AFL 2018 R21 : HAWTHORN V GEELONG CATS - MCG -13:45 AEST, AUG 11, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s right, you’re mongs who get a leg up because you have players who are apparently above the rules.

Nice to get you with all that help.

Like blokes who can drop the ball after conceding a free or hoof the ball 50m away after giving away a free and not concede a 50m penalty, when earlier in the game a Geelong player kicked the ball away as the umpire had blown his whistle to give a free kick and was marched back 50m?

And don't get me started on the marks that weren't paid to Hawkins or Henderson, or the conceded point which wasn't paid even though both the goal umpire AND boundary umpire had signalled it.

Good to see a close (enough) finish. Love the rivalry and long may it live. It's these games that make AFL compulsory viewing. Bad luck Cats supporters. See you next time... possibly in finals!!

Carn the Mighty Hawks!!!

....I'm getting on it!!!! :D

Seriously. Geelong were disgraceful given context of game and team we were playing. Should’ve won that in a canter. Hawks played well given their outs and where they are at. Talent for us should have easily won. We were deplorable today and should be ashamed. Just choked on our season, which had great potential. Don’t kid me that both sides played well - unless you only watched last ten mins

Chris Scott is just feathering his retirement nest at the expense of a poor football club.
It is magnificent to watch!
Embarrassing even.

Pleasing to see such a good game followed by good pressers. Scott is a quick study and wont let an obsession distract him again.

Why aren't you watching that replay instead of being a whiny bitch about the Hawks Cats game today then?
Not living in the past like Geelong supporters I guess? Looking forward to tonight's game against gws.

Welcome to the battle to make the 8 btw.

Weird season hey. Hawks soft draw. Geelong outside the 8 where they deserve to be, couple of 3 point losses to the crows and missing over half our GF team for half the yr and we can still make it. Weird season.

Champion Data’s 2018 fixture rankings, worst to best:
1. Fremantle
2. Richmond
3. West Coast
4. Hawthorn
5. St Kilda
6. GWS
7. Melbourne
8. Adelaide
9. Western Bulldogs
10. Essendon
11. Carlton
12. Brisbane
13. Geelong
14. Sydney
15. Port Adelaide
16. Gold Coast
17. North Melbourne
18. Collingwood

If ever a game was deserved to be won by the Mighty Hawks this one was, Geelong backed by several unbelievable frees, which is a factor you have to put into planning these games because this club gets looked after, and that number 25 umpire is either blind incompetent or he is a cheat.

I don't know why but some of the decisions by the umpires here today have been appalling, against both sides, but much much more to Geelong as in the where the way are given and what they call, I saw frees just ignored to Hawthorn, Ceglar a free in the back Poppy two free in the backs ignored by umpires and that's the ones I saw, 2 goals created by misinterpretation, Dangermouse caught cold in the last quarter free the to him, how often does this man get free kicks he simply doesn't deserve.
Also the last quarter a Geelong player absolutely ducks his head and drops his shoulders,, he gets a "SELWOOD" STYLE OVER THE SHOULDER FREE, I THOUGHT THIS HEAD DUCK WAS SUPPOSED TO BE WATCHED CAREFULLY, WHERE WAS IT , IN THE hAWKS FORWARD LINE, IT IT WAS dANGER OR sELWOOD IN THEIR FORWARD LINE THE FREE WOULD HAVE BEEN TO THEM AND PROBABLY ANOTHER UMPIRES GOAL.

I am not complaining about Geelong's endeavour, or their talent , not by a long shot, I know how good they are, but we were 4 goals better today not 2 goals. , but s**t it would be nice to get some evenness in what and how and why frees are called to Geelong, always to their betterment and it happens to every club that plays them , maybe not the Eagles in Perth.

But to win you usually have to beat the umpires as well. I saw Burgs do an in the back, lucky for him, but that is one piddly instance where I can call that and Hawkins mark in the second quarter, but believe me , The Cats get the rub, and two years ago we saw a match at the MCG and dnagerfields famous come off the ground looking dead and comeback onto the ground, well he got at least 5 frees that day that he kicked his goals with, not meritorious , just umpires goals, never fails.
But we won, make of my comments, what you wish , but even some Cats can't be that blind.
I wonder if its something to do with how their colours look to umpires in a pack or colour clash do they mis-see things or cna't pick whose doing what???
That is a bit far fetched but I am really not imagining this, it is weird. Since Danger went to Geelong he gets everything, and so does Selwood and of course little gazza.
Ridiculously diatribe. Wasted words. You guys got well looked after by umps all day. Some howlers both ways - poor umpiring no doubt but definitely favored you guys today. You should thank lucky stars we were hopeless and gutless today. Any half decent team would’ve beaten you; today we weren’t even that

Chris Scott is just feathering his retirement nest at the expense of a poor football club.
It is magnificent to watch!
Embarrassing even.
He embarrassed himself last week and made some progress this week. Hawks looked way more systematic and some poor goal shooting let the cats back in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha. Knob. Good to see two average teams going at it. At least your s**t list had more endeavor than our average list (any team selecting Parsons must be average)

Second time today I’ve heard the hawks list referred to as s**t by a cats supporter and yet here we are.....

Cats supporters need to stop drinking the Scot bathwater and start thinking for themselves

Scott presser:

Apparently Billy Brownless not able to comment on midfield, because he was a forward. I assume Scott has nothing to do with decisions about Geelong's forward line?

And his private conversations lol.

Hawkins has been in great form but I feel like Frawley will go ok against him.

If we can slow the ball movement inside 50 for the Cats and curtail the damage of Menzel and Danger (when forward) then I think we keep them to a score we beat.

Wasn't exactly due to Frawley getting a hold of him but the premise was right..... contain the damage those 3 can do on the scoreboard and they couldn't kick a score to beat us.

I don't get Geelong

Playing for finals position they come out and start playing football when it's too late.

How many games have they just lost when they had every chance.

U just know when Hawkins has a shot from about 30 out hes gona miss.

Thought they would come out serious today and belt us. Can't work them out.

Take the eye patch off princess. Both teams got a couple of cheap ones and missed out on some obvious ones.

To have this as your 'go-to' when you lose is one thing.

To wank about it until there's spotfires all over your junk when you win is just pathetic mate.

Or perhaps we’re just sick of the bullshit you get whenever we get a few goals ahead?

It’s not like this is the first time.

Round 2 Danger could have pulled a gun out and shot someone and the call would have been play on.

Like blokes who can drop the ball after conceding a free or hoof the ball 50m away after giving away a free and not concede a 50m penalty, when earlier in the game a Geelong player kicked the ball away as the umpire had blown his whistle to give a free kick and was marched back 50m?

And don't get me started on the marks that weren't paid to Hawkins or Henderson, or the conceded point which wasn't paid even though both the goal umpire AND boundary umpire had signalled it.

Henderson clearly didn't hold it but would need to see Hawkins again. That looked a mark. Just saved us getting a free kick from the out on the full though ;)

But yeah we both had some go our way. Overall it wasn't a game where there were a bunch of howlers. Mitchell and Gunston got held at a lot of contests without reward, Danger and Gaz both got away with a few clear HTBs.... I'm sure you guys could pick out your share that didn't go your way too.

Last edited:
Seriously. Geelong were disgraceful given context of game and team we were playing. Should’ve won that in a canter. Hawks played well given their outs and where they are at. Talent for us should have easily won. We were deplorable today and should be ashamed. Just choked on our season, which had great potential. Don’t kid me that both sides played well - unless you only watched last ten mins

You have great talent in your top 4-5.... we have you covered when taking the entire 22 in to account.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back