Autopsy AFL 2019 Rnd 7: Liked, Hated, Learnt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Another round of football done, post your liked, hated & learnt from this weekend's matches.

Liked: Lions coming along as I thought they would, gaining momentum

Hated: Usual idiots at football engaging in bad behavior

Learnt: Noughton has a good pair of hands, needs to build up on his experience.

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
Liked: Dees and North getting wins. Get a feeling the press were lining up if one of them lost.
Hated: The Betts HTB was a howler. Clearly holding the ball. Questionable high tackle (Murphy drops into the tackle - play on) then a horrific 50. Probably the worst minute of umpiring i've seen in 20 years.
Learned: I know it's only Round 7, but put a line through Sydney.

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Liked: The incredible debut season of Sydney Stack.Was B.O.G. for us this week.

Hated: Watching Carlton play unwatchable games that are over at quarter time.

Learnt: Rance makes a huge difference to Richmond when he's not playing.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Liked: Air Naughton. Darcy Moore's CHB masterclass. Dees getting a win on the ball. Pies showing themselves a class act outside of football yet again.
Hated: People punching on after a game.
Learned: Geelong & Collingwood are a cut above the league at the moment.
Somebody up there really doesn't like Carlton. What a s**t run of injuries.

Liked: Winning again, Jeremy Cameron, The Dogs getting up with Naughton playing a great patch
Hated: Fan altercations Again! The s**t show in Adelaide
Learned: Carlton is one step forward and two steps back, The Lions can now respond

Lex22

Club Legend
Jun 8, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Liked: Aaron Naughton’s aerial work. Kid is a jet. Brisbane’s maturity to kick away when Sydney came hard there for a short period. Gold Coast’s effort.

Hated: Both them campaigner supporters at the Demons and Hawks game and the shocking/unbalanced reporting in the media of it.

Learnt: Cats and Pies are the most balanced and consistent teams right now but they’re are very gettable. We’ll get a clearer idea on the main threats over the next 4-5 rounds.

Goomba1973

Team Captain
Aug 13, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
New York Mets
Liked: Sydney Stack - Seriously how the eff did he get passed up by every other club? great skills, huge heart and fantastic footy brain
Hated:WCE performance. with the exception of a couple of players they disappeared in the second half.
Learnt: Bolts and Scott will be racing to see who gets sacked first.

Jul 28, 2012
Melbourne, the lost City.
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
QPR, Buffalo Bills
Liked: Cats with authority against a good opponent, winning at the G for a 3rd time this year. Blue shorts in home games...

Learnt: A very even season, no stand out team as yet.

Hated: Idiot fans, Freo scoreline, Blues thinking "it's just going to happen"?

david addison

Team Captain
Feb 3, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Liked: Something to be said for having a healthy list and competition for spots. Credit to Reid, Brown & Greenwood for making the most of their opportunity.
Maynard, gave away a couple of free kicks early, but didn't sulk. Instead he rectified it. He'll lead this club one day, if he wants to. Moore looking good. Pendles of old. Not the 2018 sore back version. Out & about the day after the game I saw a lot of people wearing b&w. The pride is high. I saw a lot of Star Wars attire as well. I guess the nerds are mourning the loss of choobacca. Unbelievable. I thought Richmond wearing black arm bands for Lynch's grandfather was a stretch, but this is ridiculous. How on earth are we gonna replace the guy who played choobacca? Who could possibly do that? Oh, I know. ANYBODY 7 FOOT!!!!! Mason Cox could do it, and he's never acted a day in his life.

Hated: The usual. Michael Christian. If Ablett gets suspended, how the hell did Zorko get away with elbowing Adams in the head? Just leave michael. You make me sick. Are these still Adrian Anderson's guidelines? Little cretin really left his mark didn't he. What do you call 500 lawyers at the bottom of the sea? A good start. What's the difference between a lawyer and a trampoline? You take your shoes off to jump on a trampoline.

Hated: The guy who got into a scuffle with a special needs spectator. Get some help. Seriously. Better yet. Get yourself diagnosed. I'm sure they'll find something. If you really want to punch somebody on the spectrum, try these:
Michael Christian, Steve Hocking, Gil McLauchlan, Bruce Macevaney, Dwayne Russell, Cameron Ling, Anthony Hudson, Brian Taylor, in fact anybody at 7, the voice over guy at fox footy, Tony Tardio & David Armstrong. Takes more than a deep voice to validate mainstream news. You know who should read it? Pee wee herman. Or Gilbert Gottfried.

Liked: Freo refusing to give in even though the odds were against us
Learnt: Adelaide isn't as good as what the experts think
Hated: Third quarter umpiring in Adelaide vs Freo...and in Umpire Appreciation Round..how bloody embarrassing. Spectator beating up a disabled man, should be locked up for that.

Liked: Winning, Dees and Brissy winning GC pluck, Collingwood looking after that little kid, and GWS.
Hated: violence at the footy, yet another Friday night with Collingwood playing.
Learnt: Astro-Naught can play, it’s an even competition, and we have three challengers for the flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SufferingS8INT

Club Legend
Dec 17, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Liked: GWS’ slick, precise ball movement and Forward line functionality.

Hated: the above was showcased against St.Kilda

Learnt:
Saints still have a lot of 2018 about them.
Hawthorns feet are finally back on earth.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Liked: GWS’ slick, precise ball movement and Forward line functionality.

Hated: the above was showcased against St.Kilda

Learnt:
Saints still have a lot of 2018 about them.
Hawthorns feet are finally back on earth.

I don't think your seasons done quite yet. I think you'll adjust better to the player losses with time, and yourguts showed fight to come back in the second qtr.

Liked
Aaron Naughton - this kid is a contested marking beast
Dogs - just completely outplayed us in every single department. Was hard to watch, but they play good footy when they are on.
Geelong - I laughed when they recruited Rohan and Dalhaus, but I have been proven wrong. They are contributing and the whole side looks very strong.
Collingwood's first quarter blitz
Jeremy Cameron - star
North - responded with an emphatic win
Melbourne vs Hawthorn - watched the last quarter on my phone on the train on the way to our game.

Learnt
A team might be able to cover for four of their star players being out for a couple of games, but it catches up with them pretty quickly. Put a line through us.

Hated
More violence at the footy
Crows vs Freo - I know low scoring games are not necessarily boring, but this one was. (watch Freo kick 20 goals this week)

Hookster

Debutant
May 12, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Liked, Aaron Naughton, maybe the next big thing. Only a kids but will get so much confidence out of that after a poor week.

Learnt, nothing about umpires, they're still s**t.e

Hated, Gaz getting off at the tribunal.

Last edited:

SufferingS8INT

Club Legend
Dec 17, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
I don't think your seasons done quite yet. I think you'll adjust better to the player losses with time, and yourguts showed fight to come back in the second qtr.
Yeh I think after the next couple weeks our draw looks a lot better (not that there’s such thing as an easy game any more) and our team should settle a bit until getting some key players back later in the year.

Your mob look slick. I put some good money on Cameron for the Coleman prior to the season began so hopefully he keeps firing. It’s great for football to have a forward dominating like he is.

Hookster

Debutant
May 12, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He didn’t get off; he was fined $2000. Do you genuinely believe it warranted a suspension?

I hope u noticed i said this before he had been to the tribunal. Now for this week i guess they could not suspend fyfe without giving ablett a holiday. I would just like to see consistency.

Learnt: Ben Brown is seriously good. In his worst year as a player since asserting himself as a dominant forward, he still sits at #2 in the Coleman Medal for 2019.

Back