AFL 2018 - R2 - Geelong v Hawthorn, 3.20pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez a rare treat where both sides score > 110 and big footy whinges about umpiring.

How do people feel about the higher scoring footy? Some of the goals do seem a bit too easy at times, and when it gets serious there'll be more defensive pressure, but it is quite refreshing to see.

Geez a rare treat where both sides score > 110 and big footy whinges about umpiring.

How do people feel about the higher scoring footy? Some of the goals do seem a bit too easy at times, and when it gets serious there'll be more defensive pressure, but it is quite refreshing to see.

Well the final term umpiring did seem unusual, but yeah, the high scoring was great. Its been high scores all around over the first 2 rounds really. There has only been one game where the winner got less than 94 points so far this season, and that was the game played in a lake between GC and Roos in round 1.

Was a great game, hawthorn really did have the upper hand for most of the day and should of been further in front. Wouldn’t mind seeing the scores from free kicks, think it would be fairly one sided. Was a great game none the less. Although my tune might of changed if the scores were reversed haha

Yeah will be interesting if Sicily goes and Burgoyne doesn't come up, absolute cracking game next week Hawks v Tiges.

If the Hawks fans come out we should get an all-time record crowd for a game between the clubs? Never met in a final, right? So could be on the cards.

For the second week in a row the Hawks have surprised to the upside. Abused by the umps in the last quarter but still came through. Not sure Roughie will get as many marks that close to goal next week...but how do we cover Mitchell..can't wait!

The AFL watching public just want cheats like selwood banned. Simple as that. Its only geelong fans holding the game in disrepute supporting this grub. History wont be kind. We all know Geelong have a huge advantage in every game . Win games and flags with ducking = no respect from anyone other than your own supporters. Enjoy the hollow flags. The rest of us shake our heads in disgust at selwoods tactics that symbolize the geelong culture for the last 10 years

What you guys did on good friday had the footy world shaking their heads. Though it does symbolise your weak club.

Well done to the hawks today..Definitely deserved a win. Cats have alot of homework to do on their defensive structures.

Hawks deserve to be out right Premiership favourites. If they manage a threepeat in this uncompromised draft period then they will deserve all the praise they get this time around, no ifs or buts.

The AFL watching public just want cheats like selwood banned. Simple as that. Its only geelong fans holding the game in disrepute supporting this grub. History wont be kind. We all know Geelong have a huge advantage in every game . Win games and flags with ducking = no respect from anyone other than your own supporters. Enjoy the hollow flags. The rest of us shake our heads in disgust at selwoods tactics that symbolize the geelong culture for the last 10 years

Ok. We will enjoy the hollow flags and you can continue to enjoy.............., nothing.

Go back and watch it again - Hawks continually push the boundaries, and get pinged for it occasionally.

You can't just put the whistle away because the Hawks want to drag the game down.

Unbelievable... actually, I believe it.

Last edited:
Did pretty well considering no Duncan, Taylor, Henderson and S.Selwood. If we had our 4th best player, tagged and our 2 best backmen, I have no doubt the result would have been different. Well done Hawthorn - took the opportunity when Geelong was vulnerable.

Frawley, Birchall out and Burgoyne during game leaving us a man short.

We can both play that card.

Posted on another thread, but have to post it here too. Selwood is a ducker and an embarassment to watch. It's a disgrace the way he ducks and then whinges for free kicks on the odd occasion when one isn't paid to him. I can't stand the bloke. He will never be a good player in the eyes of many fans. Dangerfield is starting to become just like him, playing for frees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Posted on another thread, but have to post it here too. Selwood is a ducker and an embarassment to watch. It's a disgrace the way he ducks and then whinges for free kicks on the odd occasion when one isn't paid to him. I can't stand the bloke. He will never be a good player in the eyes of many fans. Dangerfield is starting to become just like him, playing for frees.

Selwood whinges even when he is not involved in the play, probably at the umpires house whinging

Did pretty well considering no Duncan, Taylor, Henderson and S.Selwood. If we had our 4th best player, tagged and our 2 best backmen, I have no doubt the result would have been different. Well done Hawthorn - took the opportunity when Geelong was vulnerable.

Is S.Selwood still playing? I thought his career was over after he'd dropped out of the Eagle's best 22 a few years back.

If Hawthorn had Frawley and Birchall, didn't lose Burgoyne in the first quarter, leaving us down a rotation, and didn't have Rioli, Stratton and O'Meara getting back touch after most of last year out of the game, I'm sure the result wouldn't have even been close. And that is without factoring in what most of the neutrals seem to be characterising as a massive umpire led comeback in the last quarter.

Burton has been poor today

Out of form it seems. Was poor in JLT too, although he was poor in JLT last year and came good quickly when the season proper started. Hopefully works his way into the season. We certainly need him in form with Birchall and now Frawley out. We will not win that many games if we keep conceding 117 points against teams with key forwards like Hawkins.

Another classic contest in easily the greatest rivalry over the last decade.

Cats, well the *ers just never go away, and nearly punched another one from us.

Good solid win, thought we had a few down and lost Burgoyne early, whilst the cats were missing several key players too.

Always important yo beat potential finalists, so happy to win it

It was a bloody good game of footy.

Plus we didn't have Ollie. :)

LMAO at Guthrie turning it over twice in the last minute to cost Geeloing any chance of winning, loved it, what's he got to say now ? Karma :)

Both sides won't feature in September. Geelong have a lot of problems, i don't believe the terrific three will work and they have a lot of passengers. The Hawks have won two, but haven't beaten a good side yet. Both will lose heavily next week.

Both sides won't feature in September. Geelong have a lot of problems, i don't believe the terrific three will work and they have a lot of passengers. The Hawks have won two, but haven't beaten a good side yet. Both will lose heavily next week.
I’m no fan of geelong however they will play finals, will win majority of their kardinia Park games and pinch a few others to make it. Won’t seriously challenge however. Hawks so far are looking good however like to see a few more games before they convince me. 75,000 - 80,000 at the g next Sunday in a massive game against the tigers will tell us more.

Is S.Selwood still playing? I thought his career was over after he'd dropped out of the Eagle's best 22 a few years back.

If Hawthorn had Frawley and Birchall, didn't lose Burgoyne in the first quarter, leaving us down a rotation, and didn't have Rioli, Stratton and O'Meara getting back touch after most of last year out of the game, I'm sure the result wouldn't have even been close. And that is without factoring in what most of the neutrals seem to be characterising as a massive umpire led comeback in the last quarter.

Ah yes, standard hk post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back