Votes: 23 11.9%
  • Geelong 20 - 40pts

Votes: 17 8.8%
  • Geelong >40 pts

Votes: 10 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing with our list is that the top 5 or so (J.Selwood, Danger, Duncan, Gaz and Hawkins) are elite, but it's the players underneath them who go missing when the blow torch is applied - blokes like S.Selwood, Guthrie, Menegola, Menzel, Murdoch and Henderson. It's even more pronounced when some of our stars have shockers like they did tonight.

Why Narkle and Cunico weren't playing tonight I'd never know. Both guys are young and inexperienced, but at least they have a crack.
Narkles absence a mystery (injured?). Fast collected x factor. Hes made for these games imo.

Was really suprised how inafective those guys were tonight. Even the commentators I thought were being kind to Ablett when they said he’s had a really good second half. Looked really slow

He looked slow when he tied to burn defenders, but when we needed precise delivery in the third term when we were actually starting to get some ascendency he was one of the few players who looked steady with the ball.

His biggest problem is that he tries to play like he’s 25. He’s still among the best 1 or 2 per cent of ball users in the comp. if he tried to play that way rather than trying to run his opponents off, it would make a huge difference.

70% of the crowd were Melbourne fans.....gee they have a very big latent support!!! MCC was full but considering Melbourne have 19,000 mcc members most out of any club it was always going to be the case that the mcc members was sold out!! Expect a very pro Melbourne crowd next week v the hawks

90k. I suspect maybe 15k Geelong supporters. Was a very poor turnout by them. I was AFL members right in the pocket near the Geelong cheersquad. I'd say it was 60k Melbourne, 15k Geelong and the rest neutrals (quite a few neutrals sitting around me, including a North supporting next to me who felt obliged to critique every single umpiring decision, and then passive aggressively respond to my barracking).

AFL.com.au had Dangerfield best. For Melbourne right? Most overrated AFL player ever. Barely passable at AFL level yet is treated as a god.

Honestly why do you bother? This s**t gets old mate. Is he flawless? Clearly no. Is anyone? Also no. Does he have some issues in his game? Undeniably. Does this one performance undo the literally hundreds of others where he has been exceptional?

Well obviously, it does. Same as Ablett Sr’s 95 grand final ensures that he will be forever regarded as a fraud.

90k. I suspect maybe 15k Geelong supporters. Was a very poor turnout by them. I was AFL members right in the pocket near the Geelong cheersquad. I'd say it was 60k Melbourne, 15k Geelong and the rest neutrals (quite a few neutrals sitting around me, including a North supporting next to me who felt obliged to critique every single umpiring decision, and then passive aggressively respond to my barracking).

Their were more then 15 k cats fans. If we are more conservative it would of been 20-30,000 cats fans. Let’s say 25,000. 50-60,000 Melbourne fans. Let say 55,000 and 11,000 neutrals. Still great turnout by Melbourne fans. Anything over 50,000 for any vic club is fantastic. North, bulldogs and saints could not get 50,000 I think. North max would be 30,000! Bulldogs and saints 40,000-45,000

Honestly why do you bother? This s**t gets old mate. Is he flawless? Clearly no. Is anyone? Also no. Does he have some issues in his game? Undeniably. Does this one performance undo the literally hundreds of others where he has been exceptional?

Well obviously, it does. Same as Ablett Sr’s 95 grand final ensures that he will be forever regarded as a fraud.
The only times he has played exceptional is when he goes forward. He is below AFL average at kicking. In a game where kicking is king, how can you be considered a star of the game? If his name was Rhys Palmer he would have been run out of town by now, both kick about the same.

The only times he has played exceptional is when he goes forward. He is below AFL average at kicking. In a game where kicking is king, how can you be considered a star of the game? If his name was Rhys Palmer he would have been run out of town by now, both kick about the same.

By the way, for what it’s worth of you were to line up Fyfe, to give you a home grown example, and Dangerfield, their numbers are very similar. Their disposal efficiency is marginally slanted towards Fyfe (70 to 68 per cent), yet Fyfe has a full Clanger per game more. An he be considered a star?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dangerfield has won a Brownlow and been runner up in another. You brought kicking quality into the discussion not me. Franklins kicking is often putrid yet he’s a champion.
Exactly, an award adjudged by 3 blind mice. Man you are really helping me out today.

You: if you kick like s**t you can’t be a star
Me: statistics prove this player kicks pretty shithouse yet he is a star
You: thanks for proving me right.

‘Logic by Bradesmaen, ladies and gentlemen.’
What statistics? Where did you provide a statistic? lol. Blind rage at anyone who criticises Geelong. Maybe accept your players are not as good as you think and you'd be able to move out of the 5 stages of grief.

What statistics? Where did you provide a statistic? lol. Blind rage at anyone who criticises Geelong. Maybe accept your players are not as good as you think and you'd be able to move out of the 5 stages of grief.

What blind rage? We were ******* terrible tonight and often terrible throughout the year. Criticise us all you want. It doesn’t somehow mean that a player like Dangerfield is suddenly ordinary because he isn’t Scott Pendlebury by foot.

I gave you a stat. A quarter of franklin’s disposals every single match are clangers. His conversion rate in front of goal is roughly 60 per cent.

No you didn't. lol.

This is what you posted

Lance Franklin.

End discussion.

Dangerfield has won a Brownlow and been runner up in another. You brought kicking quality into the discussion not me. Franklins kicking is often putrid yet he’s a champion.

Not a stat in sight. He's paid to kick goals though of which he is in the top 5 every year I believe for ages. Clearly not s**t. Yes he could kick more, but he does better than most of them already. Come on, it's not even close. Your arguments are juvenile.

No you didn't. lol.

This is what you posted

Not a stat in sight. He's paid to kick goals though of which he is in the top 5 every year I believe for ages. Clearly not s**t. Yes he could kick more, but he does better than most of them already. Come on, it's not even close. Your arguments are juvenile.

I gave you a stat about your own Brownlow medallist *******

No you didn't. lol.

This is what you posted

Likewise Dangerfield could kick better but gets enough of it that he still creates plenty of scores. Or did that idea escape your attention Louis Pasteur?

I gave you a stat about your own Brownlow medallist *******
I gave you a stat. A quarter of franklin’s disposals every single match are clangers. His conversion rate in front of goal is roughly 60 per cent.
Yep. Blind rage. Lay off the sauce, drink some water and go to bed.

Back