AFL 2018 R21: Essendon v St Kilda - 19:50 AEST, Aug 10, 2018. Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

They would have to beat Port in Round 23, you are hoping they make it?

if port can't beat freo or the crows or an injury depleted eagles or the dons, then we are wasting time in september

Nah it looks pretty bad.
Even rock bottom Carlton have a couple of genuine stars in Cripps and Charlie to get excited about. Maybe even Dow and McKay.
Who do the Saints have?

They only thing that can save them is free agency. If they don't land a few big names, they are stuffed for years to come. Because if they go to the draft, it will take 2 - 3 years to develop the players they get, and they have nothing of value to trade out. Their only real option is to hit free agency hard and try to prize guys like Gaff and Hanneberry in an attempt to have some leadership.

Nah it looks pretty bad.
Even rock bottom Carlton have a couple of genuine stars in Cripps and Charlie to get excited about. Maybe even Dow and McKay.
Who do the Saints have?

Don't need them, Carlton already have them playing elite football and they are still crap, system is far more important than stars. The Saints have the speed to execute a pressure game if they get their coaching and messaging right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I genuinely feel sorry for saints supporters having to put up with Richardson.
Even more so given there's a top to bottom look at the coaching staff going on, is it true the board or whoever has told them Richardson's off limits / untouchable?
Who knows.
Richardson has an extension to his contract.
Leveathan and co will review everything else and see if they can tidy up the football dept - assistant coaches etc.
Put everything in place as best as possible and then see if Richardson is up to it.
Wouldn't want to have to pay him out.
No good bringing in a new coach in any case until the review has been finished, structures put in place and new management bedded in.
Best to wait until the off-season.

Can't always keep changing coaches looking for the messiah.
I remember similar situation for Hardwick and Buckley.

....Gresham is a talent.
Too early to call on players like Battle, Coffield, Phillips etc....but yeah pretty light on.
Beat the Tigers last year though, didn't they.

Forgot Gresham honest mistake there but jeez it’s light after those 3.

They only thing that can save them is free agency. If they don't land a few big names, they are stuffed for years to come. Because if they go to the draft, it will take 2 - 3 years to develop the players they get, and they have nothing of value to trade out. Their only real option is to hit free agency hard and try to prize guys like Gaff and Hanneberry in an attempt to have some leadership.
I don't even think FA can save them. It might net them a couple of players but it won't improve them significantly.
And frankly I don't think Hannebery is who they should be chasing to help them improve. I reckon his best is behind him.

Gee the media flogfest about the Bombers still being a chance to make the finals is cringeworthy.
A lot of things need to go right to be even a remote chance.

Same as the Crows...…..no chance
Anything to keep people interested enough to watch I guess

Why do they keep talking about Saad not being aware, that shouldn't be taken into consideration at all, the act is either illegal or not.

I think they are talking about Saad still being in play, so there is an amount of responsibility Saad has in regards to contact.

If the ball is not near you, you should not be expecting any contact of that sort.

is that goose for real? 3-5 weeks?
Had enough of the footy media jumping on current issues and sensationalising them to drive attention as fast and far as possible until it gets out of the car and vomits!
Fox had is 4-6. Riewoldt included.

I can’t understand the seeming defence of Richardson from the media. I’ve even heard multiple comparisons to Hardwick ffs.

The Saints are an absolute rabble. They don’t give a s**t, they have no effort in them and basically every player in the side is playing well below what they’ve previously shown.

Richardson either has no idea or they don’t listen to a word he says. Either way he’s toast.

I think they are talking about Saad still being in play, so there is an amount of responsibility Saad has in regards to contact.

If the ball is not near you, you should not be expecting any contact of that sort.

Agree but if he'd been aware it wouldn't have effected the legality of the bump as it was still very late.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back