AFL 2018 - R2 - Geelong v Hawthorn, 3.20pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Watch the replay three players are umpired under different rules. Cyril holding the ball in last 2 mins disgraceful. Please explain the cheating in 08 when your mob we’re outplayed .

Yea but you campaigners cheated you kept rushing the ball over , that's bad sportsmanship they knew they couldn't win in less they rushed the ball over , no every player has the same rules not different rules other wise that cheating it like treating frankin better then Ablett it just can't happen you goy , I hate when anytime weather it be Geelong or anyone that holds the ball in the last few mins pisses me off when it a close match , it just makes it boring I like the interesting matches that are right to the wire .

why should Geelong have won? They had 20 less inside 50's, 6 less clearances and scoring shots were 27 - 33.

What got Geelong back in it?

1 Hawthorn were a man down nearly the entire game and ran out of legs
2 Favorable umpiring in the last 15 minutes of the game
3 Hawthorn with some costly misses. Gunstan missed 2 in a row and Bruest missed one from right in front as did O'Brien.

I don't know why you think Geelong should have won, it was just a combination of lucky events that got them as close as they did....

That does not make sense plus you shouldn't have a opinion on this you are a magpies supporter , that is not even remotely close to your team so no is my final answer to you.

But your default position is every every free kick paid to geelong is wrong. So therefore you are bound to always be outraged
WRONG, I never said all Geelong's frees are wrong at all, what I said is the problem is not what Geelong get , its what is not given , not called or simply missed ,for Hawthorn yesterday.
I also said last year it happened too, I also wonder why the shoulder drop which was going to be eased up on, because of players that duck into frees is still prevalent in a certain player who has created a serious skill of getting round the neck frees, to a point where it is his landmark activity, his other mate just gets everything , and the new returnee super hero , well he's been looked after all his career, what I wonder is these blokes are great players why do they get favoured , almost unconsciously by umpires.
Do umpires actually deliberately not call things or just simply don't see, and there are three of them.
I only whinge when I see things, and I see every week stuff that I don't understand , but the calling last quarter , yesterday, every football follower should be concerned about that, no matter who they follow.

No, I was watching pretty closely this particular game and he didn't seem to have much impact. In this game.
He had enough, to say he was doing nothing is wrong , Rioli does not have to perform magical football and get kicks and run down players, every minute,
he does unseen things, now if you would want a witness Rough on THE COUCH last night made those comments about Poppy too.
As well Cyril is still reaching peak, he's been away from the club.

And the repeated footage of the Selwood one? Doesn’t suit the narrative so don’t mention it.
No ones arguing the proper frees, its the bias sometimes that's the argument, it was on show , hell you must have seen it.

Watch the free stats, but I have my own opinion of the frees and stats, and some mornings after footy you look at the paper and faint from disbelief , ststs are bullshit wone week to the next, And free kick stats always appear to make it look OK after the fact!

Not sure if you or your brethren would find me decent but I’ll reply.

I thought the Cyril one should have been play on. Or they should have paid the free against Danger a moment earlier.

Yes, Selwood has mastered the art of dropping the knees and lifting the arms. But he’s going to keep doing it until umpires stop paying it. Nine times out of ten he’s off and running anyway when the umpire blows his whistle so I don’t think it would change his game.

I love Joel but I don’t always like the pleading to the umpires however it’s been a successful tactic for him and again, he’s going to keep doing it until they stop paying it.

I laugh at the hate for him on here. If you’re that worked up about it, direct your ‘hate’ to the AFL or the umpiring department. He’s playing to the rules. He isn’t cheating. To be frank, your vent in capitals was a juvenile act and embarrassing. I could he worked up about Poppy, Schuey or others but what’s the point? Venting on an Internet forum isn’t going to change it.

Hawks got the job done and were the better team. They deserved their win. Enjoy it.

I will enjoy, but juvenile? sometimes I emphasise things that ruin a game .

Really this stuff happens all the time. Look I don't hate your club and I am surprised that it seems you've never read what I have said in the past.

Yesterday I got infuriated with the umpires , but I have been talking about the AFL rule changing and fiddling with the game for years, and I do believe that players use these petty changes to get away with stuff, Selwood is an expert at it, and yes he will keep doing it until these umpires stop paying it.

So my question to you is, why is that , why don't they stop paying it? Its a good question.

Ray Chamberlain and that other experienced umpire , I don't know his name, they must know Selwood well by now , we all do , we all really do.

So why do they pay it to him all the time?

Yes Poppy does but very rarely , Selwood has made a practiced skill out of something that is bordering on cheating.
But once again this was about what frees just got ignored , both sides too.

But my side as per usual get the shitty end of the stick when we play your club.

Don't be fooled, I know how good your team is, so I'm not knocking your team I'm simply seeing inadequacies in the rules and umpires scoring goals for clubs.
It never used to be any where near this bad.
And when you lose because of it, it is enraging, we won, by a point , we out played your team yesterday most of the match , a couple of comebacks for Geelong with help and yes, also great play , but we held sway and still had to fight the rule book and mis judgement to scrounge a win.

So my friend I appreciate your frankness, the major point is 9 games a week , and every one has anomalies in the umpiring , sometimes to a point where it becomes unwatchable.

I sort of think that's a problem yes no? And I watch quite a few games weekly , and it happens to everyone.

If the younger public accept this fiddling by AFL pencil pushers.
And give umpires a power with petty fifties, as well, that help teams score! Then the game's in trouble, and the gambling , that too is a dangerous thing .

Also we should be able to converse without insults at the end of a post too mate.

Pffft spare us, Rioli was given a free ride up until 2016. I’ve literally seen him duck his head into Nathan Jones, reel back and be awarded a free kick. Jones actually smirked it was that stupid.

Don’t talk about free rides mate when you’ve had plenty.
No wrong, Rioli does one thing , that is fight for the football, fight like a man possesed , if you can't tel the difference , watch another sport. Don't knock a champion, I dislike quite purely Selwood, but I know how good he is, so learn from that , you might understand. Thanks?

No wrong, Rioli does one thing , that is fight for the football, fight like a man possesed , if you can't tel the difference , watch another sport. Don't knock a champion, I dislike quite purely Selwood, but I know how good he is, so learn from that , you might understand. Thanks?
Selwood is a champion, don’t knock him. You don’t think he doesn’t do those things you listed above? I suggest you watch another sport if you think so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yea but you campaigners cheated you kept rushing the ball over , that's bad sportsmanship they knew they couldn't win in less they rushed the ball over , no every player has the same rules not different rules other wise that cheating it like treating frankin better then Ablett it just can't happen you goy , I hate when anytime weather it be Geelong or anyone that holds the ball in the last few mins pisses me off when it a close match , it just makes it boring I like the interesting matches that are right to the wire .
Honestly, the Hawks weren't the only team to be using that 'rushed behind' tactic. It was going on all year and nobody cried about it until Geelong lost the Grand Final in 2008.

Also, the reason they lost 2008 had more to do with Tom Harley being concussed in the second quarter, and Cameron Mooney having an absolute mare (to put this into context, in the 2007 GF they had a dominant spearhead in Mooney when he scored 5 goals, 1 behind - but in 2008 Mooney couldn't hit the side of a barn). People also forget how putrid Stokes and Varcoe played in that game, too. Geelong literally had no tall talent in their forward line firing (the loss of Nathan Ablett was a big loss) and it's pretty obvious they were soundly trounced when it came to outside run.

Cheating would imply we were breaking the rules. Rushing behinds in that fashion at the time was completely legal and was a brilliant piece of coaching.

Yea bloody Nathan Ablett just want the sliver wear, after that he basically left that user , and mooney was pretty bad in that match , and most Geelong fans say tom Harley was a cats hero I don't think so he was pretty annoying, and * stokes he's a arsehole as well and varcore went to magpies and went s**t .

Cheating would imply we were breaking the rules. Rushing behinds in that fashion at the time was completely legal and was a brilliant piece of coaching.

* Clarkson he's a w***er lol he's ok I guess not as good as Leigh Matthews he's legendary.

Another one who think the free kick count should be even.

Maybe the Hawthorn players should stop doing illegal things in an effort to save the game? Then they wouldn't have free kicks paid against them?

Grow a brain, you'll find it useful.
I dont care about the umpiring but mate i noticed a trend in ure posting to say hawthorn were playing illegally or close to the line as opposed to your team who were trying to draw a free kick. Every team plays to their strengths and weaknesses right ;) :D. Seriously umpires make mistakes like players. Great game as usual till next time :thumbsu:

I dont care about the umpiring but mate i noticed a trend in ure posting to say hawthorn were playing illegally or close to the line as opposed to your team who were trying to draw a free kick. Every team plays to their strengths and weaknesses right ;) :D. Seriously umpires make mistakes like players. Great game as usual till next time :thumbsu:

Glad you agree. Would like some evidence of this 'trying to draw free kicks' but I'm not holding my breath.

He had enough, to say he was doing nothing is wrong , Rioli does not have to perform magical football and get kicks and run down players, every minute,
he does unseen things, now if you would want a witness Rough on THE COUCH last night made those comments about Poppy too.
As well Cyril is still reaching peak, he's been away from the club.
Nope you have jumped the shark with this one. Yesterday, he had 7 touches, that were neither special nor delicious. Pretty simple.
He will of course get better -been a long break and it’s only a matter of time before he will impact in important ways on games. And it will be a pleasure to watch.

If that's true then your comment makes even less sense.

Richmond's drops dramatically after Martin/Rance, so what?
The reality is the Cats are not much good, it's a patchy line up with little defence, Hawkins has had it up forward and they are relying on a bloke they wanted to get rid of to kick all their goals! The holy trinity is the "all eggs in one basket" theory and it won't work for an entire season. I can see Geelong winning 9 or 10 games largely due to home ground wins, but that will have them battling the Hawks for 9th or 10th at the end of the year! I tipped Geelong to miss the 8 pre season and i've seen nothing to change my mind, it's sad, but that's the way it is. They should beat the Eagles easily, but they won't.

The reality is the Cats are not much good, it's a patchy line up with little defence, Hawkins has had it up forward and they are relying on a bloke they wanted to get rid of to kick all their goals! The holy trinity is the "all eggs in one basket" theory and it won't work for an entire season. I can see Geelong winning 9 or 10 games largely due to home ground wins, but that will have them battling the Hawks for 9th or 10th at the end of the year! I tipped Geelong to miss the 8 pre season and i've seen nothing to change my mind, it's sad, but that's the way it is. They should beat the Eagles easily, but they won't.

I agree with some of this, but I don't think Ablett returning had any follow on effect in terms of our list - which invalidates your 'eggs in one basket' comment.

The club really didn't plan well for the loss of so many key defenders over the last few years, but with Taylor and/or Henderson back we probably win this game. Without that I think we will definitely struggle - at the moment this is almost a rebuilding year with playing 12 players under 50 games.

Nope you have jumped the shark with this one. Yesterday, he had 7 touches, that were neither special nor delicious. Pretty simple.
He will of course get better -been a long break and it’s only a matter of time before he will impact in important ways on games. And it will be a pleasure to watch.
Its simple alright the ones that do the 1%ers so your team mates do the rest, you need to look deeper at what makes a footballer and what tactics are being delivered , Cyril does a job, but I guess if you can fool umpires into paying you numerous around the neck too high s' then your doing some kind of job too, don't know what , but something?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back