Preview AFL 2018 - 1st Elimination Final - Melbourne v Geelong, Friday, 7.50pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fully expect Melbourne to win this game but they're setting themselves up for embarrassment if Geelong teach them a finals lesson.

Listening to Nathan Jones on AFL 360 and more... just getting this really weird vibe out of them about where they think they're at. Like they've finally made it.

PS, no, I'm not Chris Judd.

I fully expect Melbourne to win this game but they're setting themselves up for embarrassment if Geelong teach them a finals lesson.

Listening to Nathan Jones on AFL 360 and more... just getting this really weird vibe out of them about where they think they're at. Like they've finally made it.

PS, no, I'm not Chris Judd.

Depends how the game goes tbh. If we come out flat you could certainly make that argument but if we lose another close one it’d be a bit disrespectful to Geelong to suggest we got big heads and lost due to that.

Thank god Geelong showed up against heavyweights Fremantle and Gold Coast
I remember what happened last time we belted a team by 96 points or more going into the finals....:cool:

Go Catters

Really looking forward to this game.

The pre finals bye almost makes form somewhat irrelevant, what it gives both teams is confidence .

Geelong have the top tier talent and experience , Dees have the across ground even talent .

A lot comes down to how Melbourne settle into the game
Think it will close either way

Green
Williams
Shaw
Griffen
Deledio
Corr
Deboer
Taylor
Simpson

-scully
-patton

Chuck a handful of those in they beat demons
Great reading skills. Most of those are depth players. Again we had more QUALITY missing. There is a reason why we go into this game as slight favorites. We have beaten better opposition in last 2 weeks.

You rate Freo and GC more than WCE and GWS?
Geelong had 8 goals kicked on them in 8 quarters
While kicking monster scores
Freo nearly beat the pies and suns nearly beat the lions either side of those matches.
Don’t underestimate the form geelong are in.
Demons are playing well but Geelong should be favs and I have put my money where my mouth is

You rate Freo and GC more than WCE and GWS?
Nah, when any other club beats up on the cellar dwellers they’re in unstoppable form, when we do the same we get the snide comments about not beating anyone serious, as if we should be routinely winning by 100+. It’s typical BF myopia. Hopefully his team are infected with the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great reading skills. Most of those are depth players. Again we had more QUALITY missing. There is a reason why we go into this game as slight favorites. We have beaten better opposition in last 2 weeks.

Not counting Patton and Scully because they're out for the season like Lever and Hogan, I would be comfortable in saying that at least Green, Williams, Griffen, Shaw, Deledio and Simpson are all best 22 when fit (along with Patton and Scully).

Not counting Patton and Scully because they're out for the season like Lever and Hogan, I would be comfortable in saying that at least Green, Williams, Griffen, Shaw, Deledio and Simpson are all best 22 when fit (along with Patton and Scully).
Maybe not Simpson, but that's nitpicking. I'd rate Oatton and Scully a fair bit over Hogan and Lever in terms if value to the side. Overall the talent pool between us and the Demons lists is very close though, in my view.

How could we have been?
The last two weeks prove you've earnt your spot - which is good because those two games earns you your spot. At absolute worst I could say 7 different sides. beat you this year, so 7 sides are better than you. Even then, I think I'd struggle to truly convince anyone St Kilda is better than you, and the Geelong games could both have very easily gone the other way.
Then when you delve into that way of looking at it more deeply, we lost to 4 different teams, so we must be only the 5th best team in the league.

I'd rather just look at the ladder and say Melbourne have been the 5th best performed team this season so far.

I agree with you 100%

I was embarrassed when I saw the GWS team we were playing. I really wanted us to do the honorable thing and forfeit the game since beating them with their players out isn't really a win anyway. When we lost two players in the first quarter and a half it made me feel slightly less embarrassed.

I hope you felt just as embarrassed when you beat a Gold Coast team missing Lynch, Day, Hall, Wright, Rosa, Martin, Lonergan, Brodie, Hanley, Kolodjashnij, Nicholls and Thompson or when you beat Freo missing Sandilands, Hamling, Bennell, Hill, Brayshaw, Ryan, Sutcliffe, Apeness, Logue & Blakely.

Maybe not Simpson, but that's nitpicking. I'd rate Oatton and Scully a fair bit over Hogan and Lever in terms if value to the side. Overall the talent pool between us and the Demons lists is very close though, in my view.
Yeah who needs your number 1 key forward.

The last two weeks prove you've earnt your spot - which is good because those two games earns you your spot. At absolute worst I could say 7 different sides. beat you this year, so 7 sides are better than you. Even then, I think I'd struggle to truly convince anyone St Kilda is better than you, and the Geelong games could both have very easily gone the other way.
Then when you delve into that way of looking at it more deeply, we lost to 4 different teams, so we must be only the 5th best team in the league.

I'd rather just look at the ladder and say Melbourne have been the 5th best performed team this season so far.
Just look at the ladder ;)

Mate shut up and stop embarrassing yourself.

We are playing fine but we played fine at home against two sides already on holidays.
Melbourne played two finals sides fighting for ranking in the top 8, whoever the f*** they did or didn't have available.

We also beat demons at home and away with out key personal.
We also beat more final 8 sides then everyone else in the 8
When they were at full strength.
Demons didn’t until week 22 of the season.
I’ll back my judgement in as I think I know a little
More about footy then whoever you are.
Seeya back here Saturday morning for an apology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back