AFL 2018 - R2 - Geelong v Hawthorn, 3.20pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought Kelly was pretty good?

Please try and remember this ridiculous 'holy trinity' bullshit annoys us as much as anyone.
Yes it probably does , even Geelong people know how at least two of them are treated anmd looked after, it happened at Geelong v Hawks last year too.
Along with Barrett shittest going around

Ralph is a true sycophant on Fox footy, which is controlled totally and fully by AFL who tell them "don't say a word about whats wrong with the game. "
Ralph has issues and agendas, I don't trust him at all, but then he never says good things about any body.Much.
Him and Barrett are following in the horrible footsteps of Gary Lyons under study Craig Hutchison. Next they'll be on a plane following some poor bastard in personal crisis and help ruin him.
Know what I mean?!

lol - favourites
Reigning premiers v hawks coming off a six day break

Hopefully it’s another good game

tiges haven’t got going yet, playing very undisciplined and loose footy atm. without the afl gifting us a lowly carlton first up we’d be 0-2. coming back from a tough road trip to a confident hawthorn, the reigning premiers will be up against it.

Is that like saying "Im not racist... but..." ?

"Here is a bunch of free kicks which should have been paid to Geelong. Oh, but Geelong got basically all the free kicks in the final quarter. Look over there, a unicorn !!!"
Is that like saying "Im not racist... but..." ?

"Here is a bunch of free kicks which should have been paid to Geelong. Oh, but Geelong got basically all the free kicks in the final quarter. Look over there, a unicorn !!!"
D65517FF-4CDE-45AE-8641-FFB00636912F.png

Jesus 75 pages of whinging and not one mention of what actually cost Geelong the game - Rhys Stanley in the ruck vs McEvoy.

Big Boy was huge last week against Grundy too. Mitchell keeps stealing his Brownlow votes. Did it all last year too. McEvoy our clear 2nd best player behind Mitchell.

Agree he did little
Rioli is a "one percenter"champion ( do you know what that means at all?) and is regaining fitness, he does things you people don't see. It means really that if you think he didn't do much you are not watching properly or you know absolutely nothing about football. I am serious. Like the half brains that knock Poppy and Roughy and there are a few pea brains that know stuff all as well.

Danger up forward still got us a couple of goals.

Stanley, though he did kick two, he got smashed.
Ya know I said to someone I was watching it with, when Roughead pushed Stanley out of the way easily, took it out of the ruck and kicked a point at the start of the last, that point could be handy...

Probably needed just to stand wherever McEvoy was going to hit it uncontested, usually to Mitchell.

Good god we need a decent ruck man.

I have hope still for Thurlow (despite both Jack Henry and Mark O'Connor being selected ahead of him today :think:) but to know we could have had Brodie Grundy instead of him is hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Kelly was pretty good?

Please try and remember this ridiculous 'holy trinity' bullshit annoys us as much as anyone.
I know. Im in a juvenile mood. This is rare territory these days...

Kelly was good and Menzel was outstanding.

But there really are depth issues at Geelong. As there are at Hawthorn but we're not being touted as top 4 material.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ya know I said to someone I was watching it with, when Roughead pushed Stanley out of the way easily, took it out of the ruck and kicked a point at the start of the last, that point could be handy...

Lol, I said something very similar when GAJ went around the corner and DIDNT get a point. Would have brought it back to 18 at the time.

Good game of footy, but Geelong lost when Dangerfield burnt Ablett going out of the centre in the dying minutes. With Ablett jr running past on his left Dangerfield opted to go himself and go long, but he turned it over. I won't say it lost Geelong the game, but they could have done with that extra opportunity to go forward cleanly. Just things I notice. Ablett was in the clear and would have did something with it. Difference between winning and losing.

But there really are depth issues at Geelong. As there are at Hawthorn but we're not being touted as top 4 material.

Certainly played a lot younger and less experienced side than Hawthorn today, through injury and some interesting selection imo.

Duncan Taylor Selwood Henderson push out some of those players that just aren't ready for it.

Good game of footy, but Geelong lost when Dangerfield burnt Ablett going out of the centre in the dying minutes. With Ablett jr running past on his left Dangerfield opted to go himself and go long, but he turned it over. I won't say it lost Geelong the game, but they could have done with that extra opportunity to go forward cleanly. Just things I notice. Ablett was in the clear and would have did something with it. Difference between winning and losing.

Guthrie's rubbish tumbling punt when he had other options in the final minute or so is what stuck out for me.

Hawthorn play better as a team at present, but so they should. They know their structures like no other, and still play to their game plan like no other. Geelong as a team is just coming together, and its going to take them a little longer.

Guthrie's rubbish tumbling punt when he had other options in the final minute or so is what stuck out for me.

There was also a contest involving Guthrie late in the game when he didn't want to pick the football up in the contest, but not that anyone around him was exactly throwing themselves on it either. It was weird because it looked like no one wanted to go for it. Was just outside Hawthorns 50.

Whens Razor get a guernsey?
I'm not low enough to mention the umps but yeah he'll probably get his Hawthorn guernsey in the mail this week.

I agree his umpiring was shocking, he let the Hawks players continually drop the ball in the tackle but no whistle.

This deliberate out of bounds that weren't given at the end were absolutely shocking.

No surprise that Razor is in fact a Hawthorn fan!

;)

View attachment 477898
View attachment 477899

SUMMARY
The role of the tagger will be under strong consideration from both coaches as stars Gary Ablett, Joel Selwood and Tom Mitchell lock horns after a combined 132 disposals in round one. While Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley refused to lock down on Mitchell, Cats coach Chris Scott says he has plans in place to stop the Hawthorn ball magnet after Mitchell's record-breaking 54 possessions in round one. Teammate Cyril Rioli passed the opening-round test after a late start to pre-season and is set to give the Cats' small defenders more headaches alongside Luke Breust (four goals). Harry Taylor's injury sees him join Lachie Henderson (knee), Andrew Mackie and Tom Lonergan (retirements) as key outs from Geelong's defensive unit since last year. The Hawks will be kept on their toes themselves, as a guy named Ablett is joined by Patrick Dangerfield and Joel Selwood for the first time. Last year Ablett had 37 and 36 disposals and kicked two goals in both games against the Hawks.

WHERE AND WHEN: MCG, Monday, April 2, 3.20pm AEST

TV AND RADIO: Click here for broadcast guide

LAST FIVE TIMES
R17, 2017: Geelong 13.10 (88) d Hawthorn 12.13 (85) at the MCG
R4, 2017: Geelong 20.14 (134) d Hawthorn 6.12 (48) at the MCG
QF, 2016: Geelong 12.13 (85) d Hawthorn 12.11 (83) at the MCG
R1, 2016: Geelong 18.8 (116) d Hawthorn 12.14 (86) at the MCG
R20, 2015: Hawthorn 19.7 (121) d Geelong 12.13 (85) at the MCG

THE SIX POINTS
1. Patrick Dangerfield put the Hawks to the sword in both Geelong wins against the Hawks last year. He picked up 27 disposals in round four, before kicking 5.6 in a match-winning three-vote performance in round 17.

2. Geelong was equal-second in round one for contested marks and sixth for marks inside 50 – thanks largely to Daniel Menzel's dominant display. The Hawks ranked 17th in the competition for contested marks, with six against the Pies.

3. The Cats were the competition's most efficient side going inside 50 in the opening round, managing 27 scoring shots from 41 entries – losing the count to Melbourne by 23. Their 66 per cent efficiency rate smashed the competition average of 43 per cent from the first week.

4. In four Easter Monday clashes from 2010-14, the average winning margin was just nine points. In the three encounters since, an average of 59 points has decided the blockbuster.

5. As Jeff Kennett returns to face the Cats for the first time in his second stint as Hawthorn president, his infamous 'Kennett Curse' still lingers. The Hawks lost their next 11 matches against Geelong after his post-2008 Grand Final comments questioned the Cats' mental state, including seven before his tenure ended in 2011.

6. Hawthorn ruckman Ben McEvoy has moved to his highest career ranking of 35th in the Schick AFL Player Ratings. McEvoy sits third for ruckmen in the competition behind Melbourne's Max Gawn and Kangaroo Todd Goldstein. Cat Zac Smith is seventh.

IT'S A BIG WEEK FOR …
Cat Mark Blicavs, as he takes the next step in his defensive development. Moved down back to counter the loss of Harry Taylor against the Demons, Blicavs will be called upon for another role on Jack Gunston or Jarryd Roughead.

PREDICTION: Geelong by 11 points.

The views in this article are those of the author and not necessarily those of the AFL or its clubs

Man that was a bullshit match , Geelong should of won it is unfair but they where close , but good match by Geelong and hawthorn but * it was annoying, unfair , s**t umpires , s**t hawthorn crowd it pisses me off badly man honestly man , there been cheating way to much the umpires don't understand, they can't see it I can everyone but hawks and umpires can see there cheating, they should get kick out of the afl , but anyway it was still a good match can't complain about that one , very on the edge of the seat footy and it is crazy man.
Ps just keep in mind the 2008 gf that how much they cheat , and it should be allowed and don't pick on me because I can't spell right that rude and anyone can do that peace out .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back