Preview AFL 2018 - Preliminary Final - West Coast v Melbourne, Optus Stadium, Sat, Sept 22, 1.20pm WST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
West Coast Eagles vs Winner Semi Final 2
Saturday 22 September 2018
1:20 pm Bounce Down

The West Coast Eagles are set to play their second home final at Optus Stadium! Playing the winner of Hawthorn v Melbourne in the second semi final, the Eagles are set for a Saturday afternoon thriller in week 3 of the AFL Finals Series.

Important Ticketing Information

Ticketmaster is the only authorised ticket seller for this event.
  • Competing Club Members. 9 am - 1 pm Monday 17 September (AWST) Includes West Coast Eagles WA Reserved Seat members (including noteholders), Flexi members, Victorian Gold and Platinum members, and AFL members with competing club support.
  • West Coast Eagles In The Wings, Eagles Nest, Eagles Rising Stars and Ricks Rookies Members. 11 am – 1 pm Monday 17 September (AWST)
  • General Public - 2 pm Monday 17 September (AWST)
Please note that there will be no outlet sales available at either Optus Stadium or Domain Stadium for the AFL Finals Series.

Stadium Information: https://optusstadium.com.au/whats-on/afl-preliminary-final

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
West Coast Eagles vs Winner Semi Final 2
Saturday 22 September 2018
1:20 pm Bounce Down

The West Coast Eagles are set to play their second home final at Optus Stadium! Playing the winner of Hawthorn v Melbourne in the second semi final, the Eagles are set for a Saturday afternoon thriller in week 3 of the AFL Finals Series.

Important Ticketing Information

Ticketmaster is the only authorised ticket seller for this event.
  • Competing Club Members. 9 am - 1 pm Monday 17 September (AWST) Includes West Coast Eagles WA Reserved Seat members (including noteholders), Flexi members, Victorian Gold and Platinum members, and AFL members with competing club support.
  • West Coast Eagles In The Wings, Eagles Nest, Eagles Rising Stars and Ricks Rookies Members. 11 am – 1 pm Monday 17 September (AWST)
  • General Public - 2 pm Monday 17 September (AWST)
Please note that there will be no outlet sales available at either Optus Stadium or Domain Stadium for the AFL Finals Series.

Stadium Information: https://optusstadium.com.au/whats-on/afl-preliminary-final
Which game is being played at Domain Stadium?

Black white

Club Legend
May 4, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
This is going to be a cracking final.

We will find out just how good the Demons are.

All the people that like fairy tales and the Channel 7 cheerleaders (I mean commentary team) will have their lube out barracking hard for them.

Not sure who to pick.
I hope the Dees win, make the GF and it's the same result as their last gf effort.

skwunk

Club Legend
Aug 26, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket), Brooklyn Nets
I personally think the Eagles will win, but I'm very much looking forward to this final. Hopefully a classic following the boring prelims of last year.

WCE Wizard

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I can see those dickheads at the herald sun already jerking off. Jon Ralph, Sam Edmund, Scott Gullan the fairy tale the fairy tale. Tell you one thing we are not nervous the last time they beat us here by 17 points with 21 players on the ground and no Josh Kennedy. We are different kettle of fish this time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
I'm rapt. My life-long Vic club (for the first time since 2000) against my club (first prelim at new stadium). Demons will obviously be the enemies next week (so tried to soak up the fantastic team song last night), but at least I'll have someone to cheer on in the granny. Richmond vs GWS (after a thriller) would make it even better. GWS vs Melb/WCE would be my favourite granny since 2006, but even Richmond vs Melbourne I'd be excited for.

From an Eagles perspective, Hawthorn are the more reliable, containable opposition, but if we're good enough to make the GF we'll be good enough to account for Melbourne (who have been playing big games for 5 weeks now), that's the task awaiting us.

Last edited:

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
If we are in the grand final by the time this game rolls around I honestly don’t know who I’d prefer win. On the one hand I’d love to get another go at west coast and make up for our earlier loss and I feel they have been our main challenger all year.
On the other hand I’d love the chance to come up against the dees and show the footy world we are still the champs, would be a much bigger buildup as well and not sure if we’ve ever played the dees in a grand final?
I give the dees a chance however west coast in Perth I think will be to strong.

Mar 4, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Sydney Kings
Is Jack Viney more important to Melbourne, or Josh Kennedy to West Coast. It's probably dead even, if not Viney to Melbourne. And yes, my point here is that everyone is saying Kennedy didn't play last time we played, but neither did Viney. Good luck getting it out of the middle WCE.

WCE Wizard

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Is Jack Viney more important to Melbourne, or Josh Kennedy to West Coast. It's probably dead even, if not Viney to Melbourne. And yes, my point here is that everyone is saying Kennedy didn't play last time we played, but neither did Viney. Good luck getting it out of the middle WCE.
Yeah that is was they said against the pies good luck beating Treloar, Adams, Pendes, Sidebottom and we did. Also the last time you played Darling was kncoked out in the first 5 minutes we had one less rotation for the whole game. All we need to do is break even in the middle to give our forwards a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back