Preview AFL 2018 - Preliminary Final - Richmond v Collingwood, MCG, Fri Sept 21st, 7.50pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

10571z

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2006
Christmas Hills
AFL Club
Collingwood
In all seriousness and no smart ass comments does anyone give us a realistic chance of winning tomorrow. Fair enough if no, just curious.
Lol are you serious! 100% Richmond have built up this reputation of invincibility on the mcg. But realistically that can disappear in 2 hours tommorow night.

Richmond have lost 4 games this year. This is a team that 4 times another side ran over them and their manic style wasn’t good enough.

Sooner or later things just don’t work as well as they have in the past. Pies have the star power to win absolutely. While it’s hard to predict Richmond are human and will have that bad day sooner or later.

Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Lol are you serious! 100% Richmond have built up this reputation of invincibility on the mcg. But realistically that can disappear in 2 hours tommorow night.

Richmond have lost 4 games this year. This is a team that 4 times another side ran over them and their manic style wasn’t good enough.

Sooner or later things just don’t work as well as they have in the past. Pies have the star power to win absolutely. While it’s hard to predict Richmond are human and will have that bad day sooner or later.
Good point. I just feel they are a different beast come finals, in saying that, you are right. They are human and i think if we play our best we are capable.

roacheee

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Aug 25, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
This is a team that 4 times another side ran over them
not sure if you meant 'ran over'
one thing that gives me confidence is that not once this year have we had a decent lead and then been 'run over'
i still don't think it's a coincidence that our losses came interstate.
it's been said a lot but tiges need to do what they've been doing all year and if so, the pies would have to be exceptional to notch the win.
if they do, good on 'em.

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
Be glad you don't follow the Pies.:( I think we have been in more close losses in finals than any club. Tiger fans have been spoiled and have not been tested in the terrifying cauldron of a final going down to the final minute. Try a minute to go and Stephen Milne is swooping on a loose ball in the goal square. Try seeing two drawn GF's when your team was comfortably ahead in both games. Try losing a granny with a tap in from the boundary when it looked to be over the line (1979). Try losing a granny in the last minute when you were seven goals up at halftime (1970). Try losing a granny when a backpocket snaps a goal out of his arse in the last minute after disobeying an explicit order from his coach (Norm Smith) who was so incensed that he refused to congratulate the player (Compton) for winning the flag because of his flagrant disobedience (1964). Try losing a granny you were considered to have no chance in even being competitive and you are ahead with ten minutes to go only to see two shocking decisions cost you the flag (2002). Try losing a granny by a point with a wayward kick and have the siren sound moments after your last forward thrust (1966). I still think Podsiadly's shoulder injury cost us the 2011 because we had their Pods completely covered and Geelong went small.That's just GF's. I could write a book about preliminary and semi finals. I've seen us lose 11 in my lifetime and we were in with a big chance in most of them. That's why Tiger fans talk of suffering makes me laugh. Suffering is losing ultra close grand finals. Not playing finals is frustrating and demoralizing-very different emotions.
You copped it for years. The old Collywobbles. Never minded Collingwood growing up (70's), at least you are passionate and understand football and were always good rivals. Some light entertainment at finals time, then it was our turn, and boy have we had to suck it up for years. If you beat us tomorrow, fair cop.

Spacedog

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Will the pies let Howe run free as a spare/playing on small or will he go to Riewoldt/Caddy? Goldsack to riewoldt i'd assume and then who goes to caddy? langdon or howe?

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
Will the pies let Howe run free as a spare/playing on small or will he go to Riewoldt/Caddy? Goldsack to riewoldt i'd assume and then who goes to caddy? langdon or howe?

Howe will take Dusty when he goes forward. I reckon Maynard to caddy. Caddy will be too strong for Langdon.

4tone

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Odds mean everything, m8. Money talks. Its the one indicator we have that will never be biased because people dont mess around with money.
Oh I see so the odds mean nothing but what the media says does?? Who gives a s**t what the media says? Stop listening to all that bullshit.

Odds are right there mate, Bulldogs had 2 wins that were bigger upsets than if Collingwood win tomorrow. And nothing the media or you say can change that.
Youre in the prelim. m8. If Pies didnt think they could win the flag from here than you would have some serious issues. lmao.

You really are obsessed with the media arent you? Do you actually want footy? You base upsets on how much the media is talking up a team, not how well each team is playing.
Youre not excited about winning the game and making a grand final, youre excited about what the media says about Richmond if they lose? Wow thats sad.
WTF. I didnt understand zero of you tried to say. Enjoy the game snapper.

You had a full squad first time around and still lost by almost 50
Not sure how they are going to fit all your huge inbred heads into the MCG.

Sep 14, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
So then its 5 from 5 from 6 days breaks against bottom 10 teams. Richmond aint a bottom 10 team, sorry.
So because Richmond aren’t a bottom 10 side, we aren’t 5 out of 5 from 6 day breaks...? You’re confusing me, was I wrong in what I initially posted? Have we played Richmond after a 6 day break this year and lost?

4tone

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Theres a difference between being rightful favourites and being unbeatable. I havent heard anyone say the Tigers are unbeatable (bigfooty bravado doesnt count). If the media are saying this quote the sources, dont just base it on "the vibe"
Is It the same vibe carrigans lawyer had when he was saving there house. Cmon man the tigers have had a media love fest going on for a while. My vibe or preception of and anyones else for that matter wont make a difference come friday. Im just a bloke who wants to see their team win just like you.

Americanpies

Club Legend
May 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wondering how Dusty really is... 60%? 80%? 100%?. Seems like his injury is on par with Howe's injury which had him out for weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back