AFL 2018 - R2 - Collingwood v GWS, 4.35pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

In the end it was the tight contest I expected. Brilliant games from Grundy, Howe and Teloar obviously doesn't like his ex teammates that much.

For us TOJ is making a spot his, which is wonderful.

I know this Collingwood team too well. They have absolutely 0 clutch time ability. They cannot and will not win games where they are challenged. As soon as they lose the lead, they give up and collapse. They have 2 players down, so that will be Bucks excuse.. but GWS were a man down too, and 1 goal to 5 since the 4 minute mark of the last quarter is nothing short of pathetic. No creativity going inside 50 for the majority of the 4th. Out-marked and back with interest on every inside 50. Can't lock it in 50 or even compete there. That hunger from the first 3 quarters just dissipated. Honorable loss, bravery, screw that. I'm really disappointed with this result, as they could have won this game, but again another fizzle out into nothing.

Good contest. Thought pies did really well considering the difference between the calibre of their respective lists. Could have won it. Just needed a couple of high quality players to nail a couple of goals. Giants pretty good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The pies will have a good season based on today’s effort

Wouldn't say that. The last 5 or so matches between these two teams have generally resulted in pretty close losses or a win for collingwood. They seem to match up well with gws.

So I wouldnt use this game as barometer for their overall form on its own.

30,000 on a beautiful day, Saturday afternoon, Collingwood playing at home, Easter and school holidays is a good crowd?
Ok.
Considering the Giants have 2 fans so Collingwood fans would have made up the entire crowd, it’s a fair effort.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back