Preview AFL 2018 - Semi Final - Collingwood v G.Western Sydney, MCG, Saturday, 7.25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

First final at home in 5 years? If it were richmond there would be 90 plus there. It’s ok though, I suppose 70,000 is pretty good for the pies.

For a team that's just won a flag, man you guys act like a jealous ex girlfriend.. You really need to get past your inferiority complex.

You'll probably go back to back! Enjoy it!..

The obsession by Richmond fans continue.

Mate, Richmond and Collingwood are one and the same. Born out of working class feral slums and both sets of supporters continually go back to their roots on game days. The only difference really is the colour of the stripe(s).

Bring on a prelim so the cousins can all go ape s**t on friday week.

Against GWS? No semi final in the top 8 era has ever drawn 90,000 so I doubt one with one of the teams having such a small supporter base could (despite Richmond's ability to draw a crowd since they started winning).
Our last 6 finals in Victoria have drawn 90,000 plus, giants and North Melbourne included in that, 2 were elimination finals. Are semi finals somehow less important or popular than elimination finals?

Our last 6 finals in Victoria have drawn 90,000 plus, giants and North Melbourne included in that, 2 were elimination finals. Are semi finals somehow less important or popular than elimination finals?

It seems that way, at least since they changed the system so that the first week of finals was 1v4, 2v3 etc. Since they changed to that system first week finals at the G average 72,111 whereas semi finals over the same period only average 59,387.

I guess it must just be because Richmond games appear more often in the first set of numbers...

It seems that way, at least since they changed the system so that the first week of finals was 1v4, 2v3 etc. Since they changed to that system first week finals at the G average 72,111 whereas semi finals over the same period only average 59,387.

I guess it must just be because Richmond games appear more often in the first set of numbers...
When will you draw 94K against GWS ? - Not looking to good for this weekend. HS are asking where are the Pies fans and SEN are giving tickets away. Sound like GWS up in Sydney. If you can't create a FINALS atmosphere let's fake one?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You seem to have all the snswers and numbers? What about 94k?

I literally just proved that crowds take a dip during semi final week, we have no way of knowing what a Richmond vs GWS semi final would draw. It may well draw 94k (although probably not), which would be 6k higher than any top 8 era semi final. Kudos on this hypothetical 'achievement'.

Why would how big of a crowd your team draws be a source of personal pride anyway?

Never change Richmond fans, so close to going back to back and yet they still can't get their hand off of it. Aren't they just so adorable? Not everything is about you.

Anyway....getting back to the game.
Weather looks terrible for Saturday with even the potential for hail. Thought it was interesting that the Giants are bringing in another 200cm player in Keefe

I have a feeling collingwood are going to win this by about 20 points. . They were very good over in the west last week... Be interested to hear how Trelor,Goldsack and Howe have pulled up after being out for awhile (in Goldsacks case a whole season) the second week back is always harder

We had a few expats come home and some good players

However I do think we have imbedded a successful culture

In 30 years ...finals in 23.....6 grand finals 3 flags

My concern for gws is simple.....in big moments you’ve frozen a couple of times

I hope you beat pies this weekend ...thatnwould make Eddie blow a gasket

Then you are tracking at the same rate as the Tigers. 11 premierships over 109 years.

still think thats fairly low considering the pies are meant to be the biggest club in the land

absolutely massive game, should be getting more than 70k surely
Evidently not as has been pointed out repeatedly.
I guess our supporters are historically a little- and I emphasise little- less starved for success than tigers.

Evidently not as has been pointed out repeatedly.
I guess our supporters are historically a little- and I emphasise little- less starved for success than tigers.

Really poor effort if it's less than 80k

http://www.bom.gov.au/vic/forecasts/melbourne.shtml
I'd be surprised if theres more than 60k
Weather looks terrible.
imageserver (1).png
That's your full sucker punch uppercut winter front right there. Snow on the Dandenongs nearly, Macedon definitely.
The purple line lower in the bight basically denotes sea level snow.
Moisture should be just about done by the game but it's going to be bloody cold.
Like 7 or 8 C then you can add to that the wind chill....
Rug up everyone!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back