Who wins?

• West Coast

Votes: 86 65.6%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 45 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you even watch the game? It was tight until the 5 mins and then Jetta got a flukey goal and we lost heart, simple as that. Are you gonna ignore that we had Adams, our best player on the day, out when we 'shutdown'? There's no coincidence there.
It was a great game of footy both sides played their guts out, however i love all the pies fans on this board saying they were going to destroy the eagles midfield.

It was a great game of footy both sides played their guts out, however i love all the pies fans on this board saying they were going to destroy the eagles midfield.
Really? I don't remember seeing that on the board. Most of it was complaining about our selection of Goldy and how our defence was going to get torn apart. I thought it was an equal game in terms of some areas are better on WC and some areas we are better and the Stats reflect that hypothesis.

Really? I don't remember seeing that on the board. Most of it was complaining about our selection of Goldy and how our defence was going to get torn apart. I thought it was an equal game in terms of some areas are better on WC and some areas we are better and the Stats reflect that hypothesis.
Mate it was a beauty of game, that is a proper finals footy game. Goldsack was first class man first class, the Collingwood defence was also first. Hope to see you in a GF

I did not suggest their entire differential is down to the crowd. You are extrapolating comments to suit your own agenda. Comprehension is lacking.
Extrapolating comments! Haha this is clumsily worded for such a higher ordered thinker. But ok. And yes you did say that. You said exactly that.

Game over, umps dragged the Eagles across the line as usual
Please tell me how Collingwood received 3 goals from free kicks, same number of free kicks. And the umps were all Victorian. We also had our best defender ping his hammy in the first quarter. If the pies could not beat us with 21 players then what does that say?

I actually feel a bit sour in this one.. think some very iffy umpiring decisions constantly caused momentum to shift back to WCE. May be bias but I see a lot of neutrals agreeing.
ANd the fact your team couldnt beat an eagles team with one less player for the entire game? or the fact you dint capitalise in the 3rd quarter when you had your chances? Please. All the umpires were Victorian as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think what he is getting at is because the lower classes don't possess the higher quality education and therefore the higher intellect to be partial about decisions in a game. Which to an extent is true, you see it at local footy, that bloke who's most likely drunk yelling at a borderline holding the man, yet when the other team gets their head ripped off they will just say "soft". Anyway that's what I've seen anecdotally it might be different for you. It's all about them getting free kicks for their team, you'd never see them calling for a free kick for the other team.

Last night was dodgy in terms of frees but that is in no way an excuse for how we played. We lost heart and that's all it takes to lose a game.
Nah, the guy was on the Game Day forum on Thursday night (which is cool) but after the game he cracked it and told us Richmond supporters they we were being "gifted back to back flags" and after that happens we Richmond supporters can all disappear into "obscurity for the next 30 years." The guy is playing both sides of his argument and clearly not very well.

Why do you hate Richmond? If they're good enough, they'll win. Same for Hawthorn over a long period. Do you think the Hawks shouldn't have won? Should teams be excluded from the finals if they win a flag the year before?
Sober up, man
WTF are you going on about? I simply would like to see someone else win it this year, like the majority of other fans. It’s not some big conspiracy

Extrapolating comments! Haha this is clumsily worded for such a higher ordered thinker. But ok. And yes you did say that. You said exactly that.

"Higher ordered thinker" is not a thing.

And no I didn't.

You're common, never been anything surer than that.

To neutral supporters, which annoyed you most about last night's game
A) The West Coast crowd booing everything
Or
B) The Ch 7 commentators cheerleading everything Collingwood.

Don't capitulate now, stick with what we're arguing about.

You said the umpires were at fault at WCE games. That's been my whole point.

My whole point is that they are at fault for any poor decision.

But every team gets poor decisions.

And not every team can have exactly the same free kick counts. Some teams dont play to the rules as well as others.

Listening to tiger fans they think every free kick against is a conspiracy against them instead of actually listening to your coach who admits your game style is more likely to give away frees.

There has never been a free kick paid by anyone else other than an umpire, but using that incredibly obvious observation as a basis to forget they umpire other games too is just absurd and another example of how people fall through the cracks of the education system. You're a couple of standard deviations below.

As a neutral fan...

Cracking game of footy.

Thought the umpiring wasn’t bad at all.... didn’t notice them at all tonight... so that generally means that they haven’t had much of an effect at all..
I agree with this. There were some poor decisions, but this happened for both teams.

My whole point is that they are at fault for any poor decision.

But every team gets poor decisions.

And not every team can have exactly the same free kick counts. Some teams dont play to the rules as well as others.

Listening to tiger fans they think every free kick against is a conspiracy against them instead of actually listening to your coach who admits your game style is more likely to give away frees.

There has never been a free kick paid by anyone else other than an umpire, but using that incredibly obvious observation as a basis to forget they umpire other games too is just absurd and another example of how people fall through the cracks of the education system. You're a couple of standard deviations below.
You do realise we are talking about a non Richmond game and have always been talking about a non Richmond game??? You're wandering off topic into tangential irrelevancy again. Come back.

Also, why does social "class", "hierarchy" and the education system have any place in this?

You're very low brow for being so high ordered. Must be all the pies you smoke?

Back