Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Collingwood > 30 pts

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney wont win many games with that negative game plan. Causing stoppages and then just kicking blindly and hoping it lands on someone's chest. Yuck side to watch.

Tonight's game was the best possible example of how meaningless the free kick count is.

The umpires ignored countless free kicks that should've gone our way, especially to Grundy and our forwards.

What does it take to pay a free kick against Allir Allir? Holding, arm chopping and massive pushes in the back all f'ing night long and I think 1 eventually went against him. Good lord.

Callum Sinclair molested Grundy in the ruck all night. Constantly holding his jumper, locking his arms up and shoving him in the back out of the contest. Look up Grundy's career ratio of free kicks for and against and tell me there's nothing bogus there. Easily the most hard done by player in the comp.

I haven't read through the thread as I was out watching the game but tell me someone mentioned Grundy getting shoved in the back right out of the contest late in the last qtr when Reid marked and goaled?

Disgraceful umpiring all night. Again, I haven't read through this thread but even the biggest Collingwood haters on this site can't possibly think we got the better of that one.

grundy took a dump on Sinclair
Grundy is next level, but I don’t think Sinclair himself had a terrible game. To finish up on 20 hitouts, 7 tackles and 4 clearances is a serviceable game.

I’ve always kept a closer eye on him as he’s my ruckman in fantasy. I like the way he goes about it.

Grundy is next level, but I don’t think Sinclair himself had a terrible game. To finish up on 20 hitouts, 7 tackles and 4 clearances is a serviceable game.

I’ve always kept a closer eye on him as he’s my ruckman in fantasy. I like the way he goes about it.

sort of sums up the teams too tonight really

just different levels, sydney were actually not bad compared to most weeks
Collingwood just a better side

All Collingwood supporters want the Tiges to keep winning. We are desperate to play you guys week one of the finals, it'll be like having a three week break from competitive games.
Yes, there was a brief period there where the Tigers overcame the dominance the Magpies have had over them for decades, and actually won several matches, although it was usually when the Pies were decimated by injury. Pleased to see that order has been restored, and they’re now back to being our bitches. Obviously galling for them, and very hard to take. And they’re not taking it very well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same difference. Enjoy your umpire assisted win anyway, I'm off. Rigged comp . Interstate sides should have their own comp and let the vicco have their vfl back and watch the clubs fold because they all need the money the interstate sides provide the afl with sell outs and 9 match rounds. St. Kilda, Carlton, bulldogs would be gone within a year.
Good to see you enjoying your footy, doesnt your team only exist because of the AFL.
As to the umpire bias in ALL collingwood games. How lucky are we when the majority of supporters hate us, but the 20 odd umpires in the AFL are all colingwood supporters.

IMO Richmond and Collingwood are the two best teams in the league at the moment. Both gutsy teams and probably the two deepest teams in the AFL. GWS have shown that if they have one guy out (Whitfield) they fall to garbage... I suspect Geelong might struggle a bit too if they lose 1 or 2 big names. Pies and Tiges though just find a way though... both teams will be deadly when full teams are back and potentially the Grand Final between these two.
Conveniently forgetting the team who has wiped you 4 times in 9 months. And did the same to Richmond the last time we played.

Outside the obvious and regular player mentioned, I think the below few deserve some kudos for tonight.

Greenwood - Wowee, would’ve been one of the best, if not the best player on the ground early on, and was massive for Collingwood in defence. Ended up with 21 possessions and 11 marks.

Brown - Fast becoming my favourite player at Collingwood and has a very, very smart footy brain. He just knows how to position himself in contests, he knows how to maneuver his body to win the ball and seems to bob up at the right times for Collingwood when someone is needed. He has well and truly cemented his spot in our best 22 IMO. 15 possessions, 9 tackles and 2 goals.

Mayne - So pleasing to see someone so maligned play well, and more importantly, stay healthy. We wouldn’t have won if it weren’t for those 2 last quarter goals. Ends the game with 20 possessions, 9 score involvements, 7 marks and 5 tackles. He ain’t a star, but is very, very important to Collingwood’s structure and set up.

My two disappointments were Beams and Treloar. Beams hasn’t really fired a shot yet in 2019 and Treloar just isn’t making the right decisions a lot of times which results in costly turnovers. I’ve got faith they can turn it around, and hopefully that comes in the business end of the season.

All in all, we bank the 4 points, make it 7 in a row now, and keep 3rd place an arms length for another week.

Good to see that umpires actually are capable of penalising Rampe in a crucial time when he does something against the rules.
Imagine having to rely on the most uncommon, obscure rule that exists in our game being paid after the final f***ing siren just to beat the side sitting 18th on the ladder. Might be time to let it go mate.

do you drop reid for cox or reckon they can play together? starts to look a little top heavy with them both there and mihocek
I'd drop Reid if without hesitation, Cox maybe inconsistent but he draws defenders which brings our other forwards into play, much better ruck as well.

Reid can play back if we must fit him in.

Tonight's game was the best possible example of how meaningless the free kick count is.

The umpires ignored countless free kicks that should've gone our way, especially to Grundy and our forwards.

What does it take to pay a free kick against Allir Allir? Holding, arm chopping and massive pushes in the back all f'ing night long and I think 1 eventually went against him. Good lord.

Callum Sinclair molested Grundy in the ruck all night. Constantly holding his jumper, locking his arms up and shoving him in the back out of the contest. Look up Grundy's career ratio of free kicks for and against and tell me there's nothing bogus there. Easily the most hard done by player in the comp.

I haven't read through the thread as I was out watching the game but tell me someone mentioned Grundy getting shoved in the back right out of the contest late in the last qtr when Reid marked and goaled?

Disgraceful umpiring all night. Again, I haven't read through this thread but even the biggest Collingwood haters on this site can't possibly think we got the better of that one.

Yeah you guys got raped by the umps yet again. Majority of posters totally agree with you was disgraceful to watch the injustice. I genuinely care about your well being in the fragile state you must be in after that and of course feel for you for the strange looks you get being a cyclops and all.

Back