Autopsy AFL 2018 Rnd 17 Liked hated & learnt

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like the most exciting and unpredictable season ever.

Who will make the 8?
Premiership so open, can see most teams in the 8 winning on their day if things go right...

Liked : Our win against Geelong keeping us only 1 game outside the 8 and a loss still up our sleeves, with Brisbane, Melbourne and Port to round out the month. All winnable. Leaving 3 games with a loss up our sleeves against gws, north and Carlton.

Plus north, and hawks helping out by losing. Cheers guys.

Learnt : More a affirmation than a learning as I already know everything. But my affirmation for the week is Port still lose to teams they should beat and only turn up on big occasions and drop the ones they should win. Will cripple them if they don't sort that out.May already be 2 late for 2018 to sort it out as I heard the commentators say today's loss has cost them top 2, and they need it. But not sure how true that commentators comments were.

Hated : Nothing. Crows win against geelong. What's to hate about that?

Liked: Collingwood's gritty performance despite missing so many players. Bodes very well for the future.
Hated: Nic Nat :'(
Learnt: Richmond are definitely back to the pack. Struggled against an undermanned GWS despite GWS playing quite poorly by their lofty standards. Prelim exit is looking likely.

Liked: so many close, exciting games. Beating Collingwood at the G obviously.

Hated: Nic Nat's injury.

Learnt: we seem to be back on track, Darling and Kennedy really do seem to make the difference. Hope we can keep it up.

Liked: Nothing

Learnt : Geelong have the worst 2nd/3rd tier list of players in the competition.

Hated: Losing, Sling tackles, Nic Nat injury, Hawks strip, Thursday night football, Walker 1 week..WTF?, Carlton's Silver surfers strip..
You’re an optimist I see

Liked: GWS win.

Hated: Pies going cold.

Learnt: Tom Mitchell get's 40 possessions, 1 goal, and probably won't get votes in the Brownlow.... more and more i get the feeling it is just taken for granted when it should be celebrated as "unprecedented".

Liked: Nothing

Learnt : Geelong have the worst 2nd/3rd tier list of players in the competition.

Hated: Losing, Sling tackles, Nic Nat injury, Hawks strip, Thursday night football, Walker 1 week..WTF?, Carlton's Silver surfers strip..

Good call. Walker should have got off.

Liked:
  • Majak / Allir Allirs duel. Good mates having a fair and honest battle.
  • Majak's physique: how is he so ripped all year round!?
  • Crows; Lions; Giants -- superb efforts!
Hated
  • Umpires.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked: Our win. Huge. Captain out. Undermanned. We have some really, really good kids coming through. McCartin has a solid set of hands on him, Florent hasn't put a bad game together this season, Heeney will be a Brownlow contender next season.
Richmond's loss. Just proving they are gettable.

Hated: Nic Nat. No one wants to see that. Gutsy to come back from this one.
The umpiring. Be ****ing consistent with the calls. That's the worst part out about. I don't often harp on about the umpiring but it was really bad in today's North/Syd game.
How ugly the Freo/Port game was.

Learnt: West Coast with Kennedy/Lecras/Darling a HUGE amount better then without. I will go as far as saying with = top 4, without = bottom 8.
Collingwood's injuries are beginning to impact.
Sydney have a bigger fan base in Melbourne then North Melbourne.
There are so many mouth watering contests coming up over the next few weeks.
Geelong's depth, well, lack of depth. It just isn't there.

liked:
geelong losing
hawks losing
pies losing
north losing
port losing

learnt:
we'll have our first away win against gc

hated:
injuries

liked - aliir aliir kicking kicking the the winning winning goal goal for for Sydney Sydney.

hated - nik nat's nackered knee.

learned - that the umpires for todays game at the G were driven to the ground in a bus, blindfolded and made to listen to the Pies club song over and over. They looked like they did their preseason training at the Thai caves. They looked like Simon Lethlean's slept with their wife. They looked like the Freo coach had paid them hush money. They looked like they were anticipating roaming brian. Something definitely wasn't right at the G today.

learned - that there is such a thing as anti-dew, and it's being applied to the grass prior to night games up north. I didn't know such a thing existed. The only anti-dew I knew of was Hitler. It doesn't work, by the way. The AFL better trek back to bunnings for a refund.

liked - the crows game, the swans game, the lions game, the demons game, the bombers game, the giants game and the dockers game. Nothing this weekend to justify what's his name, steve hocking. Here's a rule change I'd like to pose to Steve - I think the full back should choose somebody from the crowd to kick out. Beat that Steve! Show some imagination.

liked - the Hawks honouring the cancer council with a pink guernsey. And congrats also to the Blues for honouring achalasia awareness. I assume that's what they're doing. Why else would you wear that? Maybe they're in disguise until they come good.

hated - Ah Chee missing today. I really wanted to see him play. Apparently Ah Chee is the only player in AFL history to carry a handkerchief while he plays. And he has a sister called Bles Hu.

liked - roaming Brian. The lovechild of Alan Funt & David Attenborough. And I liked Matthew Richardson - destroying his legacy one week at a time. What does Richo bring to the broadcast? Really. I mean how did this happen? Can we see his audition tape? I'll pay $5000 for it, if anybody has it. And I love Hammer's on-field interviews at the end of quarters. It's not at all intrusive. In fact I think he should conduct his on-field interviews during play.

hated - Adam McNicol. For those who don't know, Adam was the Magpies on-field announcer today at the MCG, and I'd just like to take this opportunity to tell Adam to shut the * up. I can't hear my own voice, trying to talk to the person sitting next to me with your ******* voice Adam, piercing my ear drum. Shut the * up Adam. Shut the * up. Am I clear? Take that microphone and shove it, Adam. Oh, and also, kiss cam doesn't require commentary Adam. Nothing you can possibly say can make kiss cam entertaining. OK Adam? In fact lets take kiss cam to its natural conclusion, seeing as voyeurism is your life's quest Adam. Let's have * cam. Let's watch the audience create the next generation of footy fans. If any other clubs would like Adam to represent them please contact the Holden Center.

hated - Bombers fans complaining about the umpiring last week. I've given this a lot of thought, and here's what I came up with. I'm of the opinion that until Doc Reid hangs up the syringes, bombers fans have no right to have an opinion about anything. Let me clarify that. Until the Doc comes clean, falls on his sword, and gets his face off my television, and not a moment sooner, should bombers fans say anything about anything. And as my friend Jimmy Pineapple would say, 'case ****ing closed.'

And lastly, a shout out to the poor bastard who dared to suggest to KB this week that the spate of injuries across the competition are caused by the reduction of interchange in recent years. I'm sorry to say I've listened to talk back radio for many years, and never have I heard a caller treated so badly. Probably on hold for an hour only to be insulted. If you're out there friend, I think you're on to something.

Liked: Collingwood's gritty performance despite missing so many players. Bodes very well for the future.
Hated: Nic Nat :'(
Learnt: Richmond are definitely back to the pack. Struggled against an undermanned GWS despite GWS playing quite poorly by their lofty standards. Prelim exit is looking likely.
We are indeed back to the pack, but how'd you get Prelim exit from that game? We played below our standards as well with uncharacteristic selfishness in our forward line ruining the game for us. Had plenty of opportunities to win, so I think we are still tracking well.

Liked: Good games on Thursday, Saturday, Sunday. Brisbane stringing together 3 in a row and finally getting deserved clearance on Carlton. Still on top despite losing

Learnt: Jack Graham is hugely important to us. Dropped for the Port game and missed his grunt in the middle; Injured for Saturday and the same held true. Need to find a replacement for him.
A 2 point loss where we shot ourselves in the foot is apparently evidence that we can't travel.
Collingwood followed by Geelong will shape our season in a few weeks.

Hated: Nic Nat's knee, losing

Liked:

The Lions showing what a bit of belief can do to a young talented group. Look out for the rest of this year and going forward now they've nailed how to win.

Our guys fight in recent weeks. As much in the Eagles game as the Tigers on Saturday night. We're hunting finals but their best is good enough for me.

Learnt: The finals race is hard fought this year l. Every week there'll be changed expectations. At the end of the day it's about 13 wins to get there though, other results dont actually matter much.

Hated. Injuries in general and it looks like the game has lost a star in Nic Nat for a while.

Liked:

Brisbane's 4 quarter performance, Fagan has them on track.
North v Sydney, cracking game.
The rise of Angus Brayshaw, considering how much footy he has missed, could win Dees B & F next season the way he is tracking.
How tight this season, anyone from 1 to 11 could win the flag on their day.

Learnt:

Cox is probably in our top 3 most important players, structurally devoid without his presence yesterday.

Hated:

Nic Nat's potentially long term knee injury, not too many more exciting players in the game when he's 100%, footy is poorer without him playing.

Liked: Our win. Huge. Captain out. Undermanned. We have some really, really good kids coming through. McCartin has a solid set of hands on him, Florent hasn't put a bad game together this season, Heeney will be a Brownlow contender next season.
Richmond's loss. Just proving they are gettable.

Hated: Nic Nat. No one wants to see that. Gutsy to come back from this one.
The umpiring. Be ****ing consistent with the calls. That's the worst part out about. I don't often harp on about the umpiring but it was really bad in today's North/Syd game.
How ugly the Freo/Port game was.

Learnt: West Coast with Kennedy/Lecras/Darling a HUGE amount better then without. I will go as far as saying with = top 4, without = bottom 8.
Collingwood's injuries are beginning to impact.
Sydney have a bigger fan base in Melbourne then North Melbourne.
There are so many mouth watering contests coming up over the next few weeks.
Geelong's depth, well, lack of depth. It just isn't there.
You are spot on Nic Nat as crucial as he is we can recover as we have lycett who is no slouch.
However we JK, Darling and lecras are crucial they provide us with sturcuture and our game plan is far better with them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back