AFL 2018 - Prelim Final - West Coast v Melbourne, Optus Stadium, Sat, Sept 22, 1.20pm WST

Who wins the 2018 2nd Prelim Final?

• West Coast by 40+

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • West Coast by 20+

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • West Coast by a kick or two

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Melbourne by a kick or two

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Melbourne by 20+

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Melbourne by 40+

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Where is the GD thread?

WCE-vs-Melbourne.png

Remember! Tipping continues through finals this year.
Tip now!

wce-v-melbourne-PF2.PNG
WEST COAST EAGLES
B Shannon Hurn, Tom Barrass, Will Schofield
HB Thomas Cole, Jeremy McGovern, Lewis Jetta
C Dom Sheed, Luke Shuey, Chris Masten
HF Mark LeCras, Jack Darling, Mark Hutchings
F Willie Rioli, Josh J. Kennedy, Jamie Cripps
FOL Scott Lycett, Elliot Yeo, Jack Redden
I/C Liam Ryan, Liam Duggan, Daniel Venables, Nathan Vardy
EMG Oscar Allen, Jackson Nelson, Brayden Ainsworth, Brendon Ah Chee
IN
Will Schofield
OUT
Brad Sheppard (Injured)
MILESTONES: Tom Barrass - Playing 50th game

MELBOURNE
B Neville Jetta, Oscar McDonald, Jordan Lewis
HB Christian Salem, Sam Frost, Michael Hibberd
C Mitch Hannan, Nathan Jones, Angus Brayshaw
HF Jake Melksham, Tom McDonald, James Harmes
F Aaron vandenBerg, Sam Weideman, Alex Neal-Bullen
FOL Max Gawn, Clayton Oliver, Jack Viney
I/C Christian Petracca, Charlie Spargo, Dom Tyson, Joel Smith
EMG Jay Kennedy Harris, Jayden Hunt, Bayley Fritsch, Timothy Smith
IN
Joel Smith
OUT
Bayley Fritsch (Omitted)

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't get why the Vics think if we win we will be a walkover in the grand final and melbourne making it will be a good close game. Didn't Collingwood flog melbourne by 7 or 8 goals last time and we beat Collingwood at the MCG by 5 or 6 goals last time. I just think our game style is better suited to playing Collingwood than Melbournes is against Collingwood. Also with our bigger ground (Optus) and our training grounds MCG size, I dont think its as big a factor as its made out in here, in us playing at the MCG.

Last edited:
no you see that game doesnt count

but the demons beating us at optus is of high relevance

do you get it?
I don't get why the Vics think if we win we will be a walkover in the grand final and melbourne making it will be a good close game. Didn't Collingwood flog melbourne by 7 or 8 goals last time and we beat melbourne at the MCG by 5 or 6 goals last time. I just think our game style is better suited to playing Collingwood than Melbournes is against Collingwood. Also with our bigger ground (Optus) and our training grounds MCG size, I dont think its as big a factor as its made out in here, in us playing at the MCG.

but if the eagles win a granny against a Vic team, it will ruin their entire "grand finals aren't played interstate" campaign which they pull out every single time a team beats them outside of the MCG. what else will they have to boast or moan about?

92..94....wce

97....98...crows
Ions...beat pies 02 wasnt it..

What a croc of shizenhousin
West Coast will be in the better position if they beat melbourne. While the 1 game in 3 weeks might be a new issue to deal with week 1, the benefits would show second week back against a team thats played all finals leading in. I don't think it matters where it would be played, its mindset adelaide didnt have it last year, west coast have it this year.
I don't get why the Vics think if we win we will be a walkover in the grand final and melbourne making it will be a good close game. Didn't Collingwood flog melbourne by 7 or 8 goals last time and we beat melbourne at the MCG by 5 or 6 goals last time. I just think our game style is better suited to playing Collingwood than Melbournes is against Collingwood. Also with our bigger ground (Optus) and our training grounds MCG size, I dont think its as big a factor as its made out in here, in us playing at the MCG.
I agree, collingwood match us at the contest and beat us on the spread. I would have preferred to play richmond if we got through.
If its pies deed next week pies would be close favourite. If its pies eagles pies would be bigger favorites and eagles would be worth putting a bit on.

Been a fantastic season by the Dees.Two big finals wins without key forward Jesse Hogan.Lever was starting to play some good footy when he got injured. And the way Collingwood rattled Richmond last night must be encouraging for the Dees.
This current Dee's side will be in the Premiership window for around the next 5 years.But can't see them winning today.Will get close but fall about 18 points short.But we will see.Good luck to both sides.

Either way it goes today it'll be a ripping contest from two clubs who have the right to play off for a shot at the flag. Can't wait

Yeah agree

I knows there had been a few barbs both ways

I have said a few ....yup but the reality is all our internet splattering means nothing come bounce down

Good luck to both sides

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast will be in the better position if they beat melbourne. While the 1 game in 3 weeks might be a new issue to deal with week 1, the benefits would show second week back against a team thats played all finals leading in. I don't think it matters where it would be played, its mindset adelaide didnt have it last year, west coast have it this year.

I agree, collingwood match us at the contest and beat us on the spread. I would have preferred to play richmond if we got through.
If its pies deed next week pies would be close favourite. If its pies eagles pies would be bigger favorites and eagles would be worth putting a bit on.

We’ve beaten pies twice this year .....

The very arguments that Melbourne fans have used this week is we’ve beaten west coast at home 5 weeks ago ......

We beat pies on mcg without Nic Nat

There’s just so many arguments and counter arguements we can make. ...in the end it counts for little

No one really tipped pies ...except me.....lol I did in the tips section...crowds and tips thread....

Why ....because I saw dusty MARTIN trotting around like a 50 year old picking his tomatoes from his garden on Sunday arvo......

Christ I hope Melbourne get up! I would love to see a Collingwood vs Melbourne GF. Would it be the only time two teams have missed finals the previous year and both made the GF?

Collingwood will walk over WC at the MCG.
Just like last time the Eagles played them at the G?

Seems a lot of Dee's fans have completely written off how important Kennedy and Darling playing will be. Our towers up forward are almost the core of what makes WC tick.

Just like last time the Eagles played them at the G?

You have learnt nothing from Richmond supporters have you....

let me recap you on that game...

Injuries
Collingwood: Mason Cox (soreness) replaced in selected side by Ben Crocker, Sidebottom (eye), Moore (dislocated finger), Sier (corked quad), Langdon (right knee)
West Coast: Naitanui (knee)

No Cox, Treloar, Goldsack.

And now you have no Gaff..

Geez talk about being cocky about past results that have absolutely no bearing on future games, and different team line ups the next time around!

Seems a lot of Dee's fans have completely written off how important Kennedy and Darling playing will be. Our towers up forward are almost the core of what makes WC tick.

Nobody has forgotten about Kennedy and Darling, Eagles fans have made sure of that.

I could say the Eagles fans have written of how important Jack Viney playing will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back