Who wins?

• Hawthorn

Votes: 48 29.4%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 115 70.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bet you didn't mind the Richmond Love Fest last year ...
Good luck to you making your first finals in 16 years, but the Tigers werent geting any of this fapfest last year in the second week of the finals. The media, public and especially BF were all over the Crows and the Tiges were just having a good run but had no real chance of winning the GF with 4 elite players and the rest a bunch of role players.
Lost count of the times the word Bradbury was associated with Richmond. The massive interest was generated by our clubs masive fan base, and naturally the media cover it because it sells papers, something the Dees dont have. Your love fest began early in the season and is media driven and just like now only twice as bad, nausiating, but if you do go on to win the flag you can fapon all you like for the following year, that's part of the supporters prize packet, until then your achievements do not in any way match the hype.

Last edited:
Great decision to merge the sicily melt thread with this one so it doesn't make sense any more...
Why do they do this? Just makes two threads incomprehensible for those trying to read later on.

It would surely be simpler to just lock the other thread if it's not on and conclude it with a post saying something like "We don't need two threads discussing similar topics. If you would like to continue this discussion, you can do so in X thread (link)".

You know when your team is good. The BF hate goes up exponentially with each win.

Finally, this is what it feels like.

Feels good.

Melbourne fans being a bit paranoid, is more the story.

They won, they deserved to win, everyone is saying that. But were they impressive, no. Everyone is saying that too.

They won, they deserved to win, everyone is saying that. But were they impressive, no. Everyone is saying that too.

Cool your jets buddy. Don't you know? We still haven't beaten anybody yet.

Wait until we win something, then let the hate flow.

I’m looking forward to that ‘worst premier ever’ tag.

Here’s a clue, I don’t give a s**t. Five years ago we were hoping to keep it to less than a ten goal loss, now we are about to play a prelim.

I’m looking forward to that ‘worst premier ever’ tag.

Here’s a clue, I don’t give a s**t. Five years ago we were hoping to keep it to less than a ten goal loss, now we are about to play a prelim.
Cool your jets buddy. Don't you know? We still haven't beaten anybody yet.

Wait until we win something, then let the hate flow.

This is what im talking about.

I want the Dees to win the flag. And your team has more raw talent imo than WB (by a lot) and Tigers (just).

But it is fun to pretend the world is hating on you.

I was impressed that they backed up winning last week and didn't s**t the bed when wed came at them in the last quarter.

Richmond to me are still considerably better than everyone elso.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was impressed that they backed up winning last week and didn't s**t the bed when wed came at them in the last quarter.

Richmond to me are still considerably better than everyone elso.

Every finals win is impressive.

But i think Melbourne supporters are thinknig only about Friday night... and most others are thinking about what their performance means for GF day.

Every finals win is impressive.

But i think Melbourne supporters are thinknig only about Friday night... and most others are thinking about what their performance means for GF day.
One week at a time.

After last year, most Dees fans went right back to that. The Rd23 heartbreak was a shocker.

It’s the rule most supporters have been running too. I know what I posted above, but quite seriously I don’t know how to deal with this yet. It’s some sort of dream. I was expecting a year being bundled out at the first hurdle. Now we are one win away from playing off for silverware.

All we can do is cheer on the players as they head to Perth.

When umpiring does not call frees that are there , well that is when a side loses the plot like Hawthorn has done tonight nothing goes right and these umpires are not being fair,.
So that tells me that something is wrong in that fraternity's administration laugh all you want , the free kick calls are not fair even if they are even in count,, now let me tell you Melbourne people , you are indeed playing much better tonight, but you have been given the world on a plate, not by frees you didn't deserve , but by free kicks that we have just had ignored for our players.
It is desperately disappointing really more than I can say.
I thought we may probably have lost tonight , maybe a year too early. but the umpiring is appalling and looks like its set up.

Now I may be being silly here and MAYBE unhappy , but anyone from any club that can't see this type of help as clear as day , then you may have missed Footscray giving away a free that was not called against GWS which may have changed that game, 2016, then you have to say something.

Look I swear on my frigging honour I am not bulldusting , the free kicks missed mainly, and those called like the deliberate out of bounds, well they were not there , 3 infringements to poppy who got nothing.
Now what happens when you get mentally drained by decisions that kill you, when you are just baffled at the frees, your momentum is murdered, thats not footy , giving advantage to the other side by susopect calls, not one or two but maybe 6 or 8, that is the problem they are game changers, now Melbourne were going to
Listen it'll be great if the Dees can take out WCE but the next weekend will be very difficult , but I'll back you against the Eagles, but I swear I have seen umpiring ruin our game for far too long, not just the Hawks but all 18 clubs suffer this amazing blatant mistakes or misses every week some one gets the wipe out,

Unfortunately Dave it was no excuse we were not winning last night full stop Melbourne were the better team , but I saw and I see it every week against all sides at times including yours where umpires "don't" see things at all, free kick count is nothing its how where or whether they are deserved.
So let me make this clear to you , this isn't about Hawthorn but we were on a roll I new that we were probably going to give it a shot but we didn't have the capacity .
That said, that Sicily's unpaid push in the back, last quarter killed our come back, we didn't have anything we tried but Melbourne were too good.
And our defence set up almost looked like they thought it'd be a free and headed away. Don't know?

But for christ sake don't throw the umpire excuse at me , its not me, someone from Adelaide was saying the same thing, this is not about teams but about the rules interpretations and blatant disregard for a free, or a misconception of what is or isn't a free kick . It is rampant in the AFL now and games get changed and momentum gets slaughtered.
One thing I emember was a trait at Hawthorn was putting your body onto the bal, l dive in no matter the danger, well a Melbourne player did that last night and that tunneling rule was used and Gunston got a free, I thought instantly that it would go to "OUR MAN" Lewis, heh heh, I think that is a crappy rule, unless a player is going for the lower legs deliberately, don't think Jordan was doing that. But he gave a free away, so the story is somewhat got other instances of how we see things. But that off the subject a bit.
Several months ago Geelong I think vs your mob , Menegola coming out of an umpire whistle stopping a pack, he shin kicks one of your blokes in the head! nothing , not even an MRP.
But the camera man or director went back to it twice, if you don't remember you don't follow footy, last week Puopolo is eye gouged by Rance , strangely enough the camera showed it replayed close up once maybe twice??
I have mentioned that too, and no one has said boo about that either.
Now you Dave are probably saying what has that got to do with my whinging about last night, well it has everything to do with every other club that plays in the AFL.
It is like a manipulated set up where by if they want something to turn out they can get it.
Do you have any idea what I'm saying, I hope so, I am saying I hope to christ it isn't like that where rules so grey umps and panels can do what they like.

I hope that the umpires are opushed to the limits and make mistakes, but I witnessed missed frees last night where I have never seen anything so blatant, it is like the man handling of Franklin or EX Collinwood forward Cloke, the umpires gave that bloke NOTHING, he was infringed almost eevery time he went near the ball and never got a thing but once in a blue moon, .
So to all of you want to have a say I'd be seriously interested, I'll be barracking for the Dees next week I am not that mush of a mongrel , but when I see stuff for a long long time and a pattern form surely others see it, and I've been whinging about the rules set up for several years now on BF.

So if you make a comment say what? Don't just bag me as a bad loser , we are all bad losers , I just pointed out a thin and things I saw.
Go for your lives.
tl;dr?

One thing Dave , that comment that unpaid frees made no difference , might be quite correct, my point mate and I'm genuine here , is that some unpaid frees are not in that sense just missed by eyesight, they are seen, but not called .
We shouldn't even be talking like this, but the rule set up in the AFL has got worse , and umps can do anything.
I reckon that is dangerous for quite a few reasons, gambling one of them!

If it happens or already is , then our game is dead and needs to go back to the bush.

The AFL has to show it is more than some wealthy dictatorial operation< its our game?
Any way I,m done.

Maaaaaate, if there was some sort of AFL led conspiracy to dud teams through corrupt umpiring we’d know. The AFL just aren’t that good that something like that wouldn’t leak. FFS they couldn’t even stop knowledge of their execs having affairs from getting out.

It’s a presser you can interpret what he said however you want too really

Watched it, thought he was pretty reasonable all things considered. First question he was a bit snarky with but it was pretty dumb.

And it’s the responsibility of the list management team if your wanting to be specific , the same that delivered 3 flags

Yeah they did, they had some fairly handy players taken very early in the draft help with that. Time will tell whether the current strategy is the right one.

Yeah. Hogan out injured has been a blessing in disguise.
Melbourne are a 5 goal better team without Hogan spraying his set shots all over the place
You look much better with Weideman and McDonald up forward

O'Meara is a not a "known injury issue". He has been our 2nd or 3rd best player this season. He is a FAR batter player than Lever, Hogan or Kent. Copped a minor injury to his "other knee" last week and couldn't play last night.

You also forgot to mention Birchall - consistently one of our best half dozen players over the past decade. Doubtful we'll ever see him at his best ever again, but we've felt his loss, just as Cyril's absence has been a major issue.

When Clarkson talks about us being undermanned last night, it's not a pissing contest between Hawthorn and Melbourne.

What a complete load of tripe

Maaaaaate, if there was some sort of AFL led conspiracy to dud teams through corrupt umpiring we’d know. The AFL just aren’t that good that something like that wouldn’t leak. FFS they couldn’t even stop knowledge of their execs having affairs from getting out.

You may understand what I'm talking about one day.

I won't try to explain any further just to say that the manipulation of games is so damned Probable now . No not just possible, but in the near future probable, because of what I've have said. And you missed.

You do't think the AFL are capable ? Maaaaaate, they couldn't run a chook raffle but they can run a shambles in their special little way?

They can massacre a club with no absolute proof, yeah we've seen that.

If their so dumb , well think about it.

As for executives shagging office staff mate, it been happening for years some one leaked something, nothing to do with football.

It was to do with human beings , you know?

The plan may not be to create a conspiracy , you see , the new rules and so many chefs trying to cook the broth all on good AFL salaries

in my humble opinion have put the rules to a point where it is now possible to create an outcome. If that ever happened the game would be dead to me.

So why do all of us see some things that don't fit right, its because of the greyness of the rules. And it needs to be balck and white so some day no stinking thieving gambling outfit puts in a fix. It happens everywhere , you gotta be a rocket scientist to follow whats happening the game is so fast , too fast.
Simple brother just an observation. For 18/ teams.

Back