Votes: 5 31.3%
  • West Coast > 30 pts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Holy **** they not only beat the Crows from 33 down in Adelaide but they beat the umps too.

What a ****en win.

It was a magnificent win but the umpires were s**t for both sides. Lots of arm chopping ball dropping by Adelaide players ignored and some pretty dodgy calls the other way i wont go into.

End of the day one good qtr from the crows wasnt enough and the eagles kept going, played slick and got the choccies. Welll played to them but to suggest the umps were favouring one side is fantasy.

3 years straight nailing the south australians in S.A lol and did it in 2015 too. They were just the close one's, also got up in 2014 and in 2016 knocking the crows out of the top 4.

Crow Eaters must despise the West Coast. Goes back to 2005/6 as well.

No we don't. You seriously get everything wrong. Most crow fans I know have no problem with WCE. Beating us as underdogs isn't a reason to hate them, it's a reason to hate ourselves.

Tex very disappointing. Kennedy wasn't outstanding but beat Talia in a few contests and took his chances. Tex couldn't get the better of Schofield who isn't really a key defender and when the game was tight at the end went for a hero goal from 65 which was smothered. Betts also fluffed his lines at the end and put one out on the full. Thought Murphy was a real handful and Milera didn't waste any of his chances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard this last week with Melbourne and the week before with St Kilda and before that with GCS's. "They didn't win, we lost". Geez credit where credits due. WC are building and will be at the pointy end of the season. You cannot be the better team as you lost. It hurts less if you understand this.
Adelaide only have themselves to blame as they have so many damn times in the past. They were the better team but lost their composure and choked under pressure, simple as that. Combined with that 1 point loss in Brisbane that will surely be the difference of the season.

Why are the Eagles getting called out every damn week for getting the rub of the green. It's getting beyond ridiculous now. Do people honestly believe AFL umpires favour WC? If so, Why? How? just take your tin foil hats off for a moment and actually ponder what you are suggesting.

Someone will probably reply with a statistic showing how many frees Eagles get compared to other teams. But statistics are just useless pieces of data if they arent interpreted and theorized about. And yet, that's all it's ever remained. A statistic. A statistic that any flog on any given day can bring up to prove a point that he cant even explain, but instead just point at and say "See! See! I'm right! I dont know why I'm right or how, but I am right"

Last edited:
crows wasting their window. Should be more questions asked of pyke. talia terrible.

Interesting Gibbs is being left out with the spot light on him but Tex Walker doesnt get more questions asked.

Remember watching games where Tex would mark it 60m out and still easily kick the goal. He wqs almost unstoppable. Totally different player these days.

Why are the Eagles getting called out every damn week for getting the rub of the green. It's getting beyond ridiculous now. Do people honestly believe AFL umpires favour WC? If so, Why? How? just take your tin foil hats off for a moment and actually ponder what you are suggesting.

Someone will probably reply with a statistic showing how many frees Eagles get compared to other teams. But statistics are just useless pieces of data if they arent interpreted and theorized about. And yet, that's all it's ever remained. A statistic. A statistic that any flog on any given day can bring up to prove a point that he cant even explain, but instead just point at and say "See! See! I'm right! I dont know why I'm right or how, but I am right"

Even you have to admit that the umps gave you a ride during the third quarter. 9 frees to 1, three very dubious ones that lead to goals and a couple of missed ones at the other end.
At the end of the day the Crows lost because they couldn't kick straight and got smashed in the clearances, particularly in the middle, for the last third of the game. The Eagles big forwards clearly outplayed the Crows big forwards

Eagles game plan holds up really really well late in games when everyone is tired, often involves marking chains which are pivotal and result in goals.

This seems to now be the Eagles 'signature' way of playing. They keep coming and grind down opponents and roll over the top. Can struggle early and give away goal streaks but they just keep coming back.

Even you have to admit that the umps gave you a ride during the third quarter. 9 frees to 1, three very dubious ones that lead to goals and a couple of missed ones at the other end.
At the end of the day the Crows lost because they couldn't kick straight and got smashed in the clearances, particularly in the middle, for the last third of the game. The Eagles big forwards clearly outplayed the Crows big forwards

Were the frees legit?

The in the back free to Oscar was soft. But then they missed an obvious head high hit on Ryan in the goal square.

How many free did the Eagles get for good tackling?

Were the frees legit?

The in the back free to Oscar was soft. But then they missed an obvious head high hit on Ryan in the goal square.

The commentators even highlighted a couple of very obvious ones missed to us. We had a good run in the third quarter but the free kick momentum swung in the last and we will had the better of both quarters. Non factor overall. Crowds will boo but the players weren't arguing.

Were the frees legit?

The in the back was not a free and was followed by a 50m that lead to a goal. Sloane got buries not long afterwards, no free. WCE wasn't penalised with a 50m when they had 2 disposals after a free was awarded in the last.
Darling's was very soft, if that sort of contact was going to be called every time there would be 20 frees a quarter going to forwards. He felt a touch and threw himself to the ground.
Ryan gets the ball and then charges head down at the nearest player, no attempt at standing up. Its high contact, but if he continues to do it he is risking getting seriously hurt one day and it will mostly be his fault.

No we don't. You seriously get everything wrong. Most crow fans I know have no problem with WCE. Beating us as underdogs isn't a reason to hate them, it's a reason to hate ourselves.

Like the Crows. Should be brothers in arms with both having to put up with dick, chip on shoulder port clubs.

The in the back was not a free and was followed by a 50m that lead to a goal. Sloane got buries not long afterwards, no free. WCE wasn't penalised with a 50m when they had 2 disposals after a free was awarded in the last.
Darling's was very soft, if that sort of contact was going to be called every time there would be 20 frees a quarter going to forwards. He felt a touch and threw himself to the ground.
Ryan gets the ball and then charges head down at the nearest player, no attempt at standing up. Its high contact, but if he continues to do it he is risking getting seriously hurt one day and it will mostly be his fault.
-Ryan had to bend down to collect the ball and had his head ripped off.
-Allen's was a free, fell in the middle of his back and paid all the time. Maybe a bit soft but a free as per the rules. 3-possessions and numerous whistles/calls as a WCE free before obvious 50 paid.
-Darling clearly held, free every day of the week and a panic move by a player out of position hoping the ump didn't see the contact. Just held his arm out of the marking contest.

What do you think of Allen's clear mark who then had his arm chopped and called play on? What about the numerous times Crows player were caught clearly holding the ball and disposed incorrectly but still got called play on?

Back