AFL 2018 R3 West Coast Eagles v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

I missed most of the game. I thought we got a couple of pretty flattering decisions early in the last term, copped a couple of bad ones later on. There was a non-HTB incident before the eagles cut the lead to 3 from memory, where the ball was locked in for about 5-6 seconds, everyone went to sleep, suddenly the ball comes out and West Coast goaled. That was the one that stuck out for me but by all accounts we dodged a bullet with the Masten one.

Oh, and that deliberate call against Henry (?) was farcical.

So now that's all run and won, something has to be done about these score reviews.

DaP8QYgUwAAjhwJ.jpg

It was called a goal onfield, so this was decisive enough to overturn it? How?

So now that's all run and won, something has to be done about these score reviews.

DaP8QYgUwAAjhwJ.jpg

It was called a goal onfield, so this was decisive enough to overturn it? How?

The problem is they didn’t review that frame. They reviewed the frame before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

43a386175c0abeac2004e19a73bb4b09.jpg
Season is done and dusted and the Ablett return sadly is a failure. Scott's future must be in doubt as this is a very ordinary footy team. It will be a long and hurtful season, they might win a few at home, but Geelong are not going to hit double figures in wins this year, they'll be lucky to get 6. The big fall has finally occurred and it's very real!

Season is done and dusted and the Ablett return sadly is a failure. Scott's future must be in doubt as this is a very ordinary footy team. It will be a long and hurtful season, they might win a few at home, but Geelong are not going to hit double figures in wins this year, they'll be lucky to get 6. The big fall has finally occurred and it's very real!

Mate get a grip.

No Duncan, no Henderson, no Taylor, no McCarthy, no established ruckman today (whatever was behind that selection aside from Stanley’s abject shitness last week, would be interesting to find out) and 3 players injured today against the Eagles in Perth.

Without exaggerating, if we win that match today, there’s grounds to say it’s top 5 since our last flag as far as home and away wins go. And for most of the last quarter it looked like happening.

Hahahahahahaha.
We have one player on the bench, our next best midfielder behind the 3 stars out, a steeplechaser rucking against the best ruck of his generation, in Perth, and without our two best defenders

But yeah Ablett hey.
Mate if ablett hadnt got injured i dont think wed have won that - he murdered us in the third.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I missed most of the game. I thought we got a couple of pretty flattering decisions early in the last term, copped a couple of bad ones later on. There was a non-HTB incident before the eagles cut the lead to 3 from memory, where the ball was locked in for about 5-6 seconds, everyone went to sleep, suddenly the ball comes out and West Coast goaled. That was the one that stuck out for me but by all accounts we dodged a bullet with the Masten one.

Oh, and that deliberate call against Henry (?) was farcical.
Yeah it looked like he did slip, however if you don't pay it then you set a precedent for players to fake slipping over

Tears? Lol open the other eye. You reckon the Tom Hawkins touched call was correct do you?
Both were inconclusive. Both should’ve been umpires call. Laughable that they found evidence to OVERTURN Mastens goal. Would also help if they had some half decent cameras.

Overall from the last 8-9 years who would you say has been better?

Pretty sure he was paying you a sincere compliment.

Naitanui is a gem even after the knee. Nuffies will look at the raw disposal and hit-out and mark numbers and say he had a quiet one but the game is played on the field and not on the stats sheet.

Mate if ablett hadnt got injured i dont think wed have won that - he murdered us in the third.

That may well be true, but the pressure and reliance on the absolute top-end goes right up when the depth is stretched. That’s what makes them elite - they cover the weaknesses of the inferior.
Any team with Ablett in it will rely on him. Just as any team with Mitchell, or Fyfe, Danger, or whoever, will rely on them. But the margin for error gets a lot thinner when you’re without a lot of others.

It’s pribably been overlooked exactly who the others were that got injured too. Guthrie isn’t a superstar but he’s a very dependable, solid type. Cockatoo is, in a relatively slow team, our second most explosive player.

Ablett or not, they were fairly big outs

Pretty sure he was paying you a sincere compliment.

Naitanui is a gem even after the knee. Nuffies will look at the raw disposal and hit-out and mark numbers and say he had a quiet one but the game is played on the field and not on the stats sheet.

Yeah I honestly wasn’t sure. Wasn’t asking the question in a narky way either :)

He’s the most unique player I’ve ever seen and I think it was a compliment to him that, probably knowing that we’d lose that battle anyway, he sent Blicavs to him for much of the day so we’d at least have an athletic match up.

An injury to the little master is a big blow and it was always going to happen. Up and going he’s a gun but every person who has an opinion on footy felt it was a massive gamble ....... hope he proves everybody wrong, he’ll spend more weeks out than in!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back