AFL 2018 R21 : HAWTHORN V GEELONG CATS - MCG -13:45 AEST, AUG 11, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not like he's never won it before.
I didn't expect the Hawks to be a top 4 chance, no. They aren't there yet though.

I would have Simpson ahead of him. Very few people would have expected the Eagles to be top 2/4.

Did anyone point out to this bloke that Clarko actually hasn't been coach of the year?

The media really needs to highlight Ablett's staging this week.

Actually the media needs to highlight umpiring like this. Have a look where Parfitt takes the mark in the first photo, and then look where the umpire sets the mark in the 2nd. Stuff like this was happening all day.

kZQ6d7M.jpg

GPHy6Px.jpg

While you’re at it, can I get a couple of stills of where the mark was set for our 50 out of the centre circle please?
Actually the media needs to highlight umpiring like this. Have a look where Parfitt takes the mark in the first photo, and then look where the umpire sets the mark in the 2nd. Stuff like this was happening all day.

kZQ6d7M.jpg

GPHy6Px.jpg

kZQ6d7M.jpg

GPHy6Px.jpg

Need to see video to see if this merits any attention.

We all know Ablett's staging merits attention. It was pretty average by him.

While you’re at it, can I get a couple of stills of where the mark was set for our 50 out of the centre circle please?

What about where the mark was set at the end when Geelong got a free to Blicavs, then Mitchell looked at the umpire and kicked the ball away anyway? It was set in exactly the same spot!

What about where the mark was set at the end when Geelong got a free to Blicavs, then Mitchell looked at the umpire and kicked the ball away anyway? It was set in exactly the same spot!

It was a 50 and not sure why it wasn’t paid but I think the cats picked up more than there share of soft frees that it balances it out.

I'd like to see why it was even called a free in the first place...reckon that might have something to do with why the ump didn't call 50.

You’re sounding like the Adelaide ‘right in front of me’ supporter

Can you imagine the depths of the geelong fan low tonight after that performance and there you are trying to stick in another irrelevant jibe about our character and cheating - give me a break.

So you want us to all go easy on Geelong fans? Other teams have been copping it for years when they are down - copping it on the chin and wearing it. i should know. Geelong have been some of the most arrogant.

This is what its like to lose and lose when it matters, to the point that expectations are massively adjusted downwards.

Geelong fans will cop it. Get used to it.

There will be no reprieve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was ablett really booed all game?
Yep. Has one of the strongest core stabilities in the history of the game, and yet fell over, flopping all over himself when big, tough Isaac Smith, with those massive guns of his, brushed lightly past him. Of course, the umpy, seeing who it was, almost gave himself a hernia bringing the whistle to his mouth to award him a free kick and present a soft umpire goal to him on a silver platter.....

kZQ6d7M.jpg

GPHy6Px.jpg

Have you analysed where each and every mark was set for the Hawks?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was ablett really booed all game?

Only started after he dived at the contest wth Smith. He could't believe his luck so he did it again a couple of more times. Needs to be shamed this week. Not in the spirit of football. The umpire needs a kick up the arse too.

Have you analysed where each and every mark was set for the Hawks?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He's just having a bit of a melt mate. Had a whinge about Burton stepping outside the box when taking a kick out late in the game as well (and no he didn't step out side the box). Funny how he doesn't have picture of the in the back that Danger got late in the game when it was a clear holding the ball.

Ridiculously diatribe. Wasted words. You guys got well looked after by umps all day. Some howlers both ways - poor umpiring no doubt but definitely favored you guys today. You should thank lucky stars we were hopeless and gutless today. Any half decent team would’ve beaten you; today we weren’t even that

Unnecessary diatribe mate.
When I whinge about this and the umpiring, I am whinging for everyone, every team suffers this complicated frustrating incomprehensible rule adjudicating. I said I know how good Geelong are, but two blatant frees get nothing that's what I saw, I saw Hawkins take a mark I thought was payable , now have a think form your point of view of Geelong, it could have been a goal, but the ump didn't see it as a mark, or did he, THESE BLOKES SPEND AT LEAST 4 TO 6 FREE KICKS AS PAY BACKS FOR BAD ADJUDICATING FROM A PREVIOUS STUFF UP!!!!
I don't give a rats arse whether its a Geelong or Hawthorn or Essendon or what ever team, we all cop it, some sides get it more than others that's what I have experienced with my club and when we play Geelong or the Eagles, and , in a final in Perth a couple of seasons back, the Kangaroos got annihilated by umpires totally stuffing up and maybe crowd influence, but North were killed litterally killed by umps.
I don't know, but what I do know is that for the last several years I who could in years gone by now, pick a free coming up nearly all the time, either at a game on on TV.
Now I can't do that , and twice yesterday players who I thought would get a free didn't or it went the other way, AND NO ONE KNOWS WHY, because the rules can be interpreted any way these prancers seem to see them or perceive them, they don't always seem to understand the feelings of the game the mind set of players, its why we need ex footballers umpiring , it'll never happen, that's why the AFL has to back off and re establish black and white rules in our game,
AND PAY THE BLOODY FREES AND STOP THE NIGGLE THAT CAUSES BLOKE TO LOSE IT!!!!!
Because umpires can change results and we see every week mistakes from them. You reckon they favoured us???? NO I DON'T

BUT THEY ALWAYS FAVOUR SOMEONE IN A GREY INDICTMENT OF OUR GAME.

But this is not about bloody Geelong, its about the AFL admin and its screwing of the game, and the sycophants that comment on it, and money , nothing else.
Football is slipping away, although since the whinging of Healy things are looking a little different, maybe we might have a little luck. Don't count on it.

But if enough of us whinge , maybe all the fans, spectators, members , can stop blaming damned over adjudicating umpires , and watch good football win a match, and maybe ONE lousy free that was a mistake instead, of maybe 3 to 10 or more unknowable frees , leaving me angry and we won and leaving you angry and you lost, I hear you brother.
The game, is yours and mine remember!

Haven't seen any of the media this morning though my friend said Kane Cornes has called Ablett out on his diving?
I know Hawks fans dislike Geelong, but listening to anything Kane Cornes says...

I just watched it and I'm puzzled what the fuss is about. He was pushed and put a foot wrong avoiding Narkle. He didn't even throw his arms out to alert the umpire.

Also was clearly a block early before the ruck contest. If that was allowed, everyone would just deck their opponents and roving would be easy.

Screenshot_20180812-143803_Chrome.jpg

The elbow to the face may have helped him stumble too. Maybe not enough force to be reportable, but clearly a free kick.

20180812_144507.jpg

No need to feed the footy media's attempts to make a story out of nothing.

Last edited:
I know Hawks fans dislike Geelong, but listening to anything Kane Cornes says...

I just watched it and I'm puzzled what the fuss is about. He was pushed and put a foot wrong avoiding Narkle. He didn't even throw his arms out to alert the umpire.

Also was clearly a block early before the ruck contest. If that was allowed, everyone would just deck their opponents and roving would be easy.

View attachment 542018

The elbow to the face may have helped him stumble too. Maybe not enough force to be reportable, but clearly a free kick.

View attachment 542022

No need to feed the footy media's attempts to make a story out of nothing.
OMG this the most classic case of confirmation bias I've ever seen.

Talks about Ablett copping an elbow to the face, but completely ignores Ablett's elbow in Smith's face in the previous photo????

OMG this the most classic case of confirmation bias I've ever seen.

Talks about Ablett copping an elbow to the face, but completely ignores Ablett's elbow in Smith's face in the previous photo????
Yeah, Smith swung it as a retaliation for the high fend off. His elbow was actually kept low until Gaz went neck height with the forearm.

Yeah, Smith swung it as a retaliation for the high fend off. His elbow was actually kept low until Gaz went neck height with the forearm.

So free kick smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back