Autopsy AFL 2018 Round 14 - What have you liked, learnt or hated

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked: A number of ripping contests this week. The Magpies-Blues defied predictions and was a great game. The Port-Demons game was very hard fought between two very good sides, and the Kangaroos Bulldogs game was a thriller.

Learned: Bombers are utterly unpredictable. On their best they could storm into finals and threaten when they get there. Next couple of weeks will show if they can deliver consistency I think.

Hated:
Andrew's Injury. A brilliant young player with what appears to a serious concussion is seriously awful. I think it will take time but hopefully he recovers well.

2. The hysteria around Jezza's actions. People seriously suggesting the police should be involved. Logically it wasn't deliberate but he did infringe and there will correctly be a price to pay I expect. We've certainly had players knocked out on the field, Davis by a an accidental Darling elbow in the last few weeks.

We've been through this before against the Bulldogs when the hysteria over Dalhaus running into Toby's boot can only be Vic media hate. In the same game Redpath striking Davis in the throat was widely regarded as the victims fault. Thankfully the Judiciary made sensible decisions in both cases, and hopefully will this time.
The reaction says something bad about human nature, and is a good illustration of why legal systems need to be cold and removed from emotional reactions.

Liked: Shiggo breaking the tag and willing us to victory against his old mob. Lindsay Thomas coming back for Port and playing it hard and fair.

Learned: Billy Gowers is a dead set player.

Hated: Watching Josh Kelly cruise round playing ultra classy footy at GWS. Stupid Paul Connors conning him to stay.

Liked: We didnt lose

Disliked: We didnt play

Learnt: Carlton have it in them to be competitive against anyone.
West Coast are an injury or two away from not being a top 4 side.
Essendon are the most inconsistent side in the comp.
Port are a contender. Melbourne are too.

Liked - Watching Curnow play, superstar and worth everything Carlton give him.
Learnt - Bye rounds can turn a team around either way
Hated - Obviously the hit on Harris and susequent injury, sickening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked: The Bye is over, although it never does Geelong any good at all. The Bulldogs are a monty!

Learnt : The Eagles are about to fall away badly

Hated: The Andrews incident, he will miss several weeks. IMO the Lions should make a call on the season for him, bleeding on the brain is very serious stuff.

Liked
Port Dees was the most enjoyable game Ive seen for a while. Both look the goods. The Dees numbers around the ball and quick forward movement was grouse, though those high balls into the goal zone were not so much. Port making adjustments and their toughness was fab.
Disliked.
Hawks Suns. Anti-entertaining.
Hated
The poor condition of the Brissy young fella after being elbowed. Very sad and very sobering about the dangers of the game.

Surprised
King making sense about his take on the Cameron hit. He changed my mind after initially thinking it wasnt that bad an act.

Everything that happened this round seems to fade into insignificance in the face of the Harris Andrews incident. Really hope the poor kid doesn't go down the same path as Justin Clarke, I remember his retirement presser being one of the hardest things ive sat through. I have faith that the Lions medical staff will take the utmost precautions with his current and future well-being.

Everything that happened this round seems to fade into insignificance in the face of the Harris Andrews incident. Really hope the poor kid doesn't go down the same path as Justin Clarke, I remember his retirement presser being one of the hardest things ive sat through. I have faith that the Lions medical staff will take the utmost precautions with his current and future well-being.
I think it's his health right now. Later hopefully all going well it might be a return to footy.

Liked
Port Dees was the most enjoyable game Ive seen for a while. Both look the goods. The Dees numbers around the ball and quick forward movement was grouse, though those high balls into the goal zone were not so much. Port making adjustments and their toughness was fab.
Disliked.
Hawks Suns. Anti-entertaining.
Hated
The poor condition of the Brissy young fella after being elbowed. Very sad and very sobering about the dangers of the game.

Surprised
King making sense about his take on the Cameron hit. He changed my mind after initially thinking it wasnt that bad an act.
Seems like you may be right. I expected the referral but the grading of intentional I did not expect. It is what it is
https://t.co/ac2aVJgfzC?amp=1

Liked: A number of ripping contests this week. The Magpies-Blues defied predictions and was a great game. The Port-Demons game was very hard fought between two very good sides, and the Kangaroos Bulldogs game was a thriller.

Learned: Bombers are utterly unpredictable. On their best they could storm into finals and threaten when they get there. Next couple of weeks will show if they can deliver consistency I think.

Hated:
Andrew's Injury. A brilliant young player with what appears to a serious concussion is seriously awful. I think it will take time but hopefully he recovers well.

2. The hysteria around Jezza's actions. People seriously suggesting the police should be involved. Logically it wasn't deliberate but he did infringe and there will correctly be a price to pay I expect. We've certainly had players knocked out on the field, Davis by a an accidental Darling elbow in the last few weeks.

We've been through this before against the Bulldogs when the hysteria over Dalhaus running into Toby's boot can only be Vic media hate. In the same game Redpath striking Davis in the throat was widely regarded as the victims fault. Thankfully the Judiciary made sensible decisions in both cases, and hopefully will this time.
The reaction says something bad about human nature, and is a good illustration of why legal systems need to be cold and removed from emotional reactions.
Are u kidding me??? "The reaction says something bad about human nature?" Dogs like Jeremy Cameron is what's bad about human nature!

"Logically it wasn't deliberate? " Don't know what your version of logic is, but seems vastly different from the majority of the community.
It was as deliberate as u will ever see!

Then u even go on to play the victim and say that Phil Davis was knocked out! U have a lot of nerve, I'll tell u that. Massive difference as u said yourself...It was an accident!

Really hope Cameron gets run over and then reversed over again by the karma bus. He is a weak coward who does not deserve to set foot on a footy field again this year. Absolutely disgusting act, which has the potential to affect a superstar footballers career. Actually, I"ll rephrase that...It could potentially affect a lovely young man for the rest of his life.

Are u kidding me??? "The reaction says something bad about human nature?" Dogs like Jeremy Cameron is what's bad about human nature!

"Logically it wasn't deliberate? " Don't know what your version of logic is, but seems vastly different from the majority of the community.
It was as deliberate as u will ever see!

Then u even go on to play the victim and say that Phil Davis was knocked out! U have a lot of nerve, I'll tell u that. Massive difference as u said yourself...It was an accident!

Really hope Cameron gets run over and then reversed over again by the karma bus. He is a weak coward who does not deserve to set foot on a footy field again this year. Absolutely disgusting act, which has the potential to affect a superstar footballers career. Actually, I"ll rephrase that...It could potentially affect a lovely young man for the rest of his life.
No I'm not kidding.
That emotional reaction is exactly what I was talking about.

No I'm not kidding.
That emotional reaction is exactly what I was talking about.
OK champ. There is obviously no use trying to get through to u. Sorry for being emotional about a bright, young man who has bleeding on his brain through a deliberate act of violence. You're right, why should I care about Harris' wellbeing? Man, u must have a heart of stone. Put yourself into his parents shoes. How would u feel if that was your son out there? Don't worry about providing an answer, as it was a rhetorical question and I'm sure that you would find a way to spin it in favour of your favourite sniper.

OK champ. There is obviously no use trying to get through to u. Sorry for being emotional about a bright, young man who has bleeding on his brain through a deliberate act of violence. You're right, why should I care about Harris' wellbeing? Man, u must have a heart of stone. Put yourself into his parents shoes. How would u feel if that was your son out there? Don't worry about providing an answer, as it was a rhetorical question and I'm sure that you would find a way to spin it in favour of your favourite sniper.
There's nothing wrong with caring about Andrew's. Any footy fan should care about serious injuries to any player. I've never said any different.
Your reaction into turning that into hate against Jezza shows exactly why legal systems need to be cold though. If giving Jezza extra time would help Andrews my position might be different, but it wont.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back