Autopsy AFL 2018 R6 liked, learnt, hated

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm still waiting to hear how you "do the same thing to all teams that challenge" you? Because you certainly didn't do it to the crows.
All in good time my friend. First we have to make sure you get to the Granny again. Take the 4 points and try to stay thereabouts.

Your coach more-or-less acknowledged that the lead blew out in junk time.

nope, he didnt, more or less
if we kicked 4 goals in first 5 minutes is that junk time? but they all count the same
don't give up on the game til its over, its unprofessional, weak or both
try running a game out maybe

nope, he didnt, more or less
if we kicked 4 goals in first 5 minutes is that junk time? but they all count the same
don't give up on the game til its over, its unprofessional, weak or both
try running a game out maybe

It’s quite possible I misinterpreted Hardwick’s comments as I only heard them second hand.

No, 4 goals in the first 5 minutes wouldn’t be junk time. Kicking a few cheapies at the end when all the sting is well and truly out of the game is junk time. Obviously made no difference to Richmond getting the 4 points though, just the final margin.

Kinda hard for the team to run out the game when they cop 4 in-game injuries. Aish went down and didn’t come back. Howe and Maynard spent extended periods on the bench getting managed. Grundy played the second half on one leg and is likely missing this week. Treloar also in doubt it seems according to some over on the Collingwood board. Of course, none of this could have possibly had anything to do with the final result though right?

All in good time my friend. First we have to make sure you get to the Granny again. Take the 4 points and try to stay thereabouts.
The future tends to take care of itself, but in terms of the season so far, you do concede that in at least one instance already, you have conspicuously failed to “do the same thing to all teams that challenge”?

Kinda hard for the team to run out the game when they cop 4 in-game injuries. Aish went down and didn’t come back. Howe and Maynard spent extended periods on the bench getting managed. Grundy played the second half on one leg and is likely missing this week. Treloar also in doubt it seems according to some over on the Collingwood board. Of course, none of this could have possibly had anything to do with the final result though right?
are they worth 8 goals?
interesting that we didnt cop 4 injuries
is it luck, system or conditioning?

The future tends to take care of itself, but in terms of the season so far, you do concede that in at least one instance already, you have conspicuously failed to “do the same thing to all teams that challenge”?
That was the one game I thought we would drop to be honest. After the Carlton game I didn't think we were running out the games that well which is expected after a late start to the preseason. Same against the Hawks but it seems to be fixed now after the last 2 games. Adelaide in Adelaide seeking revenge was always a bogey game and the Tigers lost. Well done Adelaide. More importantly for me the Tigers have come back and won the last 4 games. It's a long season and you can't win them all. Better to lose to a contender away than to an also ran at home imo.

because we are both sitting top of the ladder, pretty good team to compare to i would have thought

Expectations on Eagles 2018 are still fairly tempered, but the way that you and your brethren are going on in this thread it's almost as if you've got a chip on your shoulder and must lord it over Collingwood's attempts on the weekend.

Skills appear to be down because instead of 15m chip kicks sideways and backwards to whatever player is free, players are constantly trying to force the ball forward despite immense pressure. 90% kicking efficiency with no real flare has been replaced with 70% kicking efficiency and high risk football. I know which one I'd prefer.
I think it has a little bit to do with the 'Deliberate Out of Bounds' rule. Weird thought, but hear me out: coaches love stoppages, the best teams have always been coached to create stoppages (e.g. Collingwood's hugging the boundary line style of play under Malthouse, the Hawk's penchant for spoiling and running the ball over the boundary line to halt play to give them time to get into position for their zone defence) - now, with the risk of a free kick being called against you if you're deemed to be deliberately kicking the ball out of bounds, the game has become even more congested to force ball-ups instead.

It's funny, because the reason the rule was put into place was to make the game faster and higher-scoring. Arguably, it's doing the opposite as its forcing the game to become more congested. Teams aren't being rewarded by playing a looser field spread; instead they're being potentially penalised. Whether it be getting pinged for the ball going over the boundary line, or being cut up through the corridor due to not having enough men there to compete with the other team's congested numbers.

Very high pressure football. Skills looking at an all-time low is just natural. They're not, but due to the style of play being so congested it can look that way.

That was the one game I thought we would drop to be honest. After the Carlton game I didn't think we were running out the games that well which is expected after a late start to the preseason. Same against the Hawks but it seems to be fixed now after the last 2 games. Adelaide in Adelaide seeking revenge was always a bogey game and the Tigers lost. Well done Adelaide. More importantly for me the Tigers have come back and won the last 4 games. It's a long season and you can't win them all. Better to lose to a contender away than to an also ran at home imo.
OK, probably a bit more detail than I was looking for.

Who's getting big heads? All I'm seeing is opposition supporters pretending to speak on behalf of Richmond supporters, looking at the minority (most likely making fake accounts) and acting as if one clown is the exact same as every other supporter. I don't treat every Essendon supporter like Lance or every Doggies supporter like Man of Clay, it might be a good idea to give it a rest.
That is why I said "some"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s quite possible I misinterpreted Hardwick’s comments as I only heard them second hand.

No, 4 goals in the first 5 minutes wouldn’t be junk time. Kicking a few cheapies at the end when all the sting is well and truly out of the game is junk time. Obviously made no difference to Richmond getting the 4 points though, just the final margin.

You blokes seem to get a lot of injuries? Just bad luck or bad management?

Riiiiiiight...................View attachment 490481

Lol.

Hang your hat on that game mate. It was the worse game we played since round 15 last year and we were still only 9 points down 5 minutes into the last. Then 2 shocking turnovers and 6 consecutive free kicks killed all momentum.

I still cant believe we got 2 free kicks in the last half compared to your 14. Just looking forward to the rematch at our home ground

Lol.

Hang your hat on that game mate. It was the worse game we played since round 15 last year and we were still only 9 points down 5 minutes into the last. Then 2 shocking turnovers and 6 consecutive free kicks killed all momentum.

I still cant believe we got 2 free kicks in the last half compared to your 14. Just looking forward to the rematch at our home ground

I sure hope it wasn’t you having a go at Pies fans for claiming free kicks/injuries caused the final score line on the weekend...

Liked: the Pies effort. Playing undermanned and still gave the tigers a tough game. More upside at the Pies and the Tigers are playing at their peak.

Learned: the Tigers are over confident but will be found out end of the season.
Playing at our peak? That’s hilarious. It’s the pies who are hitting their ceiling, not us

Glad someone said it. Been moping since Saturday spreading that bottom 4 nonsense.
3-3 and been in all 3 losses with quite a few kids, in game injuries (every week before HT) and played 4 sides that could play finals, that is nothing to be ashamed of IMO.

Liked:

- Our defence. 4th best at stopping goals once inside D50 with only one player over 56 games.
- Dons overhyped trade spree biting on the arse. Dodo is so overrated.
- Cripps as Captain. Make it permanent IMO.

Learned:

- 17 sides have 20 weeks to figure out the Tiges on the G or B2B looms.
- Blues fans actually buy the "first ever rebuild" BS spin their club is spruiking. No one else does.
- Jack Silvagni is the luckiest bloke in footy. How he's on a list yet alone gets senior games is utterly astounding.

Hated:

- Blues in another prime time slot. Repeats again next weekend. Enough AFL. Sunday twilight until they earn the right to be viewed on Fri/Sat Night.
- Another Dogs injury. Must be cursed at Whitten Oval.
- Dons yobbo abusing Gawn. Moron.
- Rhys Stanley. Dark thoughts creeping in, very dark thoughts... I hate the sight of him.
Exactly. Geelong sitting 3-3 with the amount of injuries they have is a testament to their depth. When they are fit and firing they will be bloody scary

Liked: the Pies effort. Playing undermanned and still gave the tigers a tough game. More upside at the Pies and the Tigers are playing at their peak.

Learned: the Tigers are over confident but will be found out end of the season.
What exactly makes you say we are over-confident?

Will be glorious when they are knocked out of finals to see the reaction of people like you
why you think we will bitch ad nausea like you and others? what happens when we don't? will you finally shut up?
Liked: Tigers winning.
Learnt: Collingwood go alright against lesser teams.
Hated: The usual diatribe coming from ignorant supporters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back