AFL 2018 - R2 - Collingwood v GWS, 4.35pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Bwahahahaha today's game was exactly why they won't have a good season. They can dominate around the footy but have atrocious skills. It's rinse and repeat stuff from the pies they've been doing this for years

Hey! How dare you be so... accurate.

Our pressure, effort, intensity, structures, etc. are all fine, good even. But the reality is that if we're kicking the ball more than 30m and/or kicking into our attacking 50, it's far more likely to favour the opposition rather than our own players.

Cracker of a game. Annoyingly it was so good I began to care who won when I just wanted to be lazily entertained. We all saw the cyclical bursts of momentum. Was it time for GWS to score a few towards the end or did Collingwood just finally wilt in the last 10 minutes? No matter, kudos to both teams.

Haven't paid much attention to non north teams the last year and a half. Were people expecting Grundy to dominate Lobb this much?

Yes, because Grundy is genuinely one of the best rucks in the league, particularly with the physical stuff around stoppages, and Lobb is soft as butter.

Giants will miss Shane Mumford this year.

Bad luck Pies, went with them, or did their best trying to, for the whole game.

Yeah hope both badly injured players heal up as fast as possible. Horrible to see.

I dunno where 'Collingwood are at', but I think the endeavour showed today is something to take out of it.

Yes, because Grundy is genuinely one of the best rucks in the league, particularly with the physical stuff around stoppages, and Lobb is soft as butter.

Giants will miss Shane Mumford this year.
Rubbish
You got the first bit right, Grundy is an elite ruck. Last year at Spotless he creamed Mummy in the first QTR and we couldn't buy clearance. Lobb moved into the ruck after that and evened it up.
Grundy dominated tonight but Lobb is clearly our best option.

We are scrubbers who try hard but lack class. Didn’t help losing Reid before the game & then losing Broomhead & Moore before half time.
Good try, but no cattle to kick a winning score.

No problem i have a doc who can get anything you like
Send me a PM with the photo of you with it.

Don’t want to get the doc in any trouble. Sounds like a good doc. Wish I could find me 1. I get treated like a druggie for asking for a pack of panadeine extra for jaw pain once a month.

Ive got no time for GWS. They play with such an arrogance they have done nothing to earn

They sure do. Cameron and Patton were really sooking it up when things weren't going there way. That Rory Lobb is one of the biggest s**t-trucks in the game. Absolutely hate that guy's attitude. Some of the midfielders like Shiel and Kelly obviously hated the style of game play we forced them to play with our manic pressure yesterday. They're used to chipping it around without a care in the world. Bulldogs and Richmond also bought that same style in the 2016 and 2017 finals and had them rattled as well. Bunch of primadonnas.

Oh well. We were without a forward line and had 30 year old, couldn't get a game at Melbourne Lynden Dunn towel up their 2 gun forwards so I'm pretty happy with our effort. I can't wait to see GWS face a good side at the MCG this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done Giants, lose Greene pre match and Scully early and still win.

Yeah....it's not like Collingwood weren't missing EVERY SINGLE FORWARD you clown!

Cox - Suspended
Moore - Went down injured early in the 2nd qtr
Broomhead - Snapped his leg in half in the opening minutes of the game
Fasolo - Out of form. In the magoos. A gun when on on song.
Jamie Elliot, one of the best small forwards in the comp - INJURED
Reid - Also injured right before the game JUST LIKE GREENE

Who did that leave us with?

Last edited:
Yeah....it's not like Collingwood weren't missing EVERY SINGLE FORWARD you clown!

Cox - Suspended

A lot of salty tears apparently.

Cox - Suspended

Tissue?
* me excuses excuses.

We were very poor and were missing two weapons (not spuds) and yet not using it as an excuse.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

They sure do. Cameron and Patton were really sooking it up when things weren't going there way. That Rory Lobb is one of the biggest s**t-trucks in the game. Absolutely hate that guy's attitude. Some of the midfielders like Shiel and Kelly obviously hated the style of game play we forced them to play with our manic pressure yesterday. They're used to chipping it around without a care in the world. Bulldogs and Richmond also bought that same style in the 2016 and 2017 finals and had them rattled as well. Bunch of primadonnas.

Oh well. We were without a forward line and had 30 year old, couldn't get a game at Melbourne Lynden Dunn towel up their 2 gun forwards so I'm pretty happy with our effort. I can't wait to see GWS face a good side at the MCG this year.
Wow.
Those tears are just flowing arent they.

A lot of salty tears apparently.

Nothing to say on that one hey? See how you go with literally no forward line mate.

Tissue?
**** me excuses excuses.

We were very poor and were missing two weapons (not spuds) and yet not using it as an excuse.

Wells, DeGoey, Moore, Elliot and Reid are spuds? Sure mate. I also remember Fasolo, who also wasn't playing absolutely stitching you guys up at Spotless in 2016.

See you next time.

Nothing to say on that one hey? See how you go with literally no forward line mate.

Wells, DeGoey, Moore, Elliot and Reid are spuds? Sure mate. I also remember Fasolo, who also wasn't playing absolutely stitching you guys up at Spotless in 2016.

See you next time.
Concentrate and look at the score closely is my recommendation. We need to move on and focus on teams that will be playing in September anyway. Bye

See you next time.

Lol 2016? 2 years ago?

You list players out of form.

If thats allowed then Patton, Kelly, Shiel and Jezza all played poorly.

Lol 2016? 2 years ago?

You list players out of form.

If thats allowed then Patton, Kelly, Shiel and Jezza all played poorly.

I didn't mention any players out of form. Moore went down injured very early in the game. Everyone else I mentioned wasn't playing. We had an entirely makeshift forward line on Saturday. You still had Cameron and Patton who got toweled up by 30 year old Lynden Dunn and Jeremy Howe who isn't even a KP defender.

EDIT: But since you brought up out of form players, I think Treloar (still carrying a groin injury allegedly) and Adams cancel out Kelly and Shiel.

Last edited:
You didnt?

Nice try smartass. I was talking about someone who wasn't even playing. You mentioned players that were playing on Saturday. Try again.

See you next time.

You keep managing to dodge this. That's who we were missing. I wonder how things would go if the situations were reversed.

See you next time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back