Preview AFL 2018 - Preliminary Final - Richmond v Collingwood, MCG, Fri Sept 21st, 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone criticising the attendance at the Pies vs GWS game must realise that the weather was f###ing s**t and it was probably the coldest game I've been to all season. Believe it or not but crap weather affects attendances.

Also for some reason theres a huge difference in semi final attendances vs prelims.

The main reason why Richmond got an enormous attendance in the prelim vs GWS last year is cos you hadn't been a genuine contender in nearly 40 years and the fans were all up and about and there was this huge buzz.

Is your golf buddy slightly blind or suffering from early onset dementia perhaps? Would be really interested in his thoughts on the West Coast - Richmond game (not).

Richmond will win this comfortably IMHO. Collingwood have Mason "the statue" Cox (who wouldn't get a game in other sides) against Rance (for those liking the punt best odds are $1.09 for a dive in the third on Sportsbet) and will get a bath, Goldsack (apparently he's returned from injury, who knew?) to be closely checked by Cotchin and some bloke called Langdon on some bloke called Martin? Seriously though, Collingwood looked pretty rusty last game and I think Richmond will be too strong. Hope it's a close game and Ling can get out his decibel detection equipment to record how loud it is.
Comphrension not your strong suit?

Not a golfing buddy, only time I have met him. Works for your club and has a matchday role on the bench. As such gets to hear Dimma's opinions etc 1st hand. It's Harwicks opinion we are talking about not the golfers.

No worries though. Feeling good today. Upset is on. One match in 26 days is no way to prepare for a cut throat prelim. AFL have stuffed the Tigers with this pre finals bye. Will have lost their edge and be rusty. Unfair but we will take advantage just the same. Tigers big bro is back in town.

Pies will smash us we've beaten noone all year got injured sore players who have battled gastro all week same as the coaches its on there home ground with a bigger crowd then what we are use to they have a better list better coaching there pressure rating is unheard of there fast starters will be 40 up at quarter time so I'm not sure why were even arguing the point pies are home well done pies and to my boys thanks for the last 2 years

One match in 26 days is no way to prepare for a cut throat prelim. AFL have stuffed the Tigers with this pre finals bye. Will have lost their edge and be rusty. Unfair but we will take advantage just the same. Tigers big bro is back in town.
Once again, this "exact" 1 game in 26 days scenario was the same in last years Prelim when we were the fresher (and sharper) team and out scored the Gants by 36 points in the last half. So why all of a sudden is it an issue paying the Pies?

Once again, this "exact" same 1 game in 26 days scenario was the same in last years Prelim when we were the fresher (and sharper) team and out scored the Gants by 36 points in the last half. So why all of a sudden is it an issue paying the Pies?
Pies are a fair bit more prepared than a Giants only MCG game that year.

A lot of hype and for good reason surrounding this match. Massive stakes, two big clubs, the reigning premier looking for a GF spot to go back to back, up against the club that has taken it to them for 3 quarters. It feels like everyone is expecting a close game which could go either way, though I reckon it'll end up a 5-6 goal margin in favour of the Tigers.

It is irrelevant, soz.

Serious question, are you guys so insecure about your teams form that you try to cling on to anything that seems positive? "Yeh you thrashed us twice, but we were close at 3 quarter time" "6 day break? We beat 5 s**t teams after those"
Seems really odd.
Ive asked the same question to a few of you.

When it comes to comments that compliment your opposition or are negative facts re Richmond, you lot jump up in arms like a slightly overweight bird who has had someone insinuate shes fat.

At least with us, it’s Collingwood related. You guys get defensively insecure if someone compliments another team that isn’t Richmond...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are people saying the winner of this will lose in the GF? I don’t understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comphrension not your strong suit?

Not a golfing buddy, only time I have met him. Works for your club and has a matchday role on the bench. As such gets to hear Dimma's opinions etc 1st hand. It's Harwicks opinion we are talking about not the golfers.

No worries though. Feeling good today. Upset is on. One match in 26 days is no way to prepare for a cut throat prelim. AFL have stuffed the Tigers with this pre finals bye. Will have lost their edge and be rusty. Unfair but we will take advantage just the same. Tigers big bro is back in town.
Erm, I support West Coast. You know, the other team playing this weekend? The one that have beaten Richmond, unlike your mob losing twice to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back