Votes: 49 15.0%
  • Collingwood 20>40

Votes: 72 22.0%
  • Collingwood by 41+

Votes: 72 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah true. I had the same thoughts in 08. If we played hawks 10 times we would win 9. We then beat them the next 11 times.
There is no certainty in footy, the Pies proved that last night. The pain of 2008 still lingers with me as i still believe it was our best team, but we have no flag to really prove it. The Tigers will have to deal with a fair amount of grief and some soul searching. the old saying is never play unfit players in finals, of course every team does just that, but it was obvious Martin was not anywhere near right and if Astbury was in hospital the night before then the Tigers judgement has been clouded. They will learn the lesson, they are a good team and this was their first big set back since the resurgence.
The ego's have landed with a huge thud and with that knowledge realization the real hard work has just begun!. The Cats came back in 2009 and again in 2011. I would be extremely surprised if Richmond were a one flag wonder. They will start flag favourites in 2019 irrespective of who wins next week.

Last edited:
Your words sound so salty. Saltier than fries prepared by an over-zealous junior kitchen hand working the fryers at Mickey D's.
The only thing salty is you trying to extract salt from nothing. I'm not at all. Just read my post again. Maybe you'll get it next time around.

You were ridiculed because your supporter base were foolish. If you backed up in 2018 then some case could be made. However even then, you can’t just erase 37 years. Your people need to learn humility.

KOLOKOTRONIS

Thanks for proving my point kole. You can’t ridicule a supporter base about their side after they’ve won a flag and expect them to sit there saying Thankyou s**t on me some more. Of course they will bite back.

Piss off mate, apart from Geelong supporters, all neutrals have nothing but the highest respect for the hawks
ROFL what world do you live in?

> 98 Adelaide got s**t because they lost the first week by 8 goals and yet still could go onto win the flag.

> 04 Port got given s**t for supposedly beating Brisbane when they were going down.

> West Coast 06 got s**t for beating Sydney while being on the gear/coke.

> 07 Geelong got s**t because apparently they beat a weak Port team

> Geelong 09 got given heaps of s**t because they only beat St Kilda because they were inaccurate and got helped by the goal umpiring.

> 15 Hawthorn got same s**t that Richmond did when they beat West Coast because they beat them on their home turf in the final despite them being the inferior team and also getting beaten by them in Perth three games earlier.

> 17 Richmond got s**t as they got home ground advantage like Hawthorn 15 when arguably they didn't deserve it.

A little over 94,000 people there. Feels weird to say this but did anyone expect a bigger turn out then that? We've already had 3 or 4 games with a tick over 90,000, but with 2 of the biggest clubs in the comp in a prelim final I was expecting something closer to 98K.

MCC was expecting 97k so yeah, definitely a disappointment. There was a breakdown on the Collingwood board earlier this week that approximately 20k seats went to corporates, which I imagine is higher than in years gone past. Add in that the MCC was apparently 2.5k under capacity (this is what’s listed in the MCC thread going around at least) and that accounts for the relatively poor turnout given the high demand for tickets.

Thanks for proving my point kole. You can’t ridicule a supporter base about their side after they’ve won a flag and expect them to sit there saying Thankyou s**t on me some more. Of course they will bite back.

You were ridiculed this year, not following your victory. We celebrated 2017 as a state together.

Then you thought it was Richmond circa 1967-1982 without having the runs on the board. Big mistake.

It was as if 37 years of zero didn’t happen.

KOLOKOTRONIS

People’s views of your FC/performance was completely separate to how people viewed your supporters and their behaviours. I very rarely recall seeing ANYONE disrespecting or writing off Richmond as a side and everyone, even until now, acknowledge you’re one of the better, if not the best side, of the last 18 months.

You don’t agree with me that you had close to all of Victoria behind you last September wanting you to win/talking about the fairytale?

Fair point for the most part but

The vast majority of Geelong
Melbourne and North supporters most certainly did not want to see us win it last year and have maintained the rage ever since.

I do concede you have a point that as the season went on this year more and more of our supporters became unbearable but I still believe this is bc the sniping just kept escalating. For example You had clowns suggesting the best side of the year didn’t really have one single player that was a sure thing for AA. Of course comments like that will gets bites from Richmond supporters. Hey

Anyhow I don’t want to rain on your parade, like I said earlier well done and good luck next week, genuinely hope you win.

ROFL what world do you live in?

> 98 Adelaide got s**t because they lost the first week by 8 goals and yet still could go onto win the flag.

> 04 Port got given s**t for supposedly beating Brisbane when they were going down.

> West Coast 06 got s**t for beating Sydney while being on the gear/coke.

> 07 Geelong got s**t because apparently they beat a weak Port team

> Geelong 09 got given heaps of s**t because they only beat St Kilda because they were inaccurate and got helped by the goal umpiring.

> 15 Hawthorn got same s**t that Richmond did when they beat West Coast because they beat them on their home turf in the final despite them being the inferior team and also getting beaten by them in Perth three games earlier.

> 17 Richmond got s**t as they got home ground advantage like Hawthorn 15 when arguably they didn't deserve it.

And yet I don’t recall any of those sides ever being called the worst premiership side ever, only winning bc the comp is the weakest it’s ever been

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And yet I don’t recall any of those sides ever being called the worst premiership side ever, only winning bc the comp is the weakest it’s ever been
Actually a lot of people gave Geelong s**t after winning in 07 telling them that they won in a weak year eetc.

Seriously, who cares if you are called that?

Sounds like you just used it as an excuse.
I am not using the flu as an excuse regarding the actual loss because we'd probably lose either way with Collingwood playing like that, but every time there are rumours about us having gastro or another illness like that we get smashed. I even mentioned this before the game was played out. Many of those times the manner of the loss is so sudden and bizarre.

- Adelaide in 2015 at AO. We just beat the raging Hawthorn that smashed Fremantle, Sydney and Carlton (by a record margin) and report was circling around of gastro. Deledio missed the game and there was some reports of others down too. If I have ever seen a 36 point loss that I might have mistaken for a 100-point loss, it was that one.

- St Kilda in 2017 at Etihad. Rumours swirling around of us having gastro heading into the game. Unexpectly were down 92-10 at half time. 92-10! That's crazy to be honest.

- Adelaide in Round 2, 2018. Thumped again and could not keep up. We seemed lethargic, but this is probably the thumping that would still stand since the GF wounds would still be rough.

- Collingwood in the PF yesterday is also be one. All week leading into the game there are reports of Richmond having the flu and gastro going through the club. We find them 64-11 down.

These rumours are unsubstantiated so the flu could have happened or may not have, but it is just that these rumours are followed by bad losses.

I don't know. I still think that we would have lost yesterday even without being struck down with the flu because our structure and gameplan was nullified by Collingwood. The margin and manner however may have been closer if the flu actually ended up playing a factor yesterday.

De Goey was on Rance with his very first goal (the opening goal of the match). Rance may have been peeling off to try stop Cox but he wasn't on him

My mistake he kicked two on rance early in the 2nd quarter.

bit of an indictment on our game that someone can dominate like he did at the top level in a huge final after first touching a ball 4 years ago, just need to be tall... very tall.
No it's not

It means our game can be played by anyone..if you have the ability the heart the desire.....and the courage

Well played Pies. No shame being beaten by a better team on the night. Outplayed and out coached. That's the way the game goes. We'll all need to improve again next year.
Good luck to the rest of the finalists and hopefully no injuries to any team.
You are a class act.

I too wish that the Dees & Eagles have a great game and no injuries please.

I am not using the flu as an excuse regarding the actual loss because we'd probably lose either way with Collingwood playing like that, but every time there are rumours about us having gastro or another illness like that we get smashed. I even mentioned this before the game was played out. Many of those times the manner of the loss is so sudden and bizarre.

- Adelaide in 2015 at AO. We just beat the raging Hawthorn that smashed Fremantle, Sydney and Carlton (by a record margin) and report was circling around of gastro. Deledio missed the game and there was some reports of others down too. If I have ever seen a 36 point loss that I might have mistaken for a 100-point loss, it was that one.

- St Kilda in 2017 at Etihad. Rumours swirling around of us having gastro heading into the game. Unexpectly were down 92-10 at half time. 92-10! That's crazy to be honest.

- Adelaide in Round 2, 2018. Thumped again and could not keep up. We seemed lethargic, but this is probably the thumping that would still stand since the GF wounds would still be rough.

- Collingwood in the PF yesterday is also be one. All week leading into the game there are reports of Richmond having the flu and gastro going through the club. We find them 64-11 down.

These rumours are unsubstantiated so the flu could have happened or may not have, but it is just that these rumours are followed by bad losses.

I don't know. I still think that we would have lost yesterday even without being struck down with the flu because our structure and gameplan was nullified by Collingwood. The margin and manner however may have been closer if the flu actually ended up playing a factor yesterday.
Yeah it was the Flu mate ..keep repeating that to yourself and anyone you come across ..it will make you feel a lot better going forward

Back