Preview AFL 2018 - 2nd Qualifying Final - West Coast v Collingwood, Saturday, 6.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Last years premiers are always 'the hunted'. After the 35 years of crap the Tigers suffered through, a bit of success from them shouldn't worry anyone. Anyway, they haven't won it yet!

At least Carlton are still 18th, so all is good in the universe. :)
Yep there is nothing better than Carlton those smug bastards being in 18th spot where the belong

Flew over there in 09 for a game at Subi and can’t speak for the entire crowd obviously (although they did seem to boo absolutely everything and anything) but locals in and around the bay I was sitting in were the most insufferable bunch of morons imaginable. For a group of absolute fanatics they seemed to have alarmingly little knowledge of the sport they were so invested in.
Just as you’ll get in every single supporter group in every single sports team in the world.

We're the only team capable of beating Richmond in a final.

I’d rather face you than Melbourne, and I can’t split you / GWS / Collingwood at the G. Flag is is wide open IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Err I have been to pies games at the mcg and it’s the same

There’s morons in both camps

Yes we are passionate and will scream for free kicks ....that’s the 19th man advantage

Enjoy the game .....we might be passionate and loud but after game we don’t punch on like Richmond ferrels or dockers. We will have a beer in the pub ......

It’s unique coming here , you’re going to be out numbered severely

Good one. Debate a gross generalisation about cluelessness by following up with ... a clueless gross generalisation.

Eagles fans in Melbourne, is there a particular venue where a lot of Eagles supporters congregate? Just don't wanna be surrounded by black and white if we don't play well haha.

I’d rather face you than Melbourne, and I can’t split you / GWS / Collingwood at the G. Flag is is wide open IMHO.

Richmond and Melbourne play a similar style and Richmond are just better at it. West Coast's game plan has already proven to cut Richmond up this season (which no one seems to talk about, albeit at Optus) and did the same to Collingwood at the G.

no it's not.

It's Richmond's to lose.

Were definitely favorites, but I don’t think the gap between all these teams best and ours is that great. Both Melbourne and Collingwood pushed us, GWS could be anything and you guys have played some great footy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were definitely favorites, but I don’t think the gap between all these teams best and ours is that great. Both Melbourne and Collingwood pushed us, GWS could be anything and you guys have played some great footy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we aren't good enough at the moment.

Melbourne and possibly west coast...but no gaff or nic nat hurts them.

Good one. Debate a gross generalisation about cluelessness by following up with ... a clueless gross generalisation.

Theres morons and idiots in evert supporter camp
One of yours attacked someone the other night....

Society has thugs and idiots and i reckon they would be evenly spread amongst all clubs....

Is that clear enough for you

Goodluck to the Collingwood supporters flying over you will soon be introduced to the most clueless supporters in the comp , constant whinging for the entire game . I hope the umps give you a chance to win aswell.
Seeing where got Nichols
You know that answer

The fix is in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond and Melbourne play a similar style and Richmond are just better at it. West Coast's game plan has already proven to cut Richmond up this season (which no one seems to talk about, albeit at Optus) and did the same to Collingwood at the G.

Re our meeting earlier in the year - rightly or wrongly I don't put too much by it. For a start it was way, way back in round 9. For comparison Geelong and Adelaide smashed us in the season last year and look how that turned out. Secondly if we both do make it to the GF this time around it will be on our home deck, with no Nick Nat or Gaff.

I'd say Melbourne are a bit more attacking and free-flowing than us this year. If they had kicked straight against the Cats it would have been over at half time - they absolutely destroyed them. I still have no idea about the Pies, but both them and Melb are tenants of the 'G and would have huge crowd support. As I said to Angus Young both of these teams really pushed us when we last met, with us running away with it in the final quarter. As above, I don't think you can count on those wins as a guide in finals, especially when we met Melbourne way back in round 5. GWS could be anything if they get something approaching their best team on the park.

None of this is to say I think the Eagles will be a pushover, just that that's why I rate Melbourne as more dangerous, and the other teams as equally dangerous.

we aren't good enough at the moment.

Melbourne and possibly west coast...but no gaff or nic nat hurts them.
Yep.

Theres morons and idiots in evert supporter camp
One of yours attacked someone the other night....

Society has thugs and idiots and i reckon they would be evenly spread amongst all clubs....

Is that clear enough for you
You don't do irony then hey?

Ugh that was infuriating to watch. Eagles mid-field dominated all day and had us bombing it blindly into our forward 50. Easy work that day for Gov and Hurn.
We tackled well and pressure acts..

Hutchy would be unknown to you guys but right now hes the best tagger in the game...keep steel to 18...and no goals.

Finals are about ptessure..i reckon youll get your chances ....so will we...

I think our fwd line can run amok.

Your ball use and speed will trouble us..

Should be a ripper

Boy I’m pumped

Both sets of supporters are fairly confident from what I’ve seen, so hopefully it delivers and the neutrals get to watch their first ripper final.
I think the fact youre ins..goldy..trelor...howe

Our loss to dees....at home..

Kinda evens it up

Flew over there in 09 for a game at Subi and can’t speak for the entire crowd obviously (although they did seem to boo absolutely everything and anything) but locals in and around the bay I was sitting in were the most insufferable bunch of morons imaginable. For a group of absolute fanatics they seemed to have alarmingly little knowledge of the sport they were so invested in.

Geez, did you ever go to a game at Vic Park, or Moorabbin, or Windy hill, FFS? :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back