Preview AFl 2017 - Semi Final - Geelong v Sydney, Fri 15/9, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Four predictions
1) Buddy to score 1.2 in first quarter.
2) Buddy to do serious damage to his leg (possibly a break) 5 minutes into second quarter
3) Swans to be in the lead at the end of the 1st quarter
4) Cats to win by 18.

No one giving the Cats a chance. I am getting on them. I think they're good enough to respond. Cats by 14.

Q1
Geelong 4.2.26
Sydney 3.3.21

Q2
Geelong 9.5.59
Sydney 10.6.66

Q3
Geelong 15.7.97
Sydney 14.7.91

Q4
Geelong 18.10. 118
Sydney 16.8.104

They would have to dominate like they have never dominated before to score 118 against our backline given they only scored 40 on the weekend.

Sure they are a chance but your scores are way out there :p

They would have to dominate like they have never dominated before to score 118 against our backline given they only scored 40 on the weekend.

Sure they are a chance but your scores are way out there :p
Ok, I'll revise

Q1
Geelong 2.1.13
Sydney 3.5.23

Q2
Geelong 5.5.35
Sydney 7.2.44

Q3
Geelong 10.6.66
Sydney 9.8.62

Q4
Geelong 12.8.80
Sydney 9.12.66

There you go, a more realistic 14 points

No one giving the Cats a chance. I am getting on them. I think they're good enough to respond. Cats by 14.

Q1
Geelong 4.2.26
Sydney 3.3.21

Q2
Geelong 9.5.59
Sydney 10.6.66

Q3
Geelong 15.7.97
Sydney 14.7.91

Q4
Geelong 18.10. 118
Sydney 16.8.104

Lol @ conceding 118 points.

What would be the point in dropping Menzel only to bring him in a week later.
Because they were wrong in dropping him last week?

Scott said it was for "team balance", but the rumour is he was on the gas with local footy mates, which sounds like a more plausible reason for being dropped because his form wasn't that bad and they aren't exactly flush with goal kicking forwards as the result on the weekend showed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has the lower ranked team ever been a favourite in a semi final? Let alone 1.37 favourites? It's a bit absurd.
West Coast vs Collingwood in 2012
Sydney vs WB in 2010
Adelaide vs Collingwood in 2009
Collingwood vs St Kilda in 2008
Hawthorn vs Kangaroos in 2007

None would have been as short as 1.37 though. Adelaide in 09 were probably the best backed.

Because they were wrong in dropping him last week?

Scott said it was for "team balance", but the rumour is he was on the gas with local footy mates, which sounds like a more plausible reason for being dropped because his form wasn't that bad and they aren't exactly flush with goal kicking forwards as the result on the weekend showed.
Team balance is bullshit. You don't drop a good medium sized forward after a 40 goal season. Something amiss there.

I am tipping Geelong. I think the Penny will drop and they'll realise that another lost opportunity beckons if they don't break the Swans hoodoo. If the Cats win next week I'll back them against Adelaide.

Your tipping with your angst again

Which Swan spanked your mum then cast her aside?

That's probably going a bit far bringing my mother into it but I'll cast your comment aside, I genuinely think the Cats will respond. It'll be a narrow win but full of A grade effort from their best players.

You genuinely thought Essendon would beat us

You genuinely thought Melbourne would make the 8

You genuinely have no clue about football

Hopefully the cats get up against then swans.

Then I hope they beat the crows.

I would love richmond to service the pussies twice.

It was so much fun last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back