Autopsy AFL 2018 - Grand Final - West Coast v Collingwood

Is Rod ...

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I was there too and everything you said is 100% correct. Both teams and supporters on the day at the ground all class. Well deserved premiers are the eagle fans and club. If only Hawks and Tigers fans take note, and learn both humility in victory and defeat.
Someone should start a petition to exclude Tiges and Hawks from main board threads!!

Younger footy fans don’t realise it now...but that McGovern mark and play on ...the Ryan mark and play on...and Sheed set shot ...will go on to be one of the most incredible moments in GF history.

Once the dust settles after a few season s go by, the match will go down as more about Collingwood losing yet another GF and the heartbreak suffered more than being remembered as an Eagles flag.

Memories to last for all eternity by WC fans though...it just doesn’t get any better winning a flag like that.

Younger footy fans don’t realise it now...but that McGovern mark and play on ...the Ryan mark and play on...and Sheed set shot ...will go on to be one of the most incredible moments in GF history.

Once the dust settles after a few season s go by, the match will go down as more about Collingwood losing yet another GF and the heartbreak suffered more than being remembered as an Eagles flag.

Memories to last for all eternity by WC fans though...it just doesn’t get any better winning a flag like that.
I watched the last quarter again the other day; that play (and you forgot the Vardy mark ;))is amazing and still got the blood pumping.

The thing is you’re doing exactly what many Richmond fans in here are attempting to do, focussing on the negatives in lieu of the positives. Trying to turn the narrative into a Pies ‘choke’ does a disservice to West Coast who were extremely good and absolutely deserved premiers. Outplayed us for the majority of the match IMO.

Perhaps give them a bit more credit instead of trying to rile up a supporter base who couldn’t care less about your opinion.

I've said it before but i'll say it again.

Was at the game and both supporter groups were nothing but class from where I was sitting.

There was passion, my god there was passion, the G was as loud as I've heard it. But there was no nastiness whatsoever...

Eagles fans good winners and Pies fans good losers.

What a game.

The thing is you’re doing exactly what many Richmond fans in here are attempting to do, focussing on the negatives in lieu of the positives. Trying to turn the narrative into a Pies ‘choke’ does a disservice to West Coast who were extremely good and absolutely deserved premiers. Outplayed us for the majority of the match IMO.

Perhaps give them a bit more credit instead of trying to rile up a supporter base who couldn’t care less about your opinion.

My opinion about the match is just as valid as yours sunshine.

What gives you the right to judge how I see it?

And of course you’re going to give credit to WC playing a good game.

What choice have you got? I understand..I really do.

I’d be doing the same to avoid the bitter pain of defeat that will haunt you for many years to come.

But that’s footy.

I watched the last quarter again the other day; that play (and you forgot the Vardy mark ;))is amazing and still got the blood pumping.

Yeah..Vardy simple chest mark was good as a simple chest mark can get. Good long kick it was too.

I think it was Mayne who didn’t get to him and make a contest.

No wonder he was bawling his eyes out after the siren.

My opinion about the match is just as valid as yours sunshine.

What gives you the right to judge how I see it?

I'm not 'judging' how you see it, I just have a counter opinion to how you extrapolate the game will be seen in the future, and I think you're selling the premiers short whilst taking glee in trying to fan the flames. It's a little sadistic.

And of course you’re going to give credit to WC playing a good game.

What choice have you got? I understand..I really do.

Well, if I wanted to I could start a petition to have the result overturned...

I’d be doing the same to avoid the bitter pain of defeat that will haunt you for many years to come.

But that’s footy.

Complementing West Coast as playing a good game and being deserved premiers doesn't really 'avoid the bitter pain of defeat that will haunt me for years to come' - it's more just a simple acknowledgment.

But I suspect you've given yourself away by the above language. You're looking for a rise and not much else my friend.

I've said it before but i'll say it again.

Was at the game and both supporter groups were nothing but class from where I was sitting.

There was passion, my god there was passion, the G was as loud as I've heard it. But there was no nastiness whatsoever...

Eagles fans good winners and Pies fans good losers.

What a game.

This x 10

Comfortably the best natured game I’ve been at

I actually think both sets of supporters were in shock at what we were watching

Been a lot of comraderie/respect between the clubs both on the day and subsequently

It’s external to the two clubs with the potshots

I think it was Mayne who didn’t get to him and make a contest.

No wonder he was bawling his eyes out after the siren.

Bollocks - the kick to Vardy was elite - split 4 Collingwood players and dragged them to the ball allowing an outnumber on the wing (which vardy ignores) and another in the pocket

This x 10

Comfortably the best natured game I’ve been at

I actually think both sets of supporters were in shock at what we were watching

Been a lot of comraderie/respect between the clubs both on the day and subsequently

It’s external to the two clubs with the potshots
Yep I've got nothing but respect for the Eagles as an organisation and as a supporter base since being at the game.

It's strange. You think getting beaten by them, in a Grand Final no less, would turn me into a hater, but it's done the opposite.

Was an insane spectacle to be a part of and whilst it hurts to lose, i'd prefer to be a kick away from a Grannie than languishing in obscurity somewhere. Good game good season, had everything except a premiership from our perspective, and congrats to the Eagles it was well deserved.

Certain Richmond fans could learn a lot abut how to win/lose with class methinks. Oh and that Essendon dude as well.... So much sniping from the sidelines....

I'm not 'judging' how you see it, I just have a counter opinion to how you extrapolate the game will be seen in the future, and I think you're selling the premiers short whilst taking glee in trying to fan the flames. It's a little sadistic.

Well, if I wanted to I could start a petition to have the result overturned...

Complementing West Coast as playing a good game and being deserved premiers doesn't really 'avoid the bitter pain of defeat that will haunt me for years to come' - it's more just a simple acknowledgment.

But I suspect you've given yourself away by the above language. You're looking for a rise and not much else my friend.

You lost a grand final with moments of undisciplined actions in the last few minutes of play. You’re not the first team to do it and certainly won’t be the last.

By all means go ahead and complement WC on a great game. It’s very noble of you.

But if it was me...if I was a Collingwood fan...I’d be so disappointed and that feeling would last for years after.

A premiership cup slipped by. All from a few simple #### ups that could’ve been avoided.

I can’t understand how you could see it any other way.

Bollocks - the kick to Vardy was elite - split 4 Collingwood players and dragged them to the ball allowing an outnumber on the wing (which vardy ignores) and another in the pocket

Ummm...’ dragged them to the ball’?

Wtf then were those pie players thinking as McGov took off and played on?

What did Vardy ignore?

Your post is a bit confusing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You lost a grand final with moments of undisciplined actions in the last few minutes of play. You’re not the first team to do it and certainly won’t be the last.

By all means go ahead and complement WC on a great game. It’s very noble of you.

But if it was me...if I was a Collingwood fan...I’d be so disappointed and that feeling would last for years after.

A premiership cup slipped by. All from a few simple #### ups that could’ve been avoided.

I can’t understand how you could see it any other way.
Perhaps, if you’re indeed not trolling, is that you’re more of a pessimist in that you only see the worst in things. Whereas I’m a (possibly deluded) optimist, in that I see the season as a massive tick overall, despite the heartbreak of the final day.

Different strokes for different folks.

If you’re looking for delicious tears then I’m probably not the one to provide them. I’m sure there are other Pies fans who will help you out however.

Perhaps, if you’re indeed not trolling, is that you’re more of a pessimist in that you only see the worst in things. Whereas I’m a (possibly deluded) optimist, in that I see the season as a massive tick overall, despite the heartbreak of the final day.

If you’re looking for delicious tears then I’m probably not the one to provide them. I’m sure there are other Pies fans who will help you out however.

No troll.

Just a viewpoint that’s different to yours my friend.

Let’s put the kettle on and get the biscuit tin out.

Don’t touch the butternut snaps though...I’m quite fond of them.

No troll.

Butternut snaps are garbage mate, you're more than welcome to them.

All good, you're welcome to your opinion, just as much as I'm welcome to mine.

Best of luck to you.

No troll.

As an aside mate, us Pies fan are a little bit like the MS-13 (Mara Salvatrucha) gang who originated in El Salvador and who have taken over the underworld in great swathes of the United States.

For every family member or close friend they kill in the name of the gang, they have a tear tattooed on their face as a reminder to all of how badass (read: sociopathic) they are.

Well, some of us have tears tattooed on our faces for every grandfinal we lose. We've played in 25% of all grandfinals since the inception of the league, and some Pies supporters have tattoos that go beyond our face and down to our nether-regions....

Point being, is that try as you might, we are battle hardened, and just like an MS-13 member might shoot and kill a loved one without second thought, we'll lose a grand final and remain calm, and then head off to that tattoo parlour...

Trying to irk us about it is fraught my friend.

This. Who cares what other supporters think of the result?

We Pies supporters can grieve, and the WC supporters celebrate, and both front up again for another crack in 2019.

This. Who cares what other supporters think of the result?

We Pies supporters can grieve, and the WC supporters celebrate, and both front up again for another crack in 2019.
grieve...really ?
Best game i ever been 2 was a close loss 2 my team

I was there too and everything you said is 100% correct. Both teams and supporters on the day at the ground all class. Well deserved premiers are the eagle fans and club. If only Hawks and Tigers fans take note, and learn both humility in victory and defeat.

Tigers and Crows fans got on really well,I talked to lots of Crows fans who congratulated us,some Crows fans even gave me a can from their 6 pack.

It was also 37 years since we won a flag,was always going to be a big party for the big one.

As an aside mate, us Pies fan are a little bit like the MS-13 (Mara Salvatrucha) gang who originated in El Salvador and who have taken over the underworld in great swathes of the United States.

For every family member or close friend they kill in the name of the gang, they have a tear tattooed on their face as a reminder to all of how badass (read: sociopathic) they are.

Well, some of us have tears tattooed on our faces for every grandfinal we lose. We've played in 25% of all grandfinals since the inception of the league, and some Pies supporters have tattoos that go beyond our face and down to our nether-regions....

Point being, is that try as you might, we are battle hardened, and just like an MS-13 member might shoot and kill a loved one without second thought, we'll lose a grand final and remain calm, and then head off to that tattoo parlour...

Trying to irk us about it is fraught my friend.

Media love you guys and the umpires.

So what if there was an infringement on Maynard? He probably should've looked at the ball instead of Rioli (as well as wrapping his arm around his head) and he may have actually gotten paid a free. Instead he opted to play the man and got caught out of position when Sheed drifted across to take the mark.

You bang on about tit-for-tat when in reality if the umpires were hotter on the whistle WCE would've won by more - Stephenson's goal, Howe dragging the ball in, Rioli tackle in front of goal which would've been a free had the umpires adjudicated HTB the way they had all day etc. I don't really know where this pointless whinging about Maynard even comes from considering nobody even mentioned at the time other than Ling who cheer leads for Vic teams no matter how hard an interstate team is getting reamed by the umps anyway.
Agree.
I've watched it a dozen times. I'm more angry with Langdon not getting up and manning Ryan than a maybe block call that was 50/50 at best. To be honest, on any other day it might have been called but on any other day a dozen or so other calls would have been made and as you say, the game probably wouldn't have been as close. There were still 2 minutes to go after the Sheed goal and Maynard's errant handpass was just as vital as anything that happened previously. The best teams win the biggest moments and make their own luck. That's all there is to it.

Everything I saw was Eagles, just saying. Was surprised big time

If that's true then the WCE management should find out who the DH's are and boot them out of the club. We have 10,000 + on the membership waitlist so we can afford to throw a bunch of tossers out of the club. Me ... I found the WCE and Pies fans to be very well behaved and respectful towards each other even after the game.

The only thing I would watch for is people wearing WCE or Pies gear just for the day as they were opposing Collingwood or WCE whilst not being regular supporters. I don't understand that but it seems to be reasonably common occurrence at the GF.

Just saying!

Clearly you weren’t there in

Becasue it references your Club’s history of drug entrenchment... deaths, jail etc...just not good for families.

One of the very few classless and clueless posts from a Pies supporter that I have seen on the thread. Thankfully, most Pies supporters showing far more class than this dribbler.

Back