AFL 2018 R3 West Coast Eagles v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate. Read what I said. Based on the frame they showed on the big screen and the ground, which is which they reviewed it off - it was touched. If you go one frame forward, that being the one that i took as a screenshot and posted in my previous comment - it’s a goal

The VAR did not use all the frames. He couldn’t overrule it if he’d gone one frame forward, as i had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you saying the video review was using different footage to what was being shown on telly? Because I saw that fram in the "roll". Hence my reaction when that farcical call was made

How do they not use "all the frames"?

Surely you need to look at the frame where the ball actually comes off the boot. The defender's hand was nowhere near it.

They didn’t use that frame. Watch the replay. They didn’t rock and roll it that far.

Are you saying the video review was using different footage to what was being shown on telly? Because I saw that fram in the "roll". Hence my reaction when that farcical call was made

They showed it initially. But then they concentrated on the frame before it in the last 30 seconds of the review. You could tell they were going to overrule it based on incompetence.

731aa3861c145824088360752f98de73.jpg

How many clubs can cope with their two best and most experienced defenders out? With 1 player on a bench in the last quarter? With an A grade midfielder out two weeks in a row?

We’ve lost two matches, one by a point and one which we led by 15 with 12 minutes to play.

Get a grip
Geelong ran out of legs in a round three game they had in control against a mid table team. The geelong football club need to get a grip and start planning for 2019, they have a very ordinary list and not much going for it. The Saints will have a cake walk next week...then the s**t hits the fan!

They showed it initially. But then they concentrated on the frame before it in the last 30 seconds of the review. You could tell they were going to overrule it based on incompetence.

I am very concerned at how the video review is being used as it allows manipulation within the control room
Can count at least 4-5 distinctly wrong decisions where you can see by the way the vision is being controlled how the decision is going to be made .
The fact that they have all been wrong and overrules seems more than a little co-incidental .
AFL has stamped out even more integrity this season and there is FA left .

Geelong ran out of legs in a round three game they had in control against a mid table team. The geelong football club need to get a grip and start planning for 2019, they have a very ordinary list and not much going for it. The Saints will have a cake walk next week...then the s**t hits the fan!

Like the swans should have started a rebuild 6 weeks into last year I suppose

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were way to loose on him and some of the attempted spoils were inept. Was Barrass wearing a blindfold all afternoon?
It's a good question about the backline.

Shep did quite well but McGovern and Barrass seemed out of their depth against a pretty weak forward line.

If you look at the three games so far, they got comprehensively by Buddy, did well against one of the weakest forward lines in the league last week, and did quite poorly today.

There were too many times today where the defence was a shambles.

It's a good question about the backline.

Shep did quite well but McGovern and Barrass seemed out of their depth against a pretty weak forward line.

If you look at the three games so far, they got comprehensively by Buddy, did well against one of the weakest forward lines in the league last week, and did quite poorly today.

There were too many times today where the defence was a shambles.
There is a case for Schofield to come back and actually play as a lockdown defender if Barrass and McGovern are obsessed with interceptions.

I dunno man. Saints are pretty terrible atm.

lol, did you watch that last 5 or so minutes of the game? He's so far and away the best ruckman in the competition that it isn't funny.
Best tap ruckman in the game il give him that. He just gets credited with alot more influence on games for things that have little substance. Gets noticed for flying for marks rather than taking him but somehow people dont notice he drops the mark. He works hard and plays with aggression butb doesnt influence the game as much as people think he does.

Sinclair is a spud but even he had 14 touches and kicked 3 but no one will say he influenced the game because he doesnt have dreadlocks

There is a case for Schofield to come back and actually play as a lockdown defender if Barrass and McGovern are obsessed with interceptions.
Schofield will always be at least serviceable as a lockdown defender.

I wonder if the width of the new oval is making the intercept marking game more difficult. I find it hard to fault the midfield given it should be better defensively sans Priddis and Mitchell.

I'd love to see two separate scoreboards for this game: one when he was on the ground and one when he was on the bench.
Made a difference to understate it.
That^^^

Hes a force of nature - if he wins the tap and it hits an eagle fine

If he wind the tap and its sharked he goes crazy with second and third efforts to kill the ball and get another hit out.

Best tap ruckman in the game il give him that. He just gets credited with alot more influence on games for things that have little substance. Gets noticed for flying for marks rather than taking him but somehow people dont notice he drops the mark. He works hard and plays with aggression butb doesnt influence the game as much as people think he does.

Sinclair is a spud but even he had 14 touches and kicked 3 but no one will say he influenced the game because he doesnt have dreadlocks

Hahahaha ... typical Swans fan, no idea about how the game actually works but probably leads some form of dream team comp because they are all about stats.

Did you watch the game? Cos if you watched that game and think that NN’s influence is overstated that you lack the capacity for rational discussion. :)

Hahahaha ... typical Swans fan, no idea about how the game actually works but probably leads some form of dream team comp because they are all about stats.

Did you watch the game? Cos if you watched that game and think that NN’s influence is overstated that you lack the capacity for rational discussion. :)

SS has a long term grudge against us.

Don't bother.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back