Remove this Banner Ad

WCfan22

WCE tragic
Apr 1, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WWE
It is his doing. When players kick the ball around in the backline down 2 goals with 7 minutes left, this is on Bolton's head.
I can't work out why they keep/like him so much at the end of the day the team is going backwards and thats pretty hard to do when your already at the bottom

Americanpies

Club Legend
May 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
I can't work out why they keep/like him so much at the end of the day the team is going backwards and thats pretty hard to do when your already at the bottom

The guy is a classic snakeskin salesman.

Everyone fell in love with him after he won a bunch of games in a row when he filled in for Clarkson at Hawthorn while he was sick. What many don't realise is that an Orangutan could have coached Hawthorn in that period as they were so well drilled on their plan and great players... they literally didn't need a coach... hence Bolton did nothing, just like he has done at Carlton.

RAPPA

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 20, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Carlton fans wouldn’t want to whinge anymore, the umpires tried their absolute best to get you over the line here but unfortunately you’re down the bottom for a very good reason.

Carlton are turning into Gold Coast fast when ablett was there. Give it to cripps at every opportunity no matter what.

Again, Carlton supporters on here, you are an absolute embarrassment to your team with the way you carry on particularly the crap about Leigh fisher and umpiring, with attitudes like that no wonder your club is ******!

Oh stfu and don’t paint all Carlton supporters with one brush. You otherwise come across as a tool with your sanctimonious bs comments

Americanpies

Club Legend
May 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Neither of these teams is going anywhere. Cannot see either coach holding his job beyond this year. Looks like this will be the year of major coaching reshuffles.

North Melbourne - Done

Next to go, take your pick -

Carlton
St Kilda
Port
Essendon
Fremantle
Melbourne
Sydney
Western Bulldogs

gordo2016

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
Footscray, Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bolton has to go.

What sort of gameplan have these dumb players got in their heads? The game was actually in the balance... They somehow pulled it back to 5 points. And what do they do? Sideways... backwards... Let's play around with the ball in our backline! It's like their focus is not on scoring. I really don't understand it.
It is an easy game watching from the stands mate. It is up to the players out there to make the right decisions on the ground. When you are losing all the time, your decision making can become hesitant. I am sure Bolton is not telling them to chip it sideways and go backwards in that situation.

Americanpies

Club Legend
May 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Last 2 mins were bizarre,Carlton defenders chipping it around like they were 10 points in front.

The game is overcoached. Look at North Melbourne's game this week... They haven't played like that all year.

If Bolton had said at half time - all gameplans out the door. You guys play how you like... Carlton would have won.

I don't really care who won this game, but I'm sick of seeing teams unable to win a game because they are sticking to BS tactics til the death. Happens way too often..

May 29, 2010
The Tree Lodge
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
SF 49ers, Arsenal
North Melbourne - Done

Next to go, take your pick -

Carlton
St Kilda
Port
Essendon
Fremantle
Melbourne
Sydney
Western Bulldogs

Incredible isn't it. I can't recall a season where so many coaching jobs were on the line. I imagine there is plenty of behind the scenes scrambling and the rumour about Scott having offer(s) elsewhere are most likely on the money.

romeohwho

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Neither of these teams is going anywhere. Cannot see either coach holding his job beyond this year. Looks like this will be the year of major coaching reshuffles.
If Saints hadn’t lost Stevens, Roberton, Carlisle, McCartin, Geary, Lonie, Webster-they’d actually be knocking a few more teams off this year.

Americanpies

Club Legend
May 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Incredible isn't it. I can't recall a season where so many coaching jobs were on the line. I imagine there is plenty of behind the scenes scrambling and the rumour about Scott having offer(s) elsewhere are most likely on the money.

The thing that all these teams have in common is that they are all under an illusion that they are better than they are. All of them are big mouth coaches that beat their chest, telling everyone they are contenders... they trade in rubbish players from other places and end up with half ass lists.

Pretty funny how the teams who are actually doing well - Collingwood, Richmond, Geelong, GWS don't go around talking about how good they are.

gingernuts

binlicker
Apr 25, 2018
the southern end of the minyip swamp
AFL Club
Geelong
The thing that all these teams have in common is that they are all under an illusion that they are better than they are. All of them are big mouth coaches that beat their chest, telling everyone they are contenders... they trade in rubbish players from other places and end up with half ass lists.

Pretty funny how the teams who are actually doing well - Collingwood, Richmond, Geelong, GWS don't go around talking about how good they are.
If you are good at something you don't have to tell anyone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Americanpies

Club Legend
May 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
If you are good at something you don't have to tell anyone

Exactly.. however the point is........ this is why fans/media/AFL World are pissed off at all these coaches, because they all build up their teams to instant premiers and then don't even make the top 8. These coaches would be a lot more liked and respected if they didn't talk so much hot air. Bolton is the master of hot air.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
That's not much of a prize, I'd rather us lose than get him as coach.
He's more likely to end up at Essendon than he is the Saints.
If Carlton are ever going to win one, this is their chance.

They've probably had this set as their "grand final" for weeks and now they have far more incentive to perform, after the hammering they've copped all week, and they've possibly got the strongest team they've had all year out on the park.

They only have 6 on their injury list now (compared to our 13), and I'd say only 3 of them are definite best 22 (Docherty, Murphy, Jones), while at least 7 of ours are (Steven, Hannebery, Carlisle, Roberton, Geary, Webster, Lonie, and arguably McCartin for 8- he was our primary marking target up front when we got his last concussion).

We'll need to be on our game or it could be tight.
Just listening to Paddy McCartin on Triple M. The kid is in a bad bad way...good luck young man. Give footy away and focus on yourself
Good to see the umpires singlehandedly helped the saints to the win.

Saints led the free Kicks 20-7 at one point but still won the overall free kick count 31-23.

Plugger 35, any complaints?

Back