AFL 2018 - Prelim Final - West Coast v Melbourne, Optus Stadium, Sat, Sept 22, 1.20pm WST

Who wins the 2018 2nd Prelim Final?

• West Coast by 40+

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • West Coast by 20+

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • West Coast by a kick or two

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Melbourne by a kick or two

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Melbourne by 20+

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Melbourne by 40+

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question, why would you even care or notice?

Newspapers are trash. Can’t even remember the last time I paid for or read one. And have no idea how many pages Melbourne got

Is this how people spend their time?
Exactly, who actually gives a f@#$.

Pathetic behaviour to care about press coverage. If you think you are being hard done by just strike up your own pirate radio on your special interest subject and be done with it. Otherwise stfu.

Imach flips the ball in his fingers then takes his short run up. He bowls aiming for the cracks and hits one. The ball hops up on an unworldy angle but Black Saab is quick to nullify the devious delivery and he steps right forward and blocks it away. End of the over. Imach gives Black Saab a glare and then collects his jumper from the umpire... Black Saab adjusts his box and looks to count the trees over by the car park...
hWk6JcheLMU

This is classic.

I travelled over for the game.

All I heard was how great the stadium is. It’s a the greatest venue in the world, the noise is deafening blah blah blah.

Reality. It was like a blue light disco with some kid flicking the lights on and off, and the noise? Definitely quieter than the first 2 Dees finals (that had 30k more there) and a massive 10db quintet than the Collingwood Richmond prelim.

I give Optus Stadium a solid 7/10. It’s a nice try, but still only 70% as good as the MCG.
You won the stadium critique battle.

Just a shame your side got absolutely curb
stomped American History X style

This is classic.

All I heard was how great the stadium is. It’s a the greatest venue in the world, the noise is deafening blah blah blah.

Reality. It was like a blue light disco with some kid flicking the lights on and off, and the noise? Definitely quieter than the first 2 Dees finals (that had 30k more there) and a massive 10db quintet than the Collingwood Richmond prelim.

I give Optus Stadium a solid 7/10. It’s a nice try, but still only 70% as good as the MCG.

Makes sense that it was quiet. Only one team to cheer on.

I hear Federation Square was a great place to read a book today.

Last edited:
Eagles fans make alot of noise but i must say, the games seemed much louder at subi

Yeah nah

Sorry I’ve been to mcg ...for grand final in 92 .....and big games

Lots of Subiaco games ....Optus is the loudest stadium easily ....it’s the design of the stands and roof

It creates a vortex if you like of noise ....it’s incredibly loud

So what you are saying is he follows it by the book. Which is exactly what you want an umpire to do. The issue is not him, the issue is the rules. He's doing his job and doing it better than the likes of Nicholls, Stevic and Pannell.

Agree with most of what you said. However the part where you said Razor is better than Stevic? Lol no way. Stevic is the best umpire in the league.

Last edited:
That’s funny

Please tweet ...send it viral

Funny s**t
Ive enjoyed the banter all week mate, that was as n awesome display and we lost to a team capable of a level that the closest i would have seen was essendon 2000. Every 50 50 was an eagle win. Even the biggest loss I've was witnessed the bottom team can manage a 50 50.
Good luck next week, i think ya's have got it

This is classic.

Yet the media bang on about how loud it is, and every time we point out that a Richmond/Collingwood vs GWS final at the MCG with 70-90k fans might just be louder we are given funny looks.

So which is it, do we have the loudest and most intimidating atmosphere in the world or have the Melbourne media maybe got a bit carried away?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is classic.

Should have been at the Collingwood game, that was some serious noise.

Also, I don't think you can fault the stadium itself, it is right up there.

Deer in the headlights stuff from the Dees. What a s**t weekend of finals in both the AFL and the NRL. Not even 1 good game out of the 4 total.

This is classic.

It was the loudest I've ever been to for an Eagles training session. Nice of the Dees to act as cones so we go through some plays for next week! cheers!

Melbourne severely underachieved last year and they only underachieved (not severely) this year.

Joke club.

lol, how can you pot them with a straight face, given the circus of a club you support?

RTB will ensure you’re irrelevant for atleast the next decade I’m certain.

Pity your board are scared shitless to even considering flicking him.

Last edited:
Well they are wrong aren't they.

Not even the best contested division in this game let alone in 20 years.

They were not wrong on the stats. They also made no prediction for that game.
Everything they did yesterday was not in pattern of their games. Highest scoring team for year but did not have a goal at half time. Had lowest tackles in a game for their club in a decade. They did everything wrong from moment Lewis handballs straight to Eagles for opening goal, Tyson falls over and perfect turnover for Eagles goal. Crap game to watch for those of us looking forward to a good final. They were horrible. Lets hopes now Eagles at least keep up their form for grand final day and win.

Last edited:
This is classic.

I've found supporters don't really cheer that much when there's only one team out there. If there had been an actual contest, I suspect it may have been different.

They were not wrong on the stats. They also made no prediction for that game.
Everything they did yesterday was not in pattern of their games. Highest scoring team for year but did not have a goal at half time. Had lowest tackles in a game for their club in a decade. They did everything wrong from moment Lewis handballs straight to Eagles for opening goal, Tyson falls over and perfect turnover for Eagles goal. Crap game to watch for those of us looking forward to a good final. They were horrible. Lets hopes now Eagles at least keep up their form for grand final day and win.

Despite all those slips and bad handballs, none of it was related to them being well beaten at the coalface. Greatest contested ball division of 2 decades soundly beaten, perhaps carried by Gawn to look that good.

I've found supporters don't really cheer that much when there's only one team out there. If there had been an actual contest, I suspect it may have been different.

Biggest cheers go to hard ball gets and impressive goals in big tight pressure games. Hard to cheer when one team is playing like SFL div 4 reserves. That said West Coast were like the damn Harlem Globe Trotters out there, skills were prime 2013-15 Hawthorn-esque. Probably a symptom of playing without any pressure at all. Pies will be a different kettle of fish on the G I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back