Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Collingwood > 30 pts

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Where’s all the peanuts that were laughing at the Chris maybe acquisition 18 months ago? Gone quiet it seems. What a pick up this has turned out to be. Are they really only paying him about $400k a year? Bargain!
Serious question. Being in Sydney, we don’t get all the detail.
We heard that the questions about the Chris Mayne deal we’re mainly led by Buckley, and that’s why he stuck him in the Magoos for ages.

I feel for Rampe.

Him going over the mark did not affect Maynes kick.

Two weeks ago he was told that umpires would be pragmatic and make common sense decisions and now this.

Unfair I reckon.
So you reckon players CAN go over the mark and not be penalised as long as the umpires out on the field can somehow work out if the kick isn’t affected?
Try again.

Last edited:
Collingwood could not buy a free kick after half time, all one way traffic from the home town umpires

Umpires’ discussion at half time:
Hey guys, do you realise how many frees we’ve given the Pies?
Sh!t.
We’d better adjust.

At 3/4 time:
We’ve adjusted but now the Swans are right back in it and may just win.
Okay, let’s reset.

It’s not the last free kick paid. It’s the frees and missed frees throughout the game.

Last thing, Margettes and Nichols are not Sydney home based umpires.

Rampe and Mayne just punched each other in the chest with umpire Baldy standing 3 metres away and looking right at them. No free kick?!?! I thought this was against the rules. Hawthorn lost to the Bulldogs in Round 2 thanks largely to 3 free kicks for the exact same action. The AFL gave it their tick of approval and said the free kicks were justified.

So why is there a different set of rules for Sydney and Collingwood?

But how do they pay them both a free kick at the same time?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you also think player can climb goal posts?
I’m sure if Myers was 30m out from goal the free would have been paid. But Myers wasn’t even close to making the distance and it would have been an injustice to therefore pay it. Do you think if Mayne was having a shot at goal after the siren from the centre square that a free on the goal line should be paid if Rampe climbed the goal post?? I bet you would have gone berserk like every other opposition fan.

Bunch of salty Collingwood winners in here. Lot of angst over last years premiership defeat. Thought you lot would be use to it by now. Power stance blah blah blah. If Buckley wins a premiership I will have faith in the pies, til then, pigs will fly first imo.

Get out and see the sunshine, I’ve been up working since 5:30 it’s looking like a nice day

Let's be fair Domus old mate, you gave up a 5 goal lead. That's like two top 100m sprinters having a race and one sprinter saying to the other you can have a 5m head start and I reckon I'll still beat you... and he does. That would be pretty humiliating.
5 goal lead in the 1st qtr is very different to 5 goal lead at 3/4 time. The fact is the Pies were not even expected to make finals, comprehensively defeat the flag favourites in the Prelim and were really the underdogs against the WCE who beat us both times during the year and had a potent forward line we really were supposed to handle with our makeshift backline. Keep stretching...

Absolutely not!
We got a 50 because a player went over the mark. That’s the rule

of course NOT. That should have been a free kick.

Did he actually go over the mark though? Legitimate question. I didn't see the game but saw the highlights so it's impossible to tell where the mark was taken and if he went over it.

Secondly, if a player jumps over the mark but the ball is kicked before they hit the ground, does that count as going over the mark? (There was one paid against Rance last year vs Franklin by RazorRay where this happened). Exact same as a tennis serve where a players body is in front of the line at the point of contact but no part of them is touching the ground.

Think I need to read the rulebook.

buckley will never win as many brownlows as you though champ, will he
Lol. Now that's absolute drivvle. You won't win as many as roo either will you? I don't think any of us are claiming to be as good as them as players are we? Anyone? Lol. I'm not asking for the big bucks either, I just comment on what I see. And what I've seen is Nathan Buckley fail to win a premiership as player and coach even though making it to a GF as both lol.

Were the Swans two rotations down including Kennedy? Close game might have gone differently otherwise. I think Collingwood lost Wells too, but Kennedy could have been really important in those late clearances.

Always knew the Pies would finish over the top of them in the circumstances. Swans needed to be leading by a few more goals in the last, they were never going to win coming in only 8 points up at 3 quarter time.

The Pies lost Wells just after his third goal. That’s pretty influential.

But how do they pay them both a free kick at the same time?
it didn’t happen at the same time - happened one after the other - so you pay the first free kick and that should settle the matter. But if the guy retaliates, then you penalise him - you reverse the free kick and give the ball to the other bloke.

This is what umpires have been doing forever. What game have you been watching?:rolleyes: That’s what happened to Hawthorn vs Bulldogs - Hawks players were penalised for retaliating to the sly Bulldogs niggle.

To provide a bit of context to allir/daw controversy, bt had referenced just 5 mins prior to the incident that the last time sydney reached a 100 points was when allir/daw played in the same match.

Seems more like that the name daw was playing on his mind due to him mentioning him 5 mins before.

Back