Preview AFL 2018 - Preliminary Final - Richmond v Collingwood, MCG, Fri Sept 21st, 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it interesting that Pies fans take so much out of two 7 goal losses against the Tigers. We basically played a similar game to them on ANZAC eve and were super disappointed with the result.

If a team beats you by 7 goals twice in a season it'll take a lot to change that result a 3rd time.

Think it is possible to take some heart from the second loss in terms of hopefully not copping injuries, that would have had some effect in the final quarter.

Tigers seem the clear yardstick and a fair bit will have to go right for us realistically the way they run games out, but nothing wrong with ‘harnessing the positive’.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think you will beat WC, fingers crossed if we lose you beat campaignermond as well, if the dice falls our way Friday night i reckon we'll go into the GF hot favourites against you, what ever that's worth.
I can't wait for about 11.00pm Friday night
551352_9fd1aa0deb10feb80ea316f5e6f7ce6d.gif
Especially you Frank...you've given us so much material...

And you can argue that if you beat us and win the flag, then finish top in 2019 and make a prelim. Until then your just some also-ran who sucks against top 8 sides.
Dude, we shouldn't even ******* be here man, bottom 6 side obliterated by injury playing off in a prelim, fact is the comp is as weak as i've seen ATM, we'll be a much better side next year unless the injury gods hammer us again.

I think you will beat WC, fingers crossed if we lose you beat campaignermond as well, if the dice falls our way Friday night i reckon we'll go into the GF hot favourites against you, what ever that's worth.
If its a Melb v Pie GF Melbourne will be deserved favorites. They have been in better form all year and have a superior list (and that includes the best ruckman in the game)

If its a Melb v Pie GF Melbourne will be deserved favorites. They have been in better form all year and have a superior list (and that includes the best ruckman in the game)
Strange. I would’ve thought a side with better form would’ve finished higher on the ladder. Or taken the points in their head to head meeting.

Dude, we shouldn't even ******* be here man, bottom 6 side obliterated by injury playing off in a prelim, fact is the comp is as weak as i've seen ATM, we'll be a much better side next year unless the injury gods hammer us again.
Enjoy the offseason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because i have about 10 extra friends appear who apparently are passionate tiger fans in the last 12 months. They will disappear just as quickly.
Oh wow you personally had 10 extra friends? Well thats obviously proof for the 30k extra members aint it? Lmao.
Ive had 0 friends suddenly become Richmond supporters, so by your own logic that means theres also 0 bandwagoners.

Really disappointed to be honest. I was quite enjoying the banter and debate with you then you had to spoil it by getting all personal. Oh well, all the best Friday night.
Go Pies !!!
So when you constantly repeated the same point about winning 4 GFs against us to 2 like a programmed bot that was banter? My bad, I'm sorry. Clearly the banter on the north side of Victoria street is as bad as the pho.

Ye, thats why Im not making claims of how many are 3 game memberships. Pretty simple aint it?
Dont have the facts? Dont act like you have the facts.
This all started because one of your supporters claimed membership tickets were selling 2:1 in Richmonds favour, why haven't you asked him for proof? Just curious.

I think you guys area very good side. Full strength would match well vs any team In the last few years.
Gonna be a great game.

So when you constantly repeated the same point about winning 4 GFs against us to 2 like a programmed bot that was banter? My bad, I'm sorry. Clearly the banter on the north side of Victoria street is as bad as the pho.

No it was debate and discussion. As I said you lost me mate with the personal insults. One of the great things about the Collingwood and Richmond rivalry is the respect. Been around footy 50 plus years and don’t need to waste my time with personal insults. As I said, enjoy the game and all the best.

I think you guys area very good side. Full strength would match well vs any team In the last few years.
Gonna be a great game.
Coach has a lot do with our success IMO, i wanted Buckley strung up at the nearest tree last year, and the 2 previous years, reckon a lot of Tiger fans wanted Dimma gone at certain stages as well.

The reason we've managed to get to where we are is the game plan, it's why we've been able to carry on even with injuries, what hurts us the most are in game injuries, i'm not sure of the facts but it's been a rarity we haven't lost a player before HT and in many games we've lost 2, lose 2 and you're pretty much screwed against quality opposition.

Just thought I would share the post I made a few months back for the Collingwood Richmond game. Have adapted it for the prelim.

Collingwood and Richmond the Sleeping Giants of the AFL have awoken and for those not old enough to remember there is simply, no bigger ticket in town. These are the most traditional of rivals whose loathing and respect for each other has stood the test of time for over 110 years. The hatred for each other was born out of the fact these two neighbouring suburbs were separated only by Victoria Street. Two clubs conceived from humble working-class origins waged tribal warfare on each other and when they went into battle nothing else mattered.

The neighbourhood relationship started on good terms with Collingwood being the most supportive club of Richmond as they entered the league, but this quickly changed as these competitive beasts became two of the biggest in the land. After several key defections fuel was added to the already burning fire when Collingwood defeated Richmond in the 1919 Grand Final and Richmond returned serve the following year by defeating the Magpies. The intensity grew in the late 1920s with Collingwood ‘Machine’ humiliating Richmond by defeating them in 3 successive Grand Finals in 1927,1928 and 1929. Whilst not playing in these games it was the great man Jack Dyer who snarled ‘God could not have put a better team on Earth than Richmond, but he did, bloody Collingwood’. This is where the Dyer legend grew that he refused to watch television or read newspaper because they were ‘bloody black and white’. The immortal Jock McHale mirrored Dyers sentiments by proudly inspiring his boys to ‘bleed’ and do ‘anything they could to defeat’ Richmond. The passion was so strong that they say you could hear the rumble up Hoddle St as the opposition fans marched to either Victoria Park or Punt Rd.

In the early and mid-1970s, the dormant volcano that had seen Collingwood on the up when Richmond was on the down and vice versa exploded to new life with 92,436 rabid supporters igniting the old tradition and filling the G with what is till the 5th biggest Home and Away crowd in History. In 1980, Richmond added salt to the ‘Collywobbles’ wound by defeating them by 81 points in front of 113,461 fans. This sparked an enormous bidding war where players such as Raines, Cloke, Annear, Walsh, Taylor, McCormack and many more swapped guernseys and were branded as traitors for defecting to the other side of Victoria Street.

And here we are again, with the Tigers sitting atop of the perch and their Black and White enemies from down the street on the rise. Times have changed and two tough honest working-class clubs that were born into adversity sit as AFL financial powerhouses a long way from those traditional slum roots. There is one thing that hasn’t changed and that is that these two clubs are the biggest armies in AFL football and they both on the march. With over 100,000 expected at the Coliseum on Saturday the heart beat of this great tradition lives and as Jack Dyer once said, ‘Ask me if I hate Collingwood, Bloody oath I do, but ask me if I respect them, and I will say yes, like no other’. Us Collingwood people feel the same about Richmond with an intense hatred but a respect like no other. Roll it, wrap it and give it a date because at 7.50pm on Friday, the old suburban warriors go head to head. The two biggest armies in football will reignite a 110-year tradition. Bring it on.

This all started because one of your supporters claimed membership tickets were selling 2:1 in Richmonds favour, why haven't you asked him for proof? Just curious.
I posted this a few pages back. This is where it came from.

For the Richmond and Collingwood fans who are auguring over the 2:1 ratio in favour of Richmond in the 40,000 public tickets that were on sale on Monday. That number came from the "Talking Tigers" podcast (Richmond F.C. offical podcast).

It was mention by JB (Who is in charge of Social Media and also helps organise Richmond finals tickets. (Fun Fact: He was the one behind the infamous tweet when told Richmomd supporters to buy up the Geelong allocation.))

On the latest podcast he said that Richmond supporters out brought Collingwood supporters 2:1. He also said it is Collingwood supporters best "Finals Purchasing" since 2011. (Whatever that means). Furthermore it is Richmomd best "Finals Purchasing" since last years PF.

Now, I'm pretty sure that is correct due to Richmond allocation being sold 40 minutes before Collingwood. Logic would come to that conclusion. However, the crowd in my opinion will be a 50/50 crowd spilt. Collingwood will out number Richmond supporters by a lot in the AFL members and by a reasonable amount in the MCC reserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back