Autopsy AFL 2018 R20: Liked, Learnt & Hated

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked: Saturday, the bestest day of televised footy ever. And Sydney's jumper.
Learned: the Showdown and the Derby should be given feature timeslots
Hated: umpiring is the game's weakest link

Last edited:
Liked - the tigers winning again
- super close Saturday
- blues losing by 100 points to a 16 man giants... fills me with joy.
- ken Hinkleys honesty regarding the goal review system as a whole, it’s amateur hour.

Learnt - cats could be the only side ever to win the flag from outside the 8.
- Brad Scott is not the biggest flog in his family
- a raffle between 4-5 clubs as to who we play in the qualifying final, don’t care who it is.

Hated - gaff hit, shocking stuff. Eagles fans trying to downplay it to a 4-5 week suspension.

Last edited:

Liked: Alex Johnson coming back from injury, Nathan Freeman making his debut and five close games.
Learnt: Lance Franklin is still a quality player.
Hated: The Magpies losing a close contest!

Liked: Fremantle's response to the Gaff hit. Completely within the rules despite what Michael Christian has said about it.
Learnt: David King is an absolute flog for wanting to give Gaff a cuddle. Brayshaw is the victim here not Gaff
Hated: Gaff hit, umpiring in the Western Derby, losing to that morally bankrupt club who treat it as their Grand Final for the 7th straight time, Michael Johnson being fined for rough conduct even though he didn't even collect Gaff high.

Liked - the close finishes, especially the Friday night game. Loved it.

Learnt - Friday and Saturday matches proved we don't need any changes to the game.

Hated - Ablett haters out in full force, blaming his age for miss on goal.

#quoting this post and Ablett bashing is a copyright infringement. This is my work and I own the full rights. Any unauthorized quoting, reproduction, copied in another comment etc and I will pursue legal action.

Like: - The closeness of the games in the first half of the round. Yet the game is in trouble according to the powers-that-be.

Learnt: - You can say something in the lead up to a game and get no reaction, but if you say the same thing in a post-match press conference all hell breaks loose.
- Only Richmond had missing players on Friday night and coasted through the game and would've won by 10 goals plus if they could have been stuffed getting out of first gear. On the other hand, Geelong were at full-strength and played the game of their lives to just get close to the all-conquering juggernaut that is Richmond.

Hated: - The Gaff hit. If he did it out the back of the stand, he'd be facing assault charges.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LIKED-
Buddy
Melbourne
HATED-
Gaffs effort
West Coast supporters being West Coast supporters
Learnt-
The game is still being run by dick heads
Essendon need Cripps and Ryder

Liked : Winning. Keeping our slim finals hopes alive. Next challenge : GWS

Learnt: Nothing, already know everything.

Hated: Ports sooking after losing. Sooking to the afl after the goal was confirmed a goal by the goal umpire, confirmed a goal by the umpire review, confirmed a goal via an official afl statement. Still they cry and send a letter to the afl. Tbh I don't mind the tears and melts, just a bad look, especially when you carry on like Ken head after winning a showdown finally earlier in the yr when you win, then carry on like this when you lose. Sad.

LEARNT: (i) Some (not all) Richmond supporters are still unaccustomed to their team being No.1 and think any observational commentary, e.g., a lot of things have to go right to win a premiership; and Richmond is beatable; must be interpreted as sour grapes and criticism;
(ii) The gross over use of the term 'Salty" by Richmond supporters
and yet you inserted the word salty into my post....
cant be any salty tears of defeat when you win...
how does it feel to replicate the pies moral victory?

Learnt: The game is in good shape; five out of nine games with a margin of under a goal shows not much needs to change.

Tell the media this. So many teams have had moral victories against us according to them.

If you take out the 4pts we got in each of our moral losses, we'd be out of the running for finals.

Liked: some close games of footy, probably no need for even further rule changes.

Learned: Some Carlton bigfooty posters are in a dreamland and waaaayyyy to sensitive, every blues supporter I talk to in the real world acknowledges how crap we are ATM, Bolton is miles off a decent gameplan.

Hated: Probably seeing the end of a friendship with Gaff and the Brayshaw boys, you just played golf with them WTF???

LEARNT: (i) Some (not all) Richmond supporters are still unaccustomed to their team being No.1 and think any observational commentary, e.g., a lot of things have to go right to win a premiership; and Richmond is beatable; must be interpreted as sour grapes and criticism;
(ii) The gross over use of the term 'Salty" by Richmond supporters

I agree a lot of things have to go right to win a grand final..
I also agree we are beatable... Same as every other club..
I also agree with your statement about the overuse of the term "salty " ...henceforth I shall use the word sweaty instead of salty when describing opposition supporters

Liked:
- Fages and the boys getting around Cam Rayner after his missed goal and Cam addressing the players meeting on the Monday.
- The close games over the weekend #thegameisbroken

Learnt:
- Sydney always win when I expect them not too.
- GWS (if they can stop getting injured) might just be the biggest threat to the Tiges.

Hated:
- The obvious, i've always been a fan of Gaff but absolutely piss poor.

We had a real win against yas earlier in the year. No one in the media seems to focus on that much?
You had set yourselves up for that match all summer. For us it was just another game. Played poorly and yet we were still only 9 points down in the last quarter....
I actually thought that gave us a lot of confidence knowing that despite playing our poorest game, we were still in it till the last 15 minutes.

Liked: Pumped Cockburn Dockers again.
Learnt: There's more salt within the confines of the Dockers board than the entire Port of Fremantle.
Hated: Another player down heading into the Finals.

Liked- Chance of Eagles flag gone
Learnt- A leopard doesn't change his spots
Hated- The Filth up the road more than ever

Remove this Banner Ad

Back