chance. But it's a big if!

No real reason to think we will win but I'm sure we will play much better than last week and our last 3 appearances.
We are better with backs to the wall with no expectations and all but the issue is Sydney, they are good.

If we can get through this, there is no issues with the bye, we have had our wake up call, played in front of a ferocious crowd which would hold us in good stead for Adelaide.
Give Menegola more of a midfield role also.

The Swans have never won an away semi final since moving to Sydney. I think this will be their first semi final win away from home. Adelaide vs Sydney preliminary final here we come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans will have this won by quarter time, cats don't have the answers against them. Straight sets coming up for the most arrogant self entitled supporters in the comp. enjoy.

Even a win can't stop Richmond supporters being salty. Stop generalizing...it makes anything people say sound really stupid.

Swans should win this, I think. We generally do well against the cats, and our list is nearly at full fitness, while they have a couple struggling with injuries. Selwood should be better for another week, but they will lose Guthrie.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that Geelong vs Richmond looked like a really tough game - I was exhausted just watching it, while the Swans were cruising in the second half. Cats will be glad of the extra day to recover, I think.

Swans should win this, I think. We generally do well against the cats, and our list is nearly at full fitness, while they have a couple struggling with injuries. Selwood should be better for another week, but they will lose Guthrie.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that Geelong vs Richmond looked like a really tough game - I was exhausted just watching it, while the Swans were cruising in the second half. Cats will be glad of the extra day to recover, I think.
Just have an inkling Geelong will get up here.

Selwood should be better for another week,
isnt the 1st week back the easy part? and the 2nd game is more harder to back up?

its a hard one, if selwood cant influence the game then the cats cant win.
i know the dogs players last year, most of the returing injured players were avg throughtout the finals, ex mcrae vs hawks.

isnt the 1st week back the easy part? and the 2nd game is more harder to back up?

its a hard one, if selwood cant influence the game then the cats cant win.
i know the dogs players last year, most of the returing injured players were avg throughtout the finals, ex mcrae vs hawks.
I reckon the first one back sucks. I think he will be ok next week, but he will have to play 60% better than Friday night. I genuinely think if the Cats win this then they can roll Adelaide. I'll pick them for premier if they beat Sydney. Bang.

Swans by 30+

Geelong are absolutely cooked. Might show up for a quarter, but after that will be out of the game, might bring the margin back in the last quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back